Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

deadduck wrote: »
    mobile app down for me too...

back up now, and credits have been applied to both my accounts :)

it's a start

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Or they may have pulled it down to stop people transferring what they have just put in back out to other banks - cynical I know!!!

Oh possibly but I doubt it at this stage. There are knock on effects across the whole sector even if they are not admitting it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

I just got my wages that were due on the 22nd.
    It looks as though they're processing a load of transactions this morning.

They were in my hole going through them for the past week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Heads up to anyone waiting on SW payments from the first week of this mess.... I just got one of the 2 payments I'm owed 15 mind ago...... How long it lasts is anyone's guess but seeing as I pulled all my money out and they don't take it back it will probably sit there till they process the over counter slips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

my account's showing a negative balance now...took s/o's (again so I'm not holding out hope it'll stick) and dd's but no credits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Vicxas wrote: »
    Just got a call off BOI credit services, My Loan DD want paid.

NOW Im mad.

Out of interest, what line did they take with you. Was it a phone call just to let you know? Was it a call to ask you to lodge directly? Was it a bollicking session? Did they pick up that it was from a UB account? (if it was), or was it your money is held up, you were to withdraw it, and lodge it to them.

The banks were supposed to be working together on this. Any bouncing fees, should be cancelled or refunded by UB.

Please reply to this, very interesting scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The problem with something like a bank network is that the various components are usually quite independent of each other.

You've a core transactions processing system which is where the problem at Ulster Bank seems to be. The other systems like Internet Banking, Phone Banking, ATM networks, systems handling debit/credit card transactions, and even the in-branch terminals that the cashiers / tellers use are just clients. If the core system is feeding them error messages or inaccurate / invalid information it can cause even more problems as otherwise healthy parts of the system will start going wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

it's a start

mobile app down again??

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Are the wages going through showing up as transactions on the accounts or has the balance just gone up. My balance has just one up but my account is not showing any payments gone into my account.

:confused::confused:

it's a start

mobile app down again??[/Quote

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Are the wages going through showing up as transactions on the accounts or has the balance just gone up. My balance has just one up but my account is not showing any payments gone into my account.

I see the payment transaction and my balance updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Out of interest, what line did they take with you. Was it a phone call just to let you know? Was it a call to ask you to lodge directly? Was it a bollicking session? Did they pick up that it was from a UB account? (if it was), or was it your money is held up, you were to withdraw it, and lodge it to them.

The banks were supposed to be working together on this. Any bouncing fees, should be cancelled or refunded by UB.

Please reply to this, very interesting scenario.

They left a voicemail bollocking me, when i called in i got a different guy and he was really nice about it. They asked me if i could lodge the money, told them no ive no money.

Told them I was with UB and he completely understood. He left a note on my account stating im with UB. He told me that if its not sorted by next friday to call back in and they'll sort it out.

He did tell me that ive incurred charges, but he said UB will cover them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My direct debits and standing orders are now showing for the 22nd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

So im just off the phone to their customer services about the duplicate debits, and where my lodgement is!

all they said was they cant tell me when it will be processed, just to 'please be patient and not to worry, we will refund you any overlimit charges once the system is back up and running'

that would have been okay a few days into this mess, but almost three weeks on - ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

do people think they will meet their new deadline of the middle of next week?

i myself, am losing faith rapidly in anything they promise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Vicxas wrote: »
    They left a voicemail bollocking me, when i called in i got a different guy and he was really nice about it. They asked me if i could lodge the money, told them no ive no money.

Told them I was with UB and he completely understood. He left a note on my account stating im with UB. He told me that if its not sorted by next friday to call back in and they'll sort it out.

He did tell me that ive incurred charges, but he said UB will cover them.

Mmmmm, so this confirms what is supposed to be happening. I am guessing you got a dipso on a bad day. Ignore the charges. Were you to lodge cash to pay it, or was it a DD from UB that failed.

If it was the former, and you are smashed because your money has gone awol, then they would not have known about the UB connection. Suspect it maybe, but not confirmed until you told them. The note on the account should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I'm waiting on two SW payments, two maintenance payments and child benefit.

I just went to an ATM and one of my SW payments is in so I withdrew it. I wasn't going to leave it to chance to disappear!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

MugMugs wrote: »
    This is my first complaint on this matter.

I still haven't been paid and just had my Visa Debit rejected when buying Diesel. My issue now is getting back to the store to pay for the diesel.

I'm fortunate that the owner was so understanding.

My next worry is how I fill my stomach this evening. I couldn't collect my payslip over the last while so they've posted it to me and as of this morning it still hasn't arrived not that I feel happy handing somebody my payslip anyway.

How in gods name can an automated system be so backed up like they say this is? It just doesn't make sense to me :confused:

Just go to the branch, and request some cash to keep you going...
    Even without payslip they will have to take the risk - it is their fault, not yours. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭davehey79

just got into my account online after a few minutes of SERVICE UNAVAILABLE and low and behold my wages that were due in from 22nd June have arrive along with a couple of Paddy Power winnings transferred over. Manual withdrawals at the counter not being reflected in the balance or a Meteor DD hasn't shown up either. I know what the balance should be so god knows when that will actually be reflected. Mid month payment is due in Monday the 10th but usually shows up the Friday before so i doubt ill see that too quick as its probably going to the back of a long queue id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trustcited

wonski wrote: »
    MugMugs wrote: »
    This is my first complaint on this matter.

I still haven't been paid and just had my Visa Debit rejected when buying Diesel. My issue now is getting back to the store to pay for the diesel.

I'm fortunate that the owner was so understanding.

My next worry is how I fill my stomach this evening. I couldn't collect my payslip over the last while so they've posted it to me and as of this morning it still hasn't arrived not that I feel happy handing somebody my payslip anyway.

How in gods name can an automated system be so backed up like they say this is? It just doesn't make sense to me :confused:

Even without payslip they will have to take the risk - it is their fault, not yours. Good luck.

There's also reports of branches paying out where they can see regular salary payments in your history.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

Salary due 21st June now in posted under 26th. Its a start.

They also debited the VHI DD although no sign of UPC or Sky which are also due out.

• Advertisement

Ok here's how my account looks. I got a SW payment which is showing up on the mini statement on anytime banking as an automatic credit dated the 26th but when I open up the last months statement the transactions it don't show anything after the 22nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Are they running batch processes every day for the current stuff as a separate process to fixing the backlog?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Is Ulster Bank online available to anyone at the moment?, jut loged in and says Anytime Banking is unavailable at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

wonski wrote: »
    trustcited wrote: »
    There's also reports of branches paying out where they can see regular salary payments in your history.

Cheers Folks, I'll nip down this evening and see how I get on.

I was thinking that they would take my good history into account so fingers crossed. :)

I'm waiting on two SW payments, two maintenance payments and child benefit.

I just went to an ATM and one of my SW payments is in so I withdrew it. I wasn't going to leave it to chance to disappear![/Quot

Your better off in case Paul Daniels comes a calling :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Service unavailable on my app but nothing had changed 20 minutes ago. My eft was done 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Richie Blackmor

My salary due on 21st still missing. Nothing is registered as going into my account at all. My next salary payment is due for processing tomorrow night. I guess it will disappear into the electronic ether just like the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mmmmm, so this confirms what is supposed to be happening. I am guessing you got a dipso on a bad day. Ignore the charges. Were you to lodge cash to pay it, or was it a DD from UB that failed.

If it was the former, and you are smashed because your money has gone awol, then they would not have known about the UB connection. Suspect it maybe, but not confirmed until you told them. The note on the account should sort you out.

It was money due to be paid from my UB account as a bank xfer, but no money = No xfer possible. He understood thank god.

Think the reason i was bollocked was that they didnt know there was an UB connection

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Others further back in this thread have said that they were set up immediately in branch with internet access etc. before they left the branch and cards arriving within a couple of days.

Depends on branch maybe? I am to visit Naas branch this afternoon, and ask. Will post later. I will probably keep Ulster account for a while, since it is free, but move all credits into PTSB. Two bank accounts for me from now on. Can't afford to risk having money (or rather not having them) in one place.
    PTSB does free banking too, and Visa debit, that is all i need...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

ellieh1 wrote: »

For me, it's just the balance that's increased. I can't see any payments into my account in the last two weeks, even though my salary was paid in that timeframe. It might take a day or two for the actual transaction to appear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement