Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I never thought I'd side with Rupert Murdoch but...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Oh God Biggins, not today as well.

Can't you just call Tom Cruise gay again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

brummytom wrote: »

:pac:

:p

This is about an old duffer with too much money and power.
    Never thought I'd agree with something he says! :D

I'll go stand in the corner now! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Biggins wrote: »
    :pac:

:p

This is about an old duffer with too much money and power.
    Never thought I'd agree with something he says! :D

Lets see...you are currently looking for work in media and it's either cozing up to Murdoch with this thread, or prostitution.

(BTW, Murdoch is the baddy in MacGyver. I have never forgotten that!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Biggins I got somebody just as interesting for you to follow

https://twitter.com/#!/PigeonJon

"My Name's Jon and I'm a ****ing pigeon."

Thank me later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Red Hand wrote: »
    (BTW, Murdoch is the baddy in MacGyver. I have never forgotten that!)

Was that after he left the A-Team?

CavanCrew wrote: »
    Biggins I got somebody just as interesting for you to follow

https://twitter.com/#!/PigeonJon

"My Name's Jon and I'm a ****ing pigeon."

Thank me later.

I'll do it now! :D

Hope to be busy with the wifey later! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Biggins wrote: »
    I'll do it now! :D

Hope to be busy with the wifey later! ;)

I think I just vomited a little in my mouth :(

Pantsface wrote: »

Cheers. Its a great detailed article.
    Amazing what lengths the cult will go to!
    Scientology leader Miscavige, for help in finding a new wife. The diminutive church boss, who has a notoriously volcanic temper, became irritated with constant calls from Tom. As the head of a multibillion-dollar operation, he felt it was below him to be seeking out women for the Hollywood star. He deputized his wife, Shelly, to take over the task.

The first girl she chose seemed ideal. She was a Sea Org member, that is to say committed to working full time for Scientology. The girl found herself “running into” Cruise, all the while thinking she was auditioning for a part in a movie. She dated Cruise a couple of times but then asked Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis, the son of actress Anne Archer, if she was being deliberately “set up.”

Her reward was to be told by Davis on Cruise’s behalf that the relationship was over. Then, according to friends, she was sent to a top security Scientology base and forced to scrub public bathroom floors with a toothbrush as punishment for messing up her assignment.

The last paragraph does not shock me - even though it should - I've read and heard direct accounts from ex-members before.

By the way did you know Jamie DeWolf (great-grandson of L. Ron Hubbard), Gerry Armstrong and Tory 'ToryMagoo44' Christman was in Dublin yesterday and today?
    Out protesting en-mass with a usual protesting group.

Jamie:
    Jamie’s mother and ex-girlfriend have been visited by Scientology agents asking about his references to Scientology in his poetry. As he put in his own words – “In high school, a psychiatrist asked me if I had a history of mental illness in my family. I had to say…YES!”

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Scientology has nothing on Rupert Murdoch's media empire as far as cults go. That's one of the world's most dangerous cults. Scientology can be dealt with, but peddle-pushing propaganda machines, and the cult that follow them are much more difficult to tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

brummytom wrote: »

You said that before Biggins? How did I miss that? :pac:

dlofnep wrote: »
    Scientology has nothing on Rupert Murdoch's media empire as far as cults go. That's one of the world's most dangerous cults. Scientology can be dealt with, but peddle-pushing propaganda machines, and the cult that follow them are much more difficult to tackle.

Well the Scientology lot probably learned a lot from Murdochs methods I suspect! :(

Edit: You'd think journal.ie would give me credit for posting this item?
    An hour after I post about something buried in the Huffington Post with links:

http://www.thejournal.ie/rupert-murdoch-scientology-twitter-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-506464-Jul2012/

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Ya scientology are a wierd cult,they even have a town in america devoted to all scientology followers,there was a documentary done about it some years ago,and people(the followers and the peddlers of that cult)even followed journalists around in jeeps and were ringing on their mobiles..I found that to be scary..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dlofnep wrote: »

I heard someone calling Murdoch a cult, or I think that's what they said.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

What perks up my interest Biggins is this tweet (that you quoted):

It's intriguing that Murdoch sees himself as someone who sits back and watches stories develop in the media.....rather than actively pursuing and managing how they are treated. Perhaps I'm overestimating his role in actually manipulating stories....I've believed the anti-Murdoch hype.

PS - yes - scientologists - mad as a bag of scientologists

Advertisement