Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO question. Quick!!!

• 01-07-2012 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭

This is my CAO atm (biomed science is out of my points range though)
    Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. GY303 Biomedical Science
    2. GY408 Biomedical Engineering
    3. GY401 Engineering (Undenominated)
    4. GY304 Biotechnology
    5. GY251 Civil Law

If I don't get the first choice and don't get 2+3 because I don't qualify (no H Maths), will I still get Biotechnology? That's my worry because I don't want to lose that if I have nothing left!

I'd really appreciate a quick reply because I'm under time constraints!:)

Btw I'm keeping engineering there as an option ( and I added the angry emoticon by acciden!t:P)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Yes you'll get the course you're most eligible for. CAO will keep going down your list until you satisfy the requirements. So in short, yes you still can get Biotechnology if you don't meet the requirements of the higher up courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Yes you'll get the course you're most eligible for. CAO will keep going down your list until you satisfy the requirements. So in short, yes you still can get Biotechnology if you don't meet the requirements of the higher up courses.

Ok that's perfect thanks. I don't have the points for my first choice but I can sit the engineering entrance exam so I want the option there.

Good to know I can get biotechnology if I don't go down that route though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kathryn 95

don't worry im freaking out about CAO too!! :eek:

kathryn 95 wrote: »
    don't worry im freaking out about CAO too!! :eek:

Don't talk to me about it. I still don't know what I really want to do!

fml at the moment anyway!!:rolleyes:

1ZRed wrote: »
    Don't talk to me about it. I still don't know what I really want to do!

fml at the moment anyway!!:rolleyes:

awh i know! I really cant make my mind up which order to put them in! I 'thought' i was happy last night but so far today i've changed it 5 times! :eek: 5.14 i'll get it done by!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Anyone know how to save a blank list? I don't want any level 7 courses, I have 1 on my list and it won't let me take it off.

If they do give me an offer can I just turn it down even though it's my only Level 7?

Sorry for putting this in this thread, posted in the cao thread but got no reply and it closes in a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Yeah, you can put it down and then reject it when the offers come out. :)

It's all done and locked down now!

Good luck to everyone!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

It's all done and locked down now!

Good luck to everyone!:D

I can still access it and change it, however :rolleyes:

What kind of sorcery is this?

im locked out now :eek: i think im happy with it! nothing i can do now anyway :rolleyes: lets see what happens!

• Advertisement

im locked out now :eek: i think im happy with it! nothing i can do now anyway :rolleyes: lets see what happens!

There's still a paid change of mind till the 22nd!:p

I really shouldn't mess with you though, this sh/t is stressful enough without second guessing yourself.

Now I have a solid 2 months to think about whether or not I should do engineering... great :rolleyes:

I really shouldn't mess with you though, this sh/t is stressful enough without second guessing yourself.

Now I have a solid 2 months to think about whether or not I should do engineering... great :rolleyes:

I didnt know that! :o I know that if i keep thinking about it then i will end up changing my mind altogether so im just gonna block it out :D everything will work out in the end! good luck! :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

What :O show evidence please :-) made a massive mistake and now panicing :'(

What :O show evidence please :-) made a massive mistake and now panicing :'(

Go into your application and you can see the details the left column somewhere in the middle of it. I didn't read it through thoroughly but I did see the dates and stuff there.
    If you're stuck, I'd ring up the CAO office so they can sort you out quickly and easily.

At least you found out you made a mistake now instead of in August. Hope it works out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

Go into your application and you can see the details the left column somewhere in the middle of it. I didn't read it through thoroughly but I did see the dates and stuff there.
    If you're stuck, I'd ring up the CAO office so they can sort you out quickly and easily.

At least you found out you made a mistake now instead of in August. Hope it works out:)

The only thing I can find about the 22nd is for Current Third level students

:(

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM

crapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp and crappppppppppppppppppp

The only thing I can find about the 22nd is for Current Third level students

:(

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=aboutCOM

crapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp and crappppppppppppppppppp

Ok I'd ring up the CAO tomorrow. I'm sure something can be sorted out and it's not too late.
    Subject to the exceptions and restrictions mentioned below, you may change course choices (without fee) as often as you wish, up to 17:15 on the 1st July.

From this you can see that you must be able to change your CAO if they made mention of the "without fee" so assuming you pay, you might be able to change your application within a separate time frame.

As of now I wouldn't try to worry about it until tomorrow (easier said than done I know) but remember that it will work out for you if you want it enough.
    I don't blame you though, it's so easy to make a balls of it by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

are we still able to change it then? i don't mind if i have to pay the extra fee...

Advertisement