Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September 12th looms...

Options
  • 01-07-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hey,
    I was just wondering when all of you get your results? :D
    I mean I know we all get them on the 13th of September and stuff but like what time do you get them? I think my school does it proper unfairly, we have to go into school and wait till half 3 to get them. Then we get them we are told to leave, not to hang around and not to interrupt classes to tell teachers whatcha got etc
    I dunno I just think its a bit unfair to be honest, I dont think its right to make us sit anxiously for the whole day like Im already freaking out about the results!
    What do you think? :):)
    Also, When do you get yours? Whta happens? Do you get stuff after? By stuff I mean, my friends school gets there results at half 9 and then they are given tea/coffee etc :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ours will get them just before 'small break' in the morning and be gone before all the other classes come down - at least that's what we've done for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Dreading it now.

I wish I could get them beforehand online so it wouldn't be such a shock...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Seriously, if it's a shock, it's unlikely to be a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xfabgalx

I think when school's over. or lunch. or last two classes. I don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

I honestly don't know. If I can though, I'm going to wait until I get home so I can open them on my own. I'm liable to pleasc amach crying, whether it be good or bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I heard if you had someone in the teaching business they can look at the results for you earlier
    Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

In my school the results are given at about 1. The rest of the school has a half day and gets off at like 12.30. :) I don't know exactly what happens at 1 but I know the teachers are there with the students :)

I heard if you had someone in the teaching business they can look at the results for you earlier
    Is this true?

No, unless you mean someone teaching in your school.

The results come in in a big envelope and three or four teachers look through them to check they look alright - no results for Spanish and German when French is the language in the school etc.. They aren't really 'seeing' the results as such, just scanning them. Of course they might remember one or two surprise results, but they are not really looking at the results.

If they seem to be OK, they are then photocopied for the school files, put into envelopes and got ready for the students.
    Depending on numbers of candidates, the above can take an hour or so.

What usually goes into the staff room is the sheet with the breakdown of results which shows the grades for each subject, without names on it, so teachers can quickly check how their class got on.

I think anyone in SEC Athlone who tried to look up someone's results early would get into a lot of trouble.

Im not in Athlone so thats grand ha :)
    Alright just one of my friends was going on about a friend of her brother/sister or something that could do it and I was like Ooh?
    Oh god Im evenmore worried but thanks very much Sprurious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

We get ours at 11.I'm surprised I'm nervous at all,maybe I'm coming to my senses ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Kmgirl

We get the day of the junior cert results off but we have to go into school the day after. We have to ring the school for the results or else wait until they are put up on the SEC website.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Don't we get the results on the 12th ? Because that's what my school calendar says... And in mine we get them around 1pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I actually have no idea when I get mine... Um...

Im nearly 100% its the 13th x

Im nearly 100% its the 13th x
    It is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I'll hate going into the school because everyone will be like "whatdya get" and looking over my shoulder and shooting around "Sean got a D in" blah blah blah and I'll have to tell them my results :p I wish I could do it online alone and get the printed copy later.

I'm ****ting bricks about science, if I fail it I will probably have a breakdown, not expecting anything higher than 50% because I did so ****. Other subjects I'll hopefully get a B in, but my parents will always dwel on my one bad result than my 10 good ones :mad:

Hmm.. Don't know anymore tbh but I also remember my friend showing me the letter from the sec with the pin for the online service and it said about them being available from the 12th at some time.. I'll have a look at that again..

Really wonder what I'm going to get in science and home ec lads .. Left 40 mins into the exam :D

Every day I get this horrible feeling in my stomach! Once Ive got a few A's il be delighted :O

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Seriously guys enjoy your summer and get your heads out of here until Sept 13th!

Enjoy your break! No point in worrying constantly about the results, and being somewhat fixated about them.

Time to relax, you've done the hard work... :cool:

hey again guys! found the picture of my friends letter which clearly states we're getting the results on the 12th :)

• Advertisement

I beg your pardon. You're correct.
    It's always a Wednesday.
    I'll change the thread title.

Thanks for that.

:)

Advertisement