Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

Anyway did anyone who got paid on the 28th get their salary?

Not sign as of just now. I doubt you'll see it before the latter end of the week if stuff from 25th/26th June is being credited today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

lislaw wrote: »
    What the hell is going on in Ulster Bank? Up till today all my transactions were appearing as usual on my account. Now, suddenly this morning, its all messed up.
    Transactions since the 20th of June are incomplete with most of them missing.

When I rang them they weren't able to give any sort of satisfactory explanation - just the inaccurate company line they've stuck to since this all started.

I asked the guy straight out were Ulster Bank having financial difficulties in the Irish market. He told me he wasn't aware of any issues of that nature - So I asked him "in his opinion" was this the case - his answer - "In my opinion, I don't think so" - Surely to god the answer should be an emphatic "No, absolutely no such problems - you have no need to worry"

Guess what - now I'm beginning to become very, very concerned...

You asked him for his opinion and he gave you his opinion. If he's on the front line he's hardly going to have intimate knowledge of any problems behind the scenes.

I worked for NatWest during the RBS takeover and the frontline staff knew next to nothing about what was going on.

I really wouldn't read anything into this person not offering an emphatic denial of any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

I get paid every thursday and this is about to be the third week I havent been paid! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ToXs

It's a sad state of affairs indeed. But what's more disturbing is that I keep reading here how everyone discusses did they get paid did they not, and what Ulster bank HAS done, same goes for the Central bank, the government. And yet no one has asked the question "What are you going to do once you fixed it?". Please no-one mention to me free bank charges ( I have never had an issue with paying them), please don't mention honoured Direct debits, and charges repaid for missed mortgages, etc ( that is a given in a situation like this). Please someone mention how do they think an apology is enough to make it all right in a case like this. Yes sorry rings true for friends, loved ones and enemies, but this is between people and a financial institution. Reverse the tables, owe the bank money, and you will find out quickly how your "apology" is going to be just not good enough. Now don't get me wrong I'm not going to say they need to pay out € 1000 per person, but something more than an appology has to be done. Demand it! Otherwise the bank would have pulled off the "biggest heist" with your money ....

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Beefy78 wrote: »
    You asked him for his opinion and he gave you his opinion. If he's on the front line he's hardly going to have intimate knowledge of any problems behind the scenes.

I worked for NatWest during the RBS takeover and the frontline staff knew next to nothing about what was going on.

I really wouldn't read anything into this person not offering an emphatic denial of any problems.

Fair enough - but I worked in AIB up the North when they merged to become First Trust - we had no idea what was going on either, or how accounts etc would be affected - but we knew well enough to reassure customers that everything would be perfectly fine and they didn't need to have any concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ToXs wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs indeed. But what's more disturbing is that I keep reading here how everyone discusses did they get paid did they not, and what Ulster bank HAS done, same goes for the Central bank, the government. And yet no one has asked the question "What are you going to do once you fixed it?" .Please no-one mention to me free bank charges ( I have never had an issue with them), please don't mention honoured Direct debits, and charges repaid for missed mortgages, etc ( that is a given in a situation like that ). Please someone mention how do they think an apology is enough to make all right in a case like this. Yes sorry rings true for friends, loved ones and enemies, but this is between people and a financial institution. Reverse the tables, owe the bank money and you will find out quickly how your "apology" is going to be just not good enough. Now don't get me wrong I'm not going to say they need to pay out € 1000 per person, but something more than an appology has to be done. Demand it! Otherwise the bank would have pulled of the "biggest heist" with your money ....

I agree that sorry isnt enough, but what else can they offer really?

Id love to be guaranteed a loan with them in the near future, is that too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭paddyjoe183

It's a sad state of affairs indeed. But what's more disturbing is that I keep reading here how everyone discusses did they get paid did they not, and what Ulster bank HAS done, same goes for the Central bank, the government. And yet no one has asked the question "What are you going to do once you fixed it?". Please no-one mention to me free bank charges ( I have never had an issue with paying them), please don't mention honoured Direct debits, and charges repaid for missed mortgages, etc ( that is a given in a situation like this). Please someone mention how do they think an apology is enough to make it all right in a case like this. Yes sorry rings true for friends, loved ones and enemies, but this is between people and a financial institution. Reverse the tables, owe the bank money, and you will find out quickly how your "apology" is going to be just not good enough. Now don't get me wrong I'm not going to say they need to pay out € 1000 per person, but something more than an appology has to be done. Demand it! Otherwise the bank would have pulled off the "biggest heist" with your money ....

I will be demanding comp dont worry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

Vicxas wrote: »

Id love to be guaranteed a loan with them in the near future, is that too much to ask?

I'd imagine at the very least they will have to hold off on reintroducing fees for account services, etc. It's getting towards people having good cases to claim compensation from them now but I some how doubt they'll be handing out cash (pun intended) to all of their customers! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Logged on to UB this morning, no change.

Just logged on again and my wages from the 21st have now been lodged, but showing the 26th. no sign of my wages for the 28th or the two cash withdrawals I made in branch

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

lislaw wrote: »
    Fair enough - but I worked in AIB up the North when they merged to become First Trust - we had no idea what was going on either, or how accounts etc would be affected - but we knew well enough to reassure customers that everything would be perfectly fine and they didn't need to have any concerns.

At this stage some of the front line staff have worked straight through for fourteen days listening to all sorts of abuse and trying their best to ensure that people were looked after, at a guess I would say that this chap is probably tired and fed up and may not be operating at the peak of 'professionalism'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Islander13 wrote: »
    People and companies make mistakes. I've banked with them for thirty years with no major issues up until now so why would I move. At least we aren't paying to clear up their property mistakes like the other more incompetent banks people are moving too

"People and companies make mistakes. "True.

Banks who make mistakes and don't have the correct procedures of disaster recovery or the desire to correctly update their staff or the general public about what is going on .... well that's an entirely different story.

"the other more incompetent banks "

I think Ulster have surpassed them all for incompetence here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭smokingman

There's not a huge amount of account admin you can do online so what do they do? Point you at a premium-rate 1850 number in order to eventually get to someone who simply says, "I can't do anything to help".

Least they could do is make that a 1800 number.

I could see atm transactions up to the 27th in my statement this morning but they have duplicated two of them and have defrauded me of 400 euro now.
    Asked them what they are going to do about it and they said I have to sort it out in a branch...

No standing orders or direct debits gone out since the 20th which includes weekly creche, monthly mortgage and savings.

What a pack of....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭davehey79

davehey79 wrote: »
    just got into my account online after a few minutes of SERVICE UNAVAILABLE and low and behold my wages that were due in from 22nd June have arrive along with a couple of Paddy Power winnings transferred over. Manual withdrawals at the counter not being reflected in the balance or a Meteor DD hasn't shown up either. I know what the balance should be so god knows when that will actually be reflected. Mid month payment is due in Monday the 10th but usually shows up the Friday before so i doubt ill see that too quick as its probably going to the back of a long queue id imagine.[/Quo

Just wondering have you had any of your paddy power card purchases returned last week? I lodged cash in by card 3 weeks ago but last Saturday they put 25.56 back but then took it again yesterday

nope they all went in fine nothing returned. there was actually money in the account to cover them and bills going out so maybe that why. what went in is winnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭thomasj

scotchy wrote: »
    Logged on to UB this morning, no change.

Just logged on again and my wages from the 19th have now been lodged, but showing the 26th. no sign of my wages for the 26th or the two cash withdrawals I made in branch

I think with regards to the cash withdrawals made in branch that might be a while before its updated to your account. They need to get the system up to date first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

So what now then folks, AIB? BOI? Frying pan into the fire tbh.

PTSB seem an ok compromise, but the difference is hardly night and day. There aren't a whole lot of banking options on an island as small as this.

Awaiting UB's next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Pockey wrote: »
    Not sign as of just now. I doubt you'll see it before the latter end of the week if stuff from 25th/26th June is being credited today

Yep.....spoke to somebody in my branch in Lr O'Connell street this morning

Apparently they have cleared the backlog upto the 25th

So hopefully will see my monthly salary (due on the 28th ) soon .... Hopefully:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Logged on a few moments ago and I have not yet received my wages from 20/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ToXs

It's a sad state of affairs indeed. But what's more disturbing is that I keep reading here how everyone discusses did they get paid did they not, and what Ulster bank HAS done, same goes for the Central bank, the government. And yet no one has asked the question "What are you going to do once you fixed it?" .Please no-one mention to me free bank charges ( I have never had an issue with them), please don't mention honoured Direct debits, and charges repaid for missed mortgages, etc ( that is a given in a situation like that ). Please someone mention how do they think an apology is enough to make all right in a case like this. Yes sorry rings true for friends, loved ones and enemies, but this is between people and a financial institution. Reverse the tables, owe the bank money and you will find out quickly how your "apology" is going to be just not good enough. Now don't get me wrong I'm not going to say they need to pay out € 1000 per person, but something more than an appology has to be done. Demand it! Otherwise the bank would have pulled of the "biggest heist" with your money ....

I want more people to answer what I've asked if possible. I have ideas: to entertain one, yes a guaranteed loan would be nice, but how about a free iPad for every affected account. RBS as a corporation will buy it at amazing discount from Apple, and they in turn will gain new customers for their app store. I know this might be "what do I need an iPad for" for some, but they will need to standardise compenstation to prevent it from turning into billions...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I want more people to answer what I've asked if possible. I have ideas: to entertain one, yes a guaranteed loan would be nice, but how about a free iPad for every affected account. RBS as a corporation will buy it at amazing discount from Apple, and they in turn will gain new customers for their app store. I know this might be "what do I need an iPad for" for some, but they will need to standardise compenstation to prevent it from turning into billions...
    Or tickets and overnight stay for all Ireland final as they sponsor the football ....

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

No transaction on my account for wages going through yet. Balance has gone up and more transactions that I made using my card have shown up. Looks like progress is being made.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Yuor card transactions were always going to go through. Different system.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

My wife got her wages from 21st and I have more DD's going through since this morning so I have to say progress is being made aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

In the past hour, EFT transactions have started hitting my account. They are all dated 26th June.

Movement at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah, I can't see that going down too well in Westminster.

It's impossible to say what level of compensation is suitable until after the dust has settled. Does the morning's account activity mean that we're over the worst or will it be weeks or even months until BAU?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Some duplicate mortgage payments in the UK were mistakenly taken from customers during NatWest’s IT meltdown, the bank’s group has confirmed.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bank-apologises-for-mortgages-meltdown-557721.html

God help us if this starts happening here

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Richie Blackmor

In the past hour, EFT transactions have started hitting my account. They are all dated 26th June.

Movement at last.

I'm happy to see that at least some people are feeling a bit relieved but still no movement in my account since 20/06 (no inward movement but plenty of outward movements)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

RBS will be glad to see the back of Ulster Bank - it was already costing them loads...
    http://www.moneyguideireland.com/chairman-of-rbs-was-already-concerned-about-ulster-bank.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Still no change on my account :( Its really annoying me that some people are getting paid from the 26/27/28 and i'm still waiting for mine from the 22nd to go through...its frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I am glad people are getting their money,but I wish they would sort it by day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I can't log in.
    It says that the system is temporarily unavailable.
    Should I panic now or later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

snubbleste wrote: »
    I can't log in.
    It says that the system is temporarily unavailable.
    Should I panic now or later?

It's been doing that on and off all day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement