Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just before I order...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GS540

If I were you i'd switch the HDD from a WD green to a WD black.

Are you getting them to put it together for you or are you doing it yourself? If you are getting them to put it together you should buy a decent warranty from them. If you're putting it together and break something you should be able to RMA it back to the components manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

Are you a student? You can get Windows 7 for €55 of you are a student from here

I can't comment on the build cause I'm new to the whole building process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

If you're planing on overclocking your CPU get an aftermarket cooling fan.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    If you're planing on overclocking your CPU get an aftermarket cooling fan.

Yeah forgot about that seeing as your getting a K processor you should really get a after market CPU cooler.

I'd highly recommend a Noctua NH-D14.

GS540 wrote: »
    Are you getting them to put it together for you or are you doing it yourself? If you are getting them to put it together you should buy a decent warranty from them. If you're putting it together and break something you should be able to RMA it back to the components manufacturer.

So it's almost safer to put it together yourself?

• Advertisement

Well if you know what you doing its almost impossible to go wrong. Only thing you really need to worry about if your gonna put it together yourself is applying CPU thermal paste. This can be very tricky to get right. If you are going to put it together yourself look up a few videos tutorials about applying thermal paste.

Well if you know what you doing its almost impossible to go wrong. Only thing you really need to worry about if your gonna put it together yourself is applying CPU thermal paste. This can be very tricky to get right. If you are going to put it together yourself look up a few videos tutorials about applying thermal paste.

I was just wondering on the warranty side of things. Plus It'll give me something to do for an afternoon as soon as the banks get sorted...... Gotta love Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ABDublin

If I were you i'd switch the HDD from a WD green to a WD black.

They're assembling it so I'll be sure to buy a warranty :)

Ah right well i mean all the parts have different warranties so you'd have to look on their websites. If i were you i'd put it together. Also the power supply you have chosen isn't great. You should seriously get a corsair power supply. I have a 1050W HX series and it has a 7 year warranty if i recall.

ABDublin wrote: »
    They're assembling it so I'll be sure to buy a warranty :)

Ah well your sorted then :) make sure to buy a decent warranty on it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ABDublin

Ah well your sorted then :) make sure to buy a decent warranty on it though.

How do warranties work with hardwareversand? do I buy it like their assembling service or do I get the option during checkout?

How do warranties work with hardwareversand? do I buy it like their assembling service or do I get the option during checkout?

Well I've never used them but I'd say you buy it during the assembling service, but it could also be during checkout haha. just make sure you get a warranty on the hole computer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Bear in mind they are in Germany - the shortest warranty you'll get on a component part is 3 years - just deal with the manufacturer if things go wrong. Unless its some kind of onsite service and its very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

If you're putting it together and break something you should be able to RMA it back to the components manufacturer.

What for? A chargable repair? Some manufacturers might let you away with this others will spot it a mile off. The only company that allows this as far as I know id Scan if you take out the installation insurance.

Advertisement