Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silence on you tube

Options
  • 01-07-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

has anyone got any idea why my videos on you tube are suddenly silent when i upload them. up to the last few all was fine, but newer ones have not got any sound, the picture is fine, but no sound. when i play them on my computer they are perfect. any ideas, any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

What program are you using to render the videos? Do you have a choice of what audio codec to use? If you do can you post the details of what you use. It may be a codec that youtube doesn't like/support. Or maybe your videos are getting muted for copyright infringement? The latter would also give you messages next to your videos but just in case.

Also have you changed any settings since uploading your other videos which did have working sound? It may be something as simple as accidentally unchecking a box to use sound

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Are you uploading them with music in the background or jus the recorded sound (voices etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Give us a link so we can see please.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

Could it be that the flash video app is muted? Look at the mute button (picture of a speaker) next to the play button in the YouTube video. If it has a little "x" beside it, it is muted. Click it and it should unmute.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJjTjXeZ-I&list=UUvd-Pef-HlycartC3kwv8gg&index=4&feature=plcp
    this is one of the few without sound. i uploaded one using windows movie maker and the sound was fine, also uped some music with it and all was clear. i have been having a few problems with utube as of late. what does render mean, are you supposed to do something with the videos before you start to upload. thank you for your help, much needed.;:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishpaddy

think i got it cheers for all your help.

Advertisement