Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door 2 Door Sales

Options
  • 01-07-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ,
    I am currently unemployed and have an interview for job during the week doing D2D sales for vodafone residential ,I have previous sales experience in that area but not D2D .Just wondering has anyone tried this before with vodafone or some other company and can you make a descent wage doing it ?The wage on offer is 19K basic and then bonus on top .Any experience or comments welcomed please ?

Rgds

Deiselad12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Is that throught RK corporation? if so avoid like the plague.....just sear the boards for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I did D2D for another company. I found out very fast it wasnt for me. Some people are very well suited to it but the vast majority arent, if I were you id keep looking for other jobs at the same time just so you can always do something else I you decide its not for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

same as above. the amount of ground you have to cover and the hours make it sh*t and then most people just don't like to be bothered at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

as said if its RK corporation avoid like the plague!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deiselad12

as said if its RK corporation avoid like the plague!!!

Its not with that RK place i also heard horror stories about them . its with Vodafone residential broadband and phone ,they pay basic for two weeks until your earning above the basic then its commission only once above the basic amount . if don't get 9 sales a week after the first two weeks they get rid of you !Do you think getting 9 - 10 a week is achievable ? the product is comparable to rest of market .
    rgds
    Deiselad12

• Advertisement

deiselad12 wrote: »
    Its not with that RK place i also heard horror stories about them . its with Vodafone residential broadband and phone ,they pay basic for two weeks until your earning above the basic then its commission only once above the basic amount . if don't get 9 sales a week after the first two weeks they get rid of you !Do you think getting 9 - 10 a week is achievable ? the product is comparable to rest of market .
    rgds
    Deiselad12
    if you were getting 9-10 sales a week you'd be a top salesman in the field of what your selling!! don't bother wasting your time and possibly money earned with this lot, i work as a sales rep and have done for nearly six years and would'nt go near any place that just pays ya by commission only, there only gonna fcuk ya over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Im sure its a great job if you enjoy having doors slammed in your face or being told to F off every 5 mins.

I doubt many people would buy anything from someone knocking on their door tbh.

shockwave wrote: »
    Im sure its a great job if you enjoy having doors slammed in your face or being told to F off every 5 mins.

I doubt many people would buy anything from someone knocking on their door tbh.
    depends on what there selling really, what gets on my nerves is the fact a person calling to your door is looking for your bank details!!! thats a NO!! NO!! in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I'm so sick of people trying to sell me stuff and bothering me when I'm at home, I simply don't answer the front door anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

deiselad12 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I am currently unemployed and have an interview for job during the week doing D2D sales for vodafone residential ,I have previous sales experience in that area but not D2D .Just wondering has anyone tried this before with vodafone or some other company and can you make a descent wage doing it ?The wage on offer is 19K basic and then bonus on top .Any experience or comments welcomed please ?

Rgds

Deiselad12
    as others said Avoid! its tough work and its not the people at the doors that are the problem they're very nice. If you do some research UPC are simply a better deal all round. Waterford city is dominated with them and those who won't leave eircom. The only places to sell are outside the city in kilmeaden Tramore slieverue etc. I did it for 3 days and quit. when I was in Tramore i discovered Vodaphone had their own people doing d2d as well and i was following in their footsteps. Also i never got paid. I had spent 2 days in Dublin training and when I quit they told me my wages only covered the training. So i lost money because the likes of the petrol allowance only kicks in after you earn a certain amount. Sorry for being so so negative but I hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    as others said Avoid! its tough work and its not the people at the doors that are the problem they're very nice. If you do some research UPC are simply a better deal all round. Waterford city is dominated with them and those who won't leave eircom. The only places to sell are outside the city in kilmeaden Tramore slieverue etc. I did it for 3 days and quit. when I was in Tramore i discovered Vodaphone had their own people doing d2d as well and i was following in their footsteps. Also i never got paid. I had spent 2 days in Dublin training and when I quit they told me my wages only covered the training. So i lost money because the likes of the petrol allowance only kicks in after you earn a certain amount. Sorry for being so so negative but I hope this helps.
    your right to warn him though and anyone ya can about your losses!!! also OP where did you see the job advert???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I did it for a week. They make it sound so good, so lucrative. I'm guessing they have people involved in the company bringing you around on your first day (if they do that) to make it sound better than it is. The lad i was with (this was back in 2002) was telling me about his fancy car and the expensive suits he wears, etc. Real appealing to a 19 year old!

Reality = People will rarely open the door, and when they do you can see the hatred in their eyes! I was told that if i only got 5 sign ups a day (was telephony based) i would be rolling in the dough. Again, reality = lucky to get 5 in a week. People are not going to change for a number of reasons, most likely already in contract with someone.

Do it, try and earn some money, but keep applying for other jobs. D2D i imagine has a crazy turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Asia

Hello there, my husband just got the second interview at FMI in Dundrum. I read so many bad comments about door to door jobs.. We have a small family and I would need some kind of security and they also work crazy hours.. He tells me they are better than other companies.. It's still the same door to door sale job.. The basic salary is pretty bad.. are they really any better? Thanks a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 rupert999

done an interview,got second round with a place in cork doing airtricity,was promised three day all expense trip to meet vodafone on third interview if i do well ill placed in office in 4mths on a marketing internship,,second intervierw wasnt much but hearing people screaming was thinking wolf of wall street cos loud music being played in same office...all these guys came out looking so professional,suit ties and i was thinking jackpot a google office...nope 5 people to 4 cars with sat navs covering estates....i wasnt ashamed to do it...was told all were on commision,35€ per sale and all making around 600€ a week....what got me was guy driving had tape around his shoe to keep it together,all lads were smoking rollies had cheap phones and company wouldnt even put petrol in cars.which lads were paying themselves..something odd here if all expenses paid trip to dublin i was thinking.....worked out it was pyramid scheme of sorts never heard it,"you do well on turf you monitior a new one in different area?your going to be working damn hard to make ends meet id go for a job in telesales or even worst come to shove from checking every week TESCOS mate,at least their youll get time and half and if u do well as ive seen with alot of people fULL time without degrees youll be manager in three years or floating tills at least...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I did it with CPM for eircom and Sky. No regrets. Got paid a decent salary and Sky paid commission on most sales. Targets are of course ridiculous and generally very hard to achieve. Did it for 8 months in total and found it a wealth of experience. A lot of sales companies take you on short term and replace you after a few months when you burn out.

It's not for everybody and I wouldn't blame people for saying they didn't like it. 99% of people on the doors are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

These d2d jobs are crap they p
    make u think suring interview its the bezt thing since sliced bread and u will make 1000 a week dump u in a housing estate that been battered by everybody tell u its a great job with great prospects run mate run a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whats the story with people resurrecting the dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whats the story with people resurrecting the dead!

yea and i just spent the last couple of mins readin a 4 year old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

yea and i just spent the last couple of mins readin a 4 year old thread

He he didnt realise twas that old my bad

Advertisement