Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Vicxas wrote: »
    I lodged money on the 20th of June, and i never got a paper receipt.

If im moving banks and want to get all my money out, what can i do?

Panic:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

wonski wrote: »
    People are switching, more and more everyday i suppose...
    The only problem now is to get money out of Ulster Bank...

Truer words never spoken.
    I know someone setup a poll to see who had gotten paid, is there one to see, in light of today's information, how many have made the decision to switch banks before their next pay period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

try to figure out how much you have with UB.

go into several different branches with payslip, ID, acc details and withdraw cash at all of them amounting to the sum you have on deposit with them.

I read of another poster doing this a few pages back.

the whole situation is beyond a joke at this stage.

my account is still overdrawn and showing multiple duplicate transactions.

plenty of debits, but no credits since 21st!

their most recent update says ' we are committed to keeping you updated' - what a joke. all they do is change the time and date of the update regularly. the details remain the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IrishSaint83

I had two transactions refunded to my debit card on 25/06 and one on 26/06. I still have not received these, the balance on my account is now zero and the balance in my wallet is less than €1. Rang anytime banking and they said that unless I have proof of the return of funds to my debit, I would not be able to get cash. The 3 transactions were all online, I printed out the pages but they only show the last 4 digits of the card and the girl in anytime said that they may or may not accept it and that I would have to go to a Branch. Any ideas from anyone, I dont want to waste my day going to a Branch to be rejected, but I need cash and tesco beans are really starting to become sickening...........

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Domhnall66 wrote: »
    I know someone setup a poll to see who had gotten paid, is there one to see, in light of today's information, how many have made the decision to switch banks before their next pay period?

+1 Poll is needed for Are you Switching or Staying :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 bluecats

Any one else get paid today, I got my weeks wage for week ending 22/06/12 - i'm still waiting for last weeks pay though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Just checked my a/c thrugh the UB app and my salary has been credited ! It wasn't there an hour ago. So progress is being made and it also seems it doesn't need an overnight update to be credited.

The salary was credited with a date of 26th June (should've been 21st).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

What I find baffling is that they are still spinning the story and sending out people who clearly do not understand the technicalities of what is happening.

Their customers, and members of the public and the media are not all IT-illiterate old grannies. Many of us have a fair idea of how these systems ought to work and the kind of turn around times that one would expect in a disaster-recovery situation like this.

They are doing themselves a huge amount of damage by failing to be totally transparent about this and explaining, IN DETAIL, what exactly has gone wrong. Failure to do so is leading to a lot of speculation and a lot of people assuming that things are extremely bad.

Ulster Bank need to send one of their IT people (assuming they still have any!) out to do some interviews and authorise them to be quite detailed about what has gone wrong.

All this vague, spun, PR is just coming across like they are trying to hide something or that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

They need to start treating their customers and the general public with a bit more respect than expecting them to swallow this vague nonsense.

Nothing about banking infrastructure is particularly top-secret and nobody's expecting them to reveal anything that could leave them open to security risks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

€105 extra on my balance since 9am this morning. No idea what this is about.
    Obviously no sign of my salary like everyone else.

I'm wondering, are they running updates, checking them, realising they've made a balls of them and then backing them out?

Not the sort of thing you'd expect to see happening on a production banking database, but the way this thing has been handled, nothing would surprise me.

if we were dicking around like this with the Test system where I work we'd be in trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

my account balance is up by 240 euro since earlier this morning

:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JayO1970

My wife was due her salary on 21st and 28th, the funds due on the 21st, have appeared in the last 30 mins, although dated the 26th, so, it seems, some progress is being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Domhnall66 wrote: »

I was more than patient, and had a lot of understaniging. Having some time off today i will pick up an application pack from PTSB. It takes too long.

How long does it take to have new account up and running (not asking about cards/pins-i know these will bedelayed by post)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 IrishSaint83

I had two transactions refunded to my debit card on 25/06 and one on 26/06. I still have not received these, the balance on my account is now zero and the balance in my wallet is less than €1. Rang anytime banking and they said that unless I have proof of the return of funds to my debit, I would not be able to get cash. The 3 transactions were all online, I printed out the pages but they only show the last 4 digits of the card and the girl in anytime said that they may or may not accept it and that I would have to go to a Branch. Any ideas from anyone, I dont want to waste my day going to a Branch to be rejected, but I need cash and tesco beans are really starting to become sickening...........
    Whoa, literally in last 10 mins, the two 25/06 transactions have appeared. Still no sign of 26/06

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

eigrod wrote: »
    Just checked my a/c thrugh the UB app and my salary has been credited ! It wasn't there an hour ago. So progress is being made and it also seems it doesn't need an overnight update to be credited.

The salary was credited with a date of 26th June (should've been 21st).

Exact same here. One of two salary payments in my account but wrong date on it. Expecting the second one to follow today - can't be that difficult. (:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Yep, I can also see a new debit transaction dated 26th of June, but they still haven't credited my salary due the 25th ... :rolleyes:

wonski wrote: »
    I was more than patient, and had a lot of understaniging. Having some time off today i will pick up an application pack from PTSB. It takes too long.

How long does it take to have new account up and running (not asking about cards/pins-i know these will bedelayed by post)?

10 working days if you switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

There is 200 euro lodged into my account Wednesday 20th and another 150 euro on the following monday, I'm over in America and need the money for rent, it still hasn't shown in my account obviously, anyone have any ideas of a way I could get them to give back the lodged money?

Are over the counter lodgements given lowest priority?

I do international money transfer in my shop. I can send money worldwide in minutes. If you can get someone to send the money to you via an agent, do so. You will have it for pick up in minutes.

I am not touting for business, so will not say who I am. You can use Ria, Western Union or Moneygram.

I dont know where you are in the states, but if you want to pm your location, I can look it up for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My salary from 21st was just shown up on my account. Nothing else has been done but has a date of 26th attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

bluecats wrote: »
    Any one else get paid today, I got my weeks wage for week ending 22/06/12 - i'm still waiting for last weeks pay though...

Yep the 22nd for me has gone through now!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'm the same, was due to receive pay on 21st, it wasn't in my account 10mins ago, just looked there to check after seeing another post and its now in my account dated 26th June.
    This is finally good news, the duplicated transactions are still there as are the bogey transactions I never made....and I'm missing another two payments but all of that aside at least there is progress being made somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Some movement on my account. Unfortunately no salary.

Still quite worrying though that there are duplicate debits on there but sure ill be going in swinging if they arent removed!!

Progress. Unacceptably late, but progress none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Looks like Ulster Bank Anytime web site is down as we'll.

I do not understand how they can automatically track all credits from accounts since this fiasco but HAVE not credited any of my debits to my bank account.

Do they really believe customers are such g*bsh!tes that this is only a computer programme error.

Looks like little ol Irish UB customers funds May have been borrowed to solve their deficit in the UK - problems over there solved in only a couple of days.

I am waiting for the final gong anytime soon. It all smells to high heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

cleared out my account the 2nd day it happened and am very glad i did. switching my pay to go to an aib account now. finished with these muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Im going in with my payslip and expenses receipt and withdrawing everything today. Had patience for the first week but its gettin too scary now. Gona set up an account with someone else quickly so i can get paid my next wages. So long ulster bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just received full salary which was due on the 22nd, (dated 26th), so did everyone who was affected in my office (that's Employer AIB to UB)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

ha! just as i wrote that message ive been paid my expenses from the 20th of june! might hold off changing now for a while!

bluewolf wrote: »
    10 working days if you switch

finally found the direct application time -
    Applying is easy

Kick-start the application process here, it only takes 5 minutes.
    We'll call you back to complete your application and tell you what documents we may need to open your account.
    Once we have approved your application and received all of your documents, we'll open your account within a day and you'll get your bank card in 5 to 6 days.

How are people checking their accounts? The online banking is down for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Receiving transactions now from 21st June, thank christ. Waiting on my salary from 28th June now. Fingers crossed.

Its about time for the wasters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

coach22 wrote: »
    ha! just as i wrote that message ive been paid my expenses from the 20th of june! might hold off changing now for a while!

Why? I'm gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement