Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of a strange one, TVs have started hissing.

Options
  • 01-07-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

As per title, my Panasonic lcd TV started to hiss very noticeably tonight. I was watching it at the time. I assumed it had developed a fault, and moved down a smaller lcd from upstairs. But that TV also hisses!

Bit mystified at this. I have tried off multiple sockets upstairs and downstairs and the hiss remains. It is definitely from the TVs and occurs even when the power cable is the only thing connected to the TVs.

I have my doubts about the electrics in this house, as some other strange things happen, including the mains operated smoke alarms beeping briefly about 20 minutes after the grill is turned off.

I thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone has any ideas as to what could cause this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Probably test or have the voltage tested, could be a problem with that or with a bad connection in the MCB board if its happening with 2 different tv`s.

You could try plugging the tv in in a neighbours house to see if its happening there.

Advertisement