Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

solar pane controller

• 01-07-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, went to turn on the emersion and noticed that the lcd display was flashing a warning sign(!) and that the temp in the top of the tank was 110c. We have had no sun today and heating hasn't been on. Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

horatio1 wrote: »
    Hi, went to turn on the emersion and noticed that the lcd display was flashing a warning sign(!) and that the temp in the top of the tank was 110c. We have had no sun today and heating hasn't been on. Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks
    Was the top of the cylinder actually 110 degrees? I hope not - on an open vented system, it would boil at 100 and on an unvented system, the relief valve should have been discharging the cylinder.

So that would leave it down to the probe, or the controller being wrong. Has it changed since?

If you can read the resistance on the probe and post it here, along with more info on the controller, there should be someone who can let you know if that tallies or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 horatio1

Hi Quentin, not a D.I.Y bone in my body .How would i find the probe and check the resistance? It is still reading the same but the tank is definitely not 110 degrees we have no hot water. the model is an sr868c8 , plumber got it from heat merchants. Put it into google and it came up as the maker being sunpeak usa.I can find the users manual on line but dont really know what im looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Afraid you might be looking for an electrician or a good DIY enthusiast.

The controller measures temperature by measuring the resistance of probes with a resistor that varies with temperature. I would try swapping the wires from the two tank probes to see if it changes to reading the bottom of the cylinder at 110. If it does, then the fault is in the probe, if not it may be in the controller.

This controller uses an unusual set of probes - the ones in the cylinder may be different to the one used for the panel. The controller is supposed to detect a faulty probe by giving a symbol, but it is interesting that it is showing 110 degrees, as that is the maximum temperature.

Advertisement