Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to UB debit card for holidays

Options
  • 01-07-2012 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

km79 wrote: »
    Coriander wrote: »
    This has probably been asked and answered before but I'm just too frustrated at this stage to go back through 117 pages of the thread - if I lodge cash to my UB current account will I be able to use my debit card again? All I can see online is an incorrect overdrawn balance amount since my salary went walkabout on June 22nd.
    Not a hope . Lodgements are not being processed. Keep your money. Lucky to have it !!!

Was afraid of that! Going on holidays and didn't want to be carrying cash with me. Getting rid of credit card a few years back suddenly seems like a really bad move :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

Coriander wrote: »
    Was afraid of that! Going on holidays and didn't want to be carrying cash with me. Getting rid of credit card a few years back suddenly seems like a really bad move :(

could you get a prepay credit card like o2 card? do they work abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

danois wrote: »

Think I'll give it a try anyway or else get an ATM card from one of the other banks (after I finish queuing in the motor tax office to pay the car tax that I usually pay online!)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

danois wrote: »

Travellers' cheques? Do they still exist? I've only used the "3v" prepaid credit cards and I'm not certain but I think they can only be topped up in person, in cash, in Ireland (that might have changed though). They used to have a top-up limit of 300 euros, which might be more significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Split from the UB thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    Travellers' cheques? Do they still exist? I've only used the "3v" prepaid credit cards and I'm not certain but I think they can only be topped up in person, in cash, in Ireland (that might have changed though). They used to have a top-up limit of 300 euros, which might be more significant.

Apparently (after googling) traveller's cheques aren't available anymore in Ireland. Don't know how true this is but will be finding out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement