Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Posting this here as I imagine Ulster Bank staff are keeping a close eye on this thread. Just found a fake Ulster Bank Twitter account here. I imagine this isn't a genuine twitter account as it's not the one on their service update page, so don't go tweeting your details to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

anytime banking back up and ruuning for me, with no updates to my accounts. I wasn't expecting any mickey money though, so hopefully people that are expecting will receive!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Ulsterbank Bankline is up, but showing 21st June.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Well, this morning's developments (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/no-end-in-sight-to-ulster-bank-problems-causing-chaos-for-customers-3155621.html) while not unexpected ("it will be fixed next week" when "next week" includes the 1st day of a new month and new quarter? Oh Rly?), have eroded what confidence I had in the ability of RBS/UB to throw enough resources at the issue to fix it in anything approximating a timely manner.

I am now concerned for my next month's paycheck, due on the 23rd of this month and will be setting up an account with a different bank and changing my pay path accordingly.

As for my missing paycheck of the 22nd of last month. I am semi-resigned to a worst case scenario where the bank deposit guarantee becomes activated (in whole or in part, for example as a response from the Govt to the crisis) and I must wait until I can prove how much money I had with them [left, after making in branch withdrawls] and then wait again from that point for a cheque from the government.

I really, really hope it does not come to this. For the simple reasons that this scenario is not good for anyone and that ultimately, it is me and you and all the other taxpayers that pay for any activation of the deposit guarantee, so it is more like lose-lose than win-win or "I'm alright Jack".

Infinitely depressing and worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Ulster Bank online back up, but no change visable on my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Internet banking was down for me but now working again, no updates to my account though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Coriander

Mark my words, this will go on for months.

People will get charged, fined, whatever. They will reclaim any that are not automatically sorted but it will take months.

Remember I said that.

I will and agree completely - I was told by a friend working in my UB branch that they expect the fallout to last at least three months :(. She also said that each customer will have to claim individually for any losses arising from unpaid charges. I immediately opened a new account in the AIB.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can anything be done if you have no proof of what money has been lodged? Myself and the OH are heading away the end of this week, and we have €50 to our names until this is sorted. There's been lodgements of a few thousand gone in over the last weeks, but obviously haven't appeared. If we can't go, I assume we can claim holiday cost back from UB?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

Ulsterbank Bankline is up, but showing 21st June.

not for me was due wages on 21st and 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

thomasj wrote: »
    I'm able to login to the mobile app again!

No progress! :(

Same here. I'm now missing 6 weeks wages as I changed jobs when this fiasco started... so my last month's wages didn't come through on the 21st (and I still have no payslip for that from my previous company) and didn't get paid the 2 first weeks from the new company on Friday... My wife is also now missing 2 weeks wages so it's getting beyond ridiculous. CC meant to be paid by the 11th too but at least it's with Ulster, so if they do charge interest, there'll be war about it.

And even though I've been avoiding using my Visa Debit since this mess started, I also have a €100 duplicate ATM transaction reducing the little I have left in my account... Not excited about it, but going to be going to PTSB - there are no words to describe Ulster's incompetence in this.

• Advertisement

Can anyone offer me advice. I tried to purchase something online and the transaction failed. I contacted the retailer who said the money was not taken and my bank should put it back in my account within a few days, this has not happened. Is there any way I can get Ulster Bank to release that money?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭irishgeo

This could be the end for Ulster Bank, it won't recover from a PR disaster this big.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Not much movement but have just noticed a SO which should have gone from one UB to another on the 25th come into the receiving account dated 3rd July but nothing showing on the sending account since the 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

dee. wrote: »
    Can anyone offer me advice. I tried to purchase something online and the transaction failed. I contacted the retailer who said the money was not taken and my bank should put it back in my account within a few days, this has not happened. Is there any way I can get Ulster Bank to release that money?

From personal experience, it's taken them up to 10 days to release that money again...and that wasn't in the middle of a disaster like this

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

antodeco wrote: »
    Can anything be done if you have no proof of what money has been lodged? Myself and the OH are heading away the end of this week, and we have €50 to our names until this is sorted. There's been lodgements of a few thousand gone in over the last weeks, but obviously haven't appeared. If we can't go, I assume we can claim holiday cost back from UB?

I know it is a pain but go and see the manager in your branch. If they think they are going to be hit with the cost of a holiday I am sure they will do everything in their power to help you out!

From personal experience, it's taken them up to 10 days to release that money again...and that wasn't in the middle of a disaster like this

Yeah I know, it has taken 7-10 days in the past for me, but I really need it so I was wondering if there was any way to speed it up since its likely to be even longer than 10 days with all the transactions they have to sort through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

There is 200 euro lodged into my account Wednesday 20th and another 150 euro on the following monday, I'm over in America and need the money for rent, it still hasn't shown in my account obviously, anyone have any ideas of a way I could get them to give back the lodged money?

Are over the counter lodgements given lowest priority?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Why are people not switching banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

antodeco wrote: »

If you've got proof of those lodgements having been sent I'm sure UB will advance you the cash. Can you not get somethnig from whoever has lodged the funds? They may give you some cash without it.

TBH, I'd imagine that they'd contest a claim for the vlaue of the holiday, especially if you haven't at least gone into a branch and tried to get it sorted beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Bambi wrote: »

Because it wouldn't do anything to get the money I'm waiting on to me any quicker. I think all the banks are equally at risk of having something like this happen to them and I'll be judging them on how they deal with the repercussions once everything is up and running.

That said, I am finding out from my HR when I'd need to advise them of a change of bank details ahead of my July payday and will then work out when I'd need to set up a bank account elsewhere by in order to meet that date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Need. wages. now. please.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

as of the latest update "we don't know when it will be fixed maybe a few more weeks", i'm off to ptsb
    Step 3 - We'll set up your standing orders & direct debits

Our dedicated Switcher Team will receive a list of standing orders and direct debits on your old bank account and these companies will be informed of your new account details. We'll call you once your switching process is completed and check that everything is set up correctly.

You will also receive a copy of this list from your old bank. Please check this carefully and let us know if any changes are required.

Should you hold a Direct Debit with any companies outside the State you should contact these companies and inform them of your new account details also.
    Step 4 - We'll help you let people know about your switch

You can inform your employer of your new account details by completing a Salary Transfer Request Form. You can also re-direct any other regular payments into your new account e.g. child benefit, share dividends etc. We will provide you with all the forms you need.

i'll keep my old accounts and i still have 2 credit cards with UB but salary is getting redirected anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There is 200 euro lodged into my account Wednesday 20th and another 150 euro on the following monday, I'm over in America and need the money for rent, it still hasn't shown in my account obviously, anyone have any ideas of a way I could get them to give back the lodged money?

Give them a call, and ask for money transferred via Western Union. Someone else pages ago was offered this by UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

AFAIK over the counter lodgements are paper only. They're currently not even being looked at.

Same day transfers seem to be going through, from what other posters have said.

If you have a stamped lodgement slip you may be able to re-withdraw it at a branch and get someone to transfer it in or Western Union it over to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Has anyone lodged money this week and had it appear on their balance?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

People are switching, more and more everyday i suppose...
    The only problem now is to get money out of Ulster Bank...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I lodged money on the 20th of June, and i never got a paper receipt.

If im moving banks and want to get all my money out, what can i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

€30 transferred from AIB account to my UB a/c yesterday reached my a/c today. Still waiting on salary from two weeks ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

I have had one lot of wages and fis show up in my account. Cant see if the second ones are in wont let me see full statement anymore Both dates june 26th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

If what I just heard from an UB employee is anywhere near true, then we're not talking days or even weeks before things are back to normal.

We're looking at 3 months.

Its that bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement