Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Here's a suggestion; maybe they should close all branches for 2 days to clear the backlog and fix the issue. The way it is the long branch opening and all weekend branch access is making the eventual fix worse.

If it fixed things for most people quicker, that would have my vote alright.
    Provided they did it in a managed fashion: communicated it properly, kept - I dunno - 5% of branches open for super-emergency funds access or whatever but closed the rest, yep, I could live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

dee. wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a UB visa debit card? Are online purchases working for you?

My card is working fine - nothing showing on my on-line banking though - so important to keep receipts to keep track, I guess.

I'm one of the lucky ones who got paid on the 28th, but no SO's have left the account (my mortgage SO has not been paid to AIB), I don't know about DD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 frankie123

went in today because money had been taken from my account and i wanted to know who took it. i dont recall owing money out.

needless to say they couldnt tell me because 'their systems were down'.

its beyond a farca at this stage. i will keep my account with them but wont have any money in it, im moving to BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    If it fixed things for most people quicker, that would have my vote alright.
    Provided they did it in a managed fashion: communicated it properly, kept - I dunno - 5% of branches open for super-emergency funds access or whatever but closed the rest, yep, I could live with that.

Exactly, proper descriptive communication not waffle and apologies (reminds me of the HR spoof I used get at the end of the year justifying no pay rise and more work; I hear your pain BUT). However you can see management got caught out on the cheap outsourcing route and are now trying everything except taking responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

mortage seemd to thru to another bank ok

also one account is showing week ago transaactions - so its slowlyy getting there

im still kicking these mother fc*kers to touch after this though .

i have a feeling this is what they want though - to get out of ireland .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Thanks, I will watch for what DDs show up but still contact all of them to let them know

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Iteration1

chasm wrote: »
    Didn't learn anything new from the IT expert on RTE news who was explaining the UB issue. RTE just referred to him as an IT Expert but he is actually IT service manager at the central bank. I can honestly say i've learnt more from this forum than i did from that segment on the news!
    Just to correct you he is not the service manager for the Central Bank. He was for about 6 months, but is no longer linked to them at all. Not sure why he was being asked to speak on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Got my wages diverted to a different account today, but too late for this week. I can't imagine they'll be in anywhere near on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

PTSB were paid
    Meteor x 2 phones were paid
    Vodafone Landline was paid

so I can only assume that the upcoming DDs including Mortgage on Friday WILL be paid as well in good faith.

Next week though there is a Standing order due to go out to the BOI. I have no idea if standing orders are safe. I must ring the credit union in the morning to see if they got my standing order. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just be VERY careful that those items stay paid.

Direct Debits are usually presented to the bank by the originator and the account is assumed to be paid on their systems.

If the bank declines it, it can come back to the originator a few days later. So, just keep a very close eye on any accounts and don't assume anything for about 5 days from payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Beer Baron wrote: »
    PTSB were paid
    Meteor x 2 phones were paid
    Vodafone Landline was paid

so I can only assume that the upcoming DDs including Mortgage on Friday WILL be paid as well in good faith.

Next week though there is a Standing order due to go out to the BOI. I have no idea if standing orders are safe. I must ring the credit union in the morning to see if they got my standing order. :confused:

I rang my local CU this afternoon and they did not get the one from the 22nd or the 29th.

Solair wrote: »
    Just be VERY careful that those items stay paid.

Direct Debits are usually presented to the bank by the originator and the account is assumed to be paid on their systems.

If the bank declines it, it can come back to the originator a few days later. So, just keep a very close eye on any accounts and don't assume anything for about 5 days from payment.

I specifically asked those questions because I was told this by PTSB this morning first. Meteor and Vodafone both said "It was sent for and returned the same day" and Meteor at least said "Most Ulster Bank Customers payments appear to be coming through fine"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Where the hell is the Governments voice in all of this. When the household charge was announced you couldnt get them off the news but when the ordinary persn is been f ucked over they are nowhere to be seen. The same applies to the opposition I would have thought that they would have been more vocal in all this.

The Oireachtas Committee have called the Central Bank and Financial regaultor in tomorrow but you may as well ask my dead grandmother for all the good it would do.

I'm on holidays next week but thank god I'm not leaving the country so at least I might be near an Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭barefoot

Has anyone noticed changes to the first page on login for Ulster Bank internet banking. They are asking customers to give email address and other details....Don't they already have these details....????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    Oh I don't know. I mean - taking him at face value - he and/or the segment overall corroborated (or appeared to corroborate - only UB know for sure) some of the speculations or assumptions that have taken place on this board.
    1. Ulster Bank does indeed come last in the 'fix order' but as a result of the way the systems were tied together during acquisition/back in the day, rather than a conscious or deliberate decision to de-prioritise those customers.
    2. The restoration requires an element at least of manual reconcilliation over and above just the manual withdrawals taking place in branch.
    3. The rate of new transactions coming in while they attempt to solve the issue is compounding it (20 million! :eek: ).
    4. Ulster Bank now have (acc. to the News segment, not the IT guy) no ETA for when the problems will be fixed.

That at least is what I took away from the piece.

I knew all that already though as most of it was here:
    http://group.ulsterbank.com/media/press-releases/republic-of-ireland/2012/02-07-12.ashx
    So i didn't learn anything new;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

barefoot wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed changes to the first page on login for Ulster Bank internet banking. They are asking customers to give email address and other details....Don't they already have these details....????

Nope my screen is the usual asking me to type in my customer number

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Just logged in and not been asked for any of these, check that your not on a phising site. Did you click on a link in an email? Is there a padlock symbol to the left of the address? If not do not enter details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Not being asked for those details on mine

This is what I get after log in
    We have made steady progress through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group. We know this continued disruption is unacceptable and we are doing all we can to help our customers. For the latest information please visit Help

Please remember, we will never contact you and ask you to provide your full PIN and Password. If you are ever asked for these details, please contact us.

Thank you for your patience.

• Advertisement

swampy353 wrote: »
    Just logged in and not been asked for any of these, check that your not on a phising site. Did you click on a link in an email? Is there a padlock symbol to the left of the address? If not do not enter details
    I keyed in my customer number and on second page where I usually key in my pin and password ...they ask for details of email etc. I just came out of it. I'm in Belfast so I'm on the UK site but I have never seen that before....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nikkime

I'm with PTSB and haven't received my welfare in the last two weeks (I get it paid directly into my account) - I called up my bank and the girl told me ULSTER BANK process all the welfare payments, thats why theres a delay - does anyone know if this is true or not?? Because I just read on the welfare.ie site people with other banks wont be affected...!!??

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bluecats

chasm wrote: »
    Not being asked for those details on mine

Me neither, that doesn't sound right to me.

Something is not right..... that page was never there before .....I was on the bank site itself..I didn't get an email or click on a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

I'm waiting since last Monday for the my expenses, which I use to pay my rent, to clear into my BOI account, as it is being paid through UB. Getting annoying now at this stage! Good thing my landlord is sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bluecats

If I transfer money from my savings account to my current account, will I be able to withdraw it in Branch? Or will they have no record of it moving?

Would I be better off trying to withdraw in Branch from the 'savings deposit account?
    I have been wondering the same thing, did you try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

nikkime wrote: »
    I'm with PTSB and haven't received my welfare in the last two weeks (I get it paid directly into my account) - I called up my bank and the girl told me ULSTER BANK process all the welfare payments, thats why theres a delay - does anyone know if this is true or not?? Because I just read on the welfare.ie site people with other banks wont be affected...!!??

:(

Did you contact Social Welfare? The site says its only those with Ulster Bank accounts so maybe there is some other reason you haven't received your payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Solair wrote: »
    Why is the media taking their PR line at face value???
    Because they are DICKS and have learned nothing from the Celtic tiger bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cootehill

Have had no movement on my acc now since 21st june so finally bit the bullet and called a distant relative who works along with matthew elderfield and from the little he could tell me it seems the software mess up happened on the process batch run for UB. Sorry if i have the tech terms wrong.Seems thats why RBS and Natwest have been sorted and we are nowhere close and they cant get the batch to run right as cant find where it happened.
    Make sense to anybody? All i know is i want mine and my wifes wages!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 nikkime

Did you contact Social Welfare? The site says its only those with Ulster Bank accounts so maybe there is some other reason you haven't received your payment?

No, I'll do it tomorrow though - its just I read on a few msg boards people in other banks were not receiving their welfare payments either...so I thought it would just be a few days ....

Also UlsterBank had this on their site a few days ago:

I am not a customer of Ulster Bank but my salary or welfare payment was impacted by this incident. What can I do?

We have been working with all the other banks to ensure that customers are not financially impacted. Please contact your bank in the first instance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement