Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you have to purchase premium

Options
  • 01-07-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

i was under the impression that you could purchase it for fifty and get 2 weeks early access... or just wait it out and get it free two weeks later.

was i just being delusional?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

No free lunch, unfortunately. To get early access to the content you have to purchase the Premium Pack before the release date (pre-order). Otherwise it's the same price.

You can pay just for the maps in smaller groups, but this doesn't get you early access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

No, it doesn't become free after two weeks. :P

It gives you two weeks early access to upcoming DLC packs, as well as some other goodies, for the sum of €50.

You can download the DLC packs without it but you have to wait two weeks longer than Premium players and AFAIK purchasing the DLC packs seperately works out as more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

cheers lads, not happy about this though. with my subscription running out and this loada b****x, im gonna be down a hundred quid soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

up'Chuck wrote: »
    cheers lads, not happy about this though. with my subscription running out and this loada b****x, im gonna be down a hundred quid soon.

Same here. I am not interested in the Close Quarters DLC but will be getting premium end of August in time for the Armored Kill DLC, which is around the same time my xbox live runs out. 100squid :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Same here. I am not interested in the Close Quarters DLC but will be getting premium end of August in time for the Armored Kill DLC, which is around the same time my xbox live runs out. 100squid :(

Close Quarters is unbelievably fun.

I didn't think it was the right way to go for DICE, but they've outdone themselves...give it a try. Very addictive.

• Advertisement

I am a chopper whore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

"Premium"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

wtf you have to pay for xbox live ?????:confused::eek: ouch , benefits of being a pc gamer i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Xbox lol. My mate has to pay for LIVE just to USE Netflix.!!! lololol.

wtf you have to pay for xbox live ?????:confused::eek: ouch , benefits of being a pc gamer i suppose

I know I know. I have been tempted to get into PC gaming and building a PC just for BF3, but I live in the middle of nowhere and have poor internet options here.

I just cant justify spending alot of money on a good gaming PC as opposed to 200quid for a xbox. Right now my connection is only good enough to play BF3 between 1am and 10am. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Klair88 wrote: »
    Xbox lol. My mate has to pay for LIVE just to USE Netflix.!!! lololol.
    I have a PS3 and an Xbox. Far prefer the Xbox online interface. And why are people paying nearly €50 for LIVE? I got 14 months for €34.99 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I have a PS3 and an Xbox. Far prefer the Xbox online interface. And why are people paying nearly €50 for LIVE? I got 14 months for €34.99 last year.

had it online for 2 months and will admit the interface definitely is better, but you get what you pay for. Its all personal preference though, haven't turned mine on in months now.
    I feel you pay way too much for everything, battlefield game, online pass (if used) Xbox live, BF3 Premium and internet connection?! waaaaat? just to play online? your kidding!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah I have sunk a fortune into Battlefield. Premium and two renewals on a server. Luckily I now get my Xbox Live time for free. ;)

Advertisement