Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moustache horrors

• 01-07-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Does anybody have any tips on the best way to deal with a burgeoning moustache?:eek:

Its really only at the outer corners, but its undeniable that there is a kind of line there more visible with darker hairs at the corners.

Very reluctant to go the shaving, plucking and waxing route.

But I will do whatever is necessary.

Is bleaching best? If so, what brand/type?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Just to let you all know. I am not going to tolerate any jokes about being a man for this.

This thread has already been moved to Facial hats and hair or whatever they are called in the Gentleman's thread by Twee. So, if this is going to end up in some kind of piss take of how I am turning into a man I would rather this thread closed now.

Again I will clarify that I am female

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lizerb23

Badhb wrote: »
    Does anybody have any tips on the best way to deal with a burgeoning moustache?:eek:

Its really only at the outer corners, but its undeniable that there is a kind of line there more visible with darker hairs at the corners.

Very reluctant to go the shaving, plucking and waxing route.

But I will do whatever is necessary.

Is bleaching best? If so, what brand/type?
    Im a beautician and your best not to bleach , it makes it look worse, pluck it or get it waxed, dont worry millions of woman get there upper lip waxed and even there chin...its not gonna grow back worse if u get it waxed or pluck, but if u really dont wanna, then jolen is the best bleach product out there, but if u wear make up even when you bleach it will go darker when make up is on it, but give it a go and see how u get on.. it might be for you hun..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

lizerb23 wrote: »
    Im a beautician and your best not to bleach , it makes it look worse, pluck it or get it waxed, dont worry millions of woman get there upper lip waxed and even there chin...its not gonna grow back worse if u get it waxed or pluck, but if u really dont wanna, then jolen is the best bleach product out there, but if u wear make up even when you bleach it will go darker when make up is on it, but give it a go and see how u get on.. it might be for you hun..

Thanks for info. I was about to bleach and thinking of jolen.
    Its very slight as it is, maybe I should be grateful for that, but was aware that after I applied make up it was even more visible. Good to know that bleaching would not solve that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I have PCOS and excess body hair is one of the many lovely symptoms to deal with :o I find waxing is the handiest for getting rid of the oul mustache, as it's quick and lasts for a good while. I haven't noticed any extra regrowth from waxing, if anything there's less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I would say bleach, try Boots own brand one, easier to use than the Joelen. I wouldn't wax my face ever personally as it can stimulate the growth there, in face I was in a beauticians once and the girl in the next cubicle was getting her upper lip waxed and the therapist said that in about 50% of cases it can increase hair. If you want a permanent solution you could try electrolysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I have the same problem as you and I use Veet hair removal/depilatory cream. It's so handy because there's no pain and it completely gets rid of it. I do it about once a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

tigerblob wrote: »
    I have the same problem as you and I use Veet hair removal/depilatory cream. It's so handy because there's no pain and it completely gets rid of it. I do it about once a week.

Do you not get left with little stubble or at least hairs you can feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Have you considered threading ? It would be a lot less harsh on your skin then waxing, its become popular over last few years, a friend of mine has very dark hair, half romanian and gets the odd few hairs on her upper lip and gets it threaded and hasnt noticed any increase in growth, a good few salons in the city offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Roselm wrote: »
    Do you not get left with little stubble or at least hairs you can feel?

Not at all, should I? I pluck my eyebrows and the stubble on them is much worse than my Veeted upper lip. When it grows back it's completely smooth as if it were waxed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement