Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - what is the best thing about it?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 5:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

lo all! Down in Cork for first time a few weeks ago.:D Nice place, funny accents, very small, not a city - more a large town, good food, nice people, great pubs, nice weather (surprisingly). :D

Had a grand time. Definitely recommend it. Cork is definitely the second best place in Ireland:cool: (no offence to Galway)

:cool:

ireland-cork-small-map-blue.jpg

So what do you find great about Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

darkman2 wrote: »
    lo all! Down in Cork for first time a few weeks ago.:D Nice place, funny accents, very small, not a city - more a large town, good food, nice people, great pubs, nice weather (surprisingly). :D

Had a grand time. Definitely recommend it. Cork is definitely the second best place in Ireland:cool: (no offence to Galway)

801_CorkNot.jpg

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

The difference between rural and built up is only a matter of a 5 min drive, the city is easily accessed and exited

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TimTom

It's close to Galway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

my dogs breath smells of dog food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

They have a great little mexican restaurant down there,worth checking out if youre in the middle of the city..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

They have a great little mexican restaurant down there,worth checking out if youre in the middle of the city..

Where? ... because there's no way you're talking about Cafe Mexicana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Best thing about it is the way you can have everything here,

good variety of transport planes,trains,buses,bikes, horses!

you can walk from one end of the city to the other yet it still has almost everything the bigger cities have!

good variety of activities, beaches, parks, shopping centers, outdoor activity centers, cinemas, cycling, gigs...etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

wow, musn't be all that much great. Not too many replys:eek: (Only 7, and one of them was telling us his breath smells like dog food)

Thought Corkonians would be over this thread like a rash to show off their city.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

For a very small city I love how open minded people mostly tend to be. :) There's a nice laid back feel to Cork, a sort of do what you want kind of attitude. On a sunny day it's great just to chill out around town, grab a coffee with friends and sit outside soaking up the sunshine.

Admittedly I haven't done that at all this summer because there haven't been any sunny enough days to do it. :rolleyes:

Also there's a good enough variety of stuff to do, if you have a hobby other than sports if you go looking for it, chances are you'll find an organisation/ group who share the same interest.

TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

starch4ser wrote: »
    TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.

Nope, actually proprietor has the same number of letters so it's a tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it is next county to kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Lennoxs, bandon rd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

hillbillies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Its not Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

There's a new natural aquarium in doughlas and glanmire that's worth taking a look at!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

They have hillbillies in Ennis too I think!

OP....we live here so we know what its like, If we didnt like it we would go elsewhere.
    Personally I find your post a bit condescending. I am not saying its the best place in the world but I dont think it needs your seal of approval either...

Could one of the mods close this abomination?

Damn you darkman, damn you. Why did you have to open this condescending thread? :D

p.s There's a hillbillies in Fairview as well. Ummm, i'm getting hungry now... might take a walk down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭tricialou

darkman2 wrote: »

ireland-cork-small-map-blue.jpg

hhhhmmm... well the acce nt is funny but it can get annoying!! the drivers want to run you off the road in the city if you dont know where your going and have no prob roaring "mupet out the window!
    on a good note
    kinsale is one of if not the nicest town in ireland , west cork is allright too nice beaches and green fields, mizen head
    Cork would be grand if there were no cork people there ha !

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

tricialou wrote: »
    the drivers want to run you off the road in the city if you dont know where your going and have no prob roaring "mupet out the window!

which is exactly the same as any city you'll ever come across..

what's that supposed to mean? you can't come onto a specifically marked Cork City forum and slag cork people. granted, there are some unsavory characters, but no more than anywhere else. In my opinion, you'll find some of the nicest people in cork, it's a far more welcoming city than many of the others.
    Could one of the mods close this abomination?

Agreed, this thread is just attracting ignorant people bashing on Cork, and they don't even realize it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Op is a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The road out of it:pac:

BOHtox wrote: »
    The road out of it:pac:

Good one. Very original. I'm literally falling about the place laughing. :cool:
    Op is a troll

OP used to be a mod. Might explain why the thread is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

starch4ser wrote: »
    p.s There's a hillbillies in Fairview as well. Ummm, i'm getting hungry now... might take a walk down

Is that one endorsed by royalty?

84933e3b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

hhhhmmm... well the acce nt is funny but it can get annoying!! the drivers want to run you off the road in the city if you dont know where your going and have no prob roaring "mupet out the window!
    on a good note
    kinsale is one of if not the nicest town in ireland , west cork is allright too nice beaches and green fields, mizen head

I find it strange that someone who dislikes Corkonians bothers to browse through the Cork City forum. As for your spelling and grammar.....:eek:

What is wrong with someone from Dublin asking someone from Cork what they think is the best thing about Cork?:confused:

If someone asked me what the best thing was about Dublin and they were from Cork it wouldn't bother me, not one teeny weeny little bit. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Best thing about cork is the english market where you can get lovely chocolates and cherries etc..

kinsale is one of if not the nicest town in ireland

Allow me to give this a icon14.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the regional park........................when It's not flooded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The fact that in all the cities in the world, Cork had/had one of the most important house music scenes ever. Take a bow to Sir Henrys.

The City is close to the coast. We have every facility we could ever want

We have West Cork.

Our accent is like a song (or so I am told by fordiners).

We are law obiding people who would never give bad advice about driving.

Advertisement