Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

davehey79 wrote: »
    just got into my account online after a few minutes of SERVICE UNAVAILABLE and low and behold my wages that were due in from 22nd June have arrive along with a couple of Paddy Power winnings transferred over. Manual withdrawals at the counter not being reflected in the balance or a Meteor DD hasn't shown up either. I know what the balance should be so god knows when that will actually be reflected. Mid month payment is due in Monday the 10th but usually shows up the Friday before so i doubt ill see that too quick as its probably going to the back of a long queue id imagine.[/Quo

Just wondering have you had any of your paddy power card purchases returned last week? I lodged cash in by card 3 weeks ago but last Saturday they put 25.56 back but then took it again yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Trotter wrote: »
    Are they running batch processes every day for the current stuff as a separate process to fixing the backlog?

No. My understanding is that everything is currently being manually done.

What they really need to do is close the branches for a couple of days. Tell epople ahead of time so they can withdraw enough money to see them through. Then use those few days to catch up on everything. By doing more and more manual transactions its just going to take longer.

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Is Ulster Bank online available to anyone at the moment?, jut loged in and says Anytime Banking is unavailable at the moment

Ya both anytime banking and the app are eorking fine for me. I say give it 15 mins and you will probably have some activity if your due money on the 22nd. It's what seems to be processed at the min

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Is Ulster Bank online available to anyone at the moment?, jut loged in and says Anytime Banking is unavailable at the moment

Ya both anytime banking and the app are working fine for me. I say give it 15 mins and you will probably have some activity if your due money on the 22nd. It's what seems to be processed at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 5 reecey

I'm just wondering what the knock on effect on the economy has been over this past couple of weeks. I know I haven't been spending any cash, cause I don't have any at the moment and many peeps are in the same position. We definetely don't ned this to happen to Ireland, both sides of the border when we are in the middle of a double dip recession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just had rent payement form social welfare from 26th june into my account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think I may have been paid. I just booked a flight with Aer Lingus using my Visa Debit and I've got a booking number so I'd assume the payment went through.

It didn't go for the 3D Secure check which I'm sure it usually does though. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

Islander13 wrote: »
    Just got paid too. Was due on 22nd. Ulster Bank, you're mostly forgiven

So you'll forgive and forget the awful time, lies and cover up's they put people through over the last weeks just because you got, what is your money, into your account 2 weeks later?!!! I just hope this is not typical of the general reaction, otherwise this thread will be a lot of talk and no action..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

reecey wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what the knock on effect on the economy has been over this past couple of weeks. I know I haven't been spending any cash, cause I don't have any at the moment and many peeps are in the same position. We definetely don't ned this to happen to Ireland, both sides of the border when we are in the middle of a double dip recession.

It has to be significant , the VAT returns will see a serious dip I reckon.

UB have a lot to answer on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Davidth88 wrote: »

why thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

why thursday?

A meeting of the Oireachtas Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform Committee is being held this Thursday at 2-30 p.m. with the following subject matters:

1. The safeguards in place to mitigate technical difficulties in the Irish Financial Services Sector [Representatives of the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Regulation Division]
    2. Technical difficulties within Ulster Bank [Representatives of Ulster Bank]

Islander13 wrote: »
    Just got paid too. Was due on 22nd. Ulster Bank, you're mostly forgiven

So you'll forgive and forget the awful time, lies and cover up's they put people through over the last weeks just because you got, what is your money, into your account 2 weeks later?!!! I just hope this is not typical of the general reaction, otherwise this thread will be a lot of talk and no action..

Exactly. We wait and see if everybody's DDs were paid like they said they would and how quick they will refund charges. I along with other people have been charged and not yet refunded. My guess from what I can see is that DDs and SOs etc will be paid..... From your acc balance funds. If you did not have enough to cover them then in my case they were returned unpaid. Also I notice that the only progress seems to be my u first account. I have a seperate acc for paying my mortgage out of and was dipping for cash on the 22nd as I had no pay in my u first acc. That account by my records should be -10 euro instead of 40 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brink

Davidth88 wrote: »

VAT Returns and PAYE/PRSI payments have been made to the revenue commissioners, I received a receipt for them last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Are many people waiting for payments from June 22 or before it? I see a lot of people got theirs today but I haven't...could really use the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

my wages from the 21st have finally shown up. so too have a friend's. so hopefully they are starting to make some progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just received 2 payments from the 21st onto the account, dated 26th June. There are a few other debits gone through as well. The account doesn't balance compared to what it should be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

Exactly. We wait and see if everybody's DDs were paid like they said they would and how quick they will refund charges. I along with other people have been charged and not yet refunded. My guess from what I can see is that DDs and SOs etc will be paid..... From your acc balance funds. If you did not have enough to cover them then in my case they were returned unpaid. Also I notice that the only progress seems to be my u first account. I have a seperate acc for paying my mortgage out of and was dipping for cash on the 22nd as I had no pay in my u first acc. That account by my records should be -10 euro instead of 40 credit

I won't be so quick to forgive either even though I haven't been too badly affected as yet! The handling of the situation has been a shambles in terms of informing the people and not making hollow promises. Feel very sorry for the clerks in the branches getting abuse all day long, glad I don't work for UB. :cool:

dee. wrote: »
    Are many people waiting for payments from June 22 or before it? I see a lot of people got theirs today but I haven't...could really use the money

Ah ya I'd say they just haven't reached your acc yet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wages dated the 26th arrived in recently(maybe an hour). Maye these are from the 21st. And a direct debit showed up. At last activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

dee. wrote: »

I was paid on the 22nd and it's only in the last hour or so that it's appeared on my online account balance. And even then, I'm half expecting it to vanish again.

We don't know what way UB are fixing this, so yours might appear later on today or sometime tomorrow or sometime next week. No one knows for certain.

If you're stuck for cash, you can go to your local branch and withdraw once you can provide ID, details of your account (e.g. ATM or Debit card) and a recent payslip or the like. If you have difficulty travelling to your local branch, get in touch with them because there's been a few cases where they've paid for taxis, etc.

And sorry if you've already posted why you can't withdraw money from the branch, I'm sure people reminding you of what you can't do doesn't help your situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

im back up to haveing a random 2000 extra euro no regular expected payments though

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

To anybody ready to forgive I would say wait until it's over. The end is not in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

My monthly wage that was due on 25th June has just gone through. Other transactions are still missing but I suppose that's the one that counts!

I'm scared to log back in though in case it disappears!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭king2

The Situation with Ulster Bank is completely unacceptable.I have 2 savings Accounts with them and only recently transferred my current account from National Irish. There is obviously something fundamentally wrong here. They are now saying things wont be back to normal until next week at the earliest. The Head of RBOS has stated that their UK operation has been given priority over Ireland.I am not having this. I am going to close all my Ulster Bank Accounts this week, over 22 thou on deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

funkhouser wrote: »
    To anybody ready to forgive I would say wait until it's over. The end is not in sight.

Exactly. Still missing 3 additional salary payments in, duplicate transactions, no interest applied to savings account and all kinds of other problems. "Forgiving" them is a laughable notion - as soon as things are back to normal (whenever the hell that will be), it's time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sipstrassi

My wages for June 25th are in my account balance though not showing in the list of transactions.
    I've been able to transfer to an UB joint account and to my UB savings.
    I haven't been able to clear my UB credit card though - keep getting a 'service unavailable' message.

Just waiting on child benefit, and one standing order that should have gone Monday.

Relieved to have my wages. Have started the process of opening a PTSB account BUT I've been with UB for 35 years and part of me really does not want to leave. Apart from anything else, all those fantastic bank staff will be out of a job if we all pull our accounts. They will suffer a lot more than the bigwigs who made the decisions on IT staff...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

Its an utter disgrace its going on this long. Its not supposed to be fixed fully until this next week. If that happens my husband has missed two wage payments and a child benefit payment.

Were going on holidays next week and will have to carry cash around with us which is a disgrace in this day and age.

We have are opening up a new account with BOI. I think the longer Ulster Bank are pissing about the more customers there going to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Listening to Newstalk who are saying that Ulster Bank basically refused to put anyone forward to talk to them this afternoon on Lunchtime.

They're going to be a text-book case of how not to do disaster PR !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

sipstrassi wrote: »
    I've been with UB for 35 years and part of me really does not want to leave.

I understand how you feel - I've been with them for about 12 years and found it hard to decide to move, but enough is enough. They have failed at the most fundamental level. Would you stay with your phone provider if they could not provide a phone service for weeks on end? Your TV provider if they could not provide TV services for weeks on end, etc and no idea when service would be restored? So why stay with a bank that can't process transactions FFS?

As for the frontline staff, I do feel sorry for them too, but someone on this thread (or the original one, don't remember) made a very good point: this is going to cost RBS/Ulster big time and they will soon be looking to make up the loss. So I fully expect the "normal" staff to see layoffs soon enough in the pursuit of more cost cutting, regardless if customers stay or not. Even if none of us left, it will be a much worse bank after this, redoubling their cost cutting efforts (and yes, I'm with those that believe that this mess was caused by cost cutting IT by outsourcing to India but the higher ups won't learn anything from this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 reecey

Solair wrote: »
    Listening to Newstalk who are saying that Ulster Bank basically refused to put anyone forward to talk to them this afternoon on Lunchtime.

They're going to be a text-book case of how not to do disaster PR !

They did the same with Stephen Nolan last week. They probably don't have answers for all of the questions they would be asked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement