Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I just rang around some of the gyms with swimming pools so here are the prices they're offering at the moment for anyone interested (mods hope it's okay to post this).

Spirit Gym on the Quay - €160 - 3 months, €290 - 6 months, €500 - 12 months (or €180 up front and 10 x €37 DD) 6.30a.m. opening
    includes gym, swimming pool and most classes and the rest at a reduced rate

Tower Hotel Gym - €154 - 3 months, €289 - 6 months, €525 - 12 months (no DD option) 7a.m. opening
    includes gym and swimming pool, only class they do is aqua aerobics

Kingfisher Gym - €399 - 12 months (can be paid up front or through installments, 3 x €133), will apparently be going up to €499
    includes gym, swimming pool and all classes (25 classes a week included) 6a.m. opening

I'm kind of restricted by opening times, I go to the gym before work, so the Tower Hotel is out for me. Anybody have any input?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Have you tried the Waterford Crystal centre gym? They open early, as far as I know.

Rang Waterford Crystal and the swimming pool doesn't open until 8a.m. in the morning and the gym doesn't open until 8a.m. either most days, that's just too late for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭watermark

pixie, spirit opens at 6.30am. problem solved? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

i thought it was 6am,mon to fri,8am weekends now?

watermark wrote: »
    pixie, spirit opens at 6.30am. problem solved? :rolleyes:

I was asking for input on which gym provides a better service, obviously directed at any posters here who are or were customers.

I better throw in :rolleyes: just to compound how silly you're being.

anplaya wrote: »
    i thought it was 6am,mon to fri,8am weekends now?

I'm not sure which gym you're referring to but the times I posted above are accurate as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

i'm a member of kingfisher and use it at 6 in the morning before work. no complaints!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

I'm not sure which gym you're referring to but the times I posted above are accurate as of today.

spirit.i think its 6am mon to fri,8am sat and sun.

• Advertisement

Will ring them tomorrow to double check, thanks

I was asking for input on which gym provides a better service, obviously directed at any posters here who are or were customers.

I better throw in :rolleyes: just to compound how silly you're being.

I'm kind of restricted by opening times, I go to the gym before work, so the Tower Hotel is out for me. Anybody have any input?

haha silly me :D you said the tower was out, but opened at 7am, and Spirit opened at 6.30am so thought the opening hours might suit ya is all.

oh i should add the emoticon was my attempt at "thinking face" oppossed to "sarcastic. my bad! :p

anplaya wrote: »
    spirit.i think its 6am mon to fri,8am sat and sun.

6.30am - 9.30pm Mon-Fri
    8am - 9pm Sat/Sun + Bank Hols

watermark wrote: »
    haha silly me :D you said the tower was out, but opened at 7am, and Spirit opened at 6.30am so thought the opening hours might suit ya is all.

oh i should add the emoticon was my attempt at "thinking face" oppossed to "sarcastic. my bad! :p

no bother :)

It's between Spirit and Kingfisher, will sleep on it.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Whats the latest deals on gyms in waterford . Id be looking for a 6 month membership cheapest the better???

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

€399 V €500
    KINGFISHER is bigger all round but probally a busier spot
    €500 is a bit ott for a smallish place like the bridge hotel gym the location may suit some people but on that €160 for 3 months is pure greedy around a 22% premium to the annual fee, worse than most moneylenders.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

From experience, unlike Kingfisher, I find that at least Spirit Gym are consistent with their prices and significant discounts are available when renewing memberships. IMO

It might sound like the price OTT but I never had any problems in there and the staff are always friendly.

And as a woman who had no confidence joining first I look forward to going in for an hour and giving it sox....:D

I agree, the yearly rates are a little bit steep but due to location our changing rooms are a bit cosy. Therefore we cant have high number of members like kingfisher so need to charge slightly higher to cover costs etc. Not sure I understand what you mean about the 3months. Do u mean if multiplied by 4 you pay 22% more for the 12months? If you do its priced like that to entice people to join for longer terms.

And yep, we offer discounts when re-joining (maybe not significant as a previous poster said) but decent enough.
    €399 V €500
    KINGFISHER is bigger all round but probally a busier spot
    €500 is a bit ott for a smallish place like the bridge hotel gym the location may suit some people but on that €160 for 3 months is pure greedy around a 22% premium to the annual fee, worse than most moneylenders.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

How much is Jimmy paynes gym up in cleaboy ?? And does anyone have contact info for the place? I
    Was lookibg for 3 or 6 mobth membership just gym but prices seem bit high for them. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Gym what the hell is a gym? oh a GYYYYYMMMM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

LickiRake wrote: »
    Jimmy Payne's gym is 120 for the year at the moment. I'm not too sure what facility's or equipment they have tough, very hard to find info!

Anybody have anymore info on this gym? there facebook page hasnt been updated in over a year is it still open even?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody have anymore info on this gym? there facebook page hasnt been updated in over a year is it still open even?

My Kingfisher membership is up and i am looking elsewhere. Kingfisher is good but it's a 30 min walk and Jimmy Payne is only around the corner.

Can anybody tell what Jimmy Payne's is like it's cheap and only around the corner. But €120 sounds too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Nuts102 wrote: »
    My Kingfisher membership is up and i am looking elsewhere. Kingfisher is good but it's a 30 min walk and Jimmy Payne is only around the corner.

Can anybody tell what Jimmy Payne's is like it's cheap and only around the corner. But €120 sounds too good to be true.

Jimmys Gym is very good value if you choose just to use the gym. Excercise classes are not included in the price, which personally myself, I prefer to use as get more from spinning/circuits than just going in and doing a bit here and there (thats just the way I would be personally)
    There is no pool at Jimmys. Other than that though, the are really really helpful and always offer to give good advice if asked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Nuts102 wrote: »

How much is it to Join Kingfisher now?

How much is it to Join Kingfisher now?

I told them i was going back to college and they offered me €300 for the year.

Jimmys Gym is very good value if you choose just to use the gym. Excercise classes are not included in the price, which personally myself, I prefer to use as get more from spinning/circuits than just going in and doing a bit here and there (thats just the way I would be personally)
    There is no pool at Jimmys. Other than that though, the are really really helpful and always offer to give good advice if asked :)

Ye i just don't know myself wouldn't care about the pool. Actually most people i know are finding classes are more helpful for losing weight. I am doing couch to 5k at the moment so maybe keeping up jogging and buy weights might be a better option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I see the 'new' Crystal Gym (formerly Waterford Crystal SC) has done a little job with the gym and also has a smaller seperate women-only gym now, might be worth checking out as an option?

Anybody know what tower hotels gym is like? I wud like to have a gym with a sauna and jacuzzi and I believe they have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I believe its very dated, maybe Spirit is better and they have a Sauna too, not sure about Jacuzzi though

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I believe its very dated, maybe Spirit is better and they have a Sauna too, not sure about Jacuzzi though

Where is spirit? Is that the one in town there not far from the quay?

Advertisement