Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

snubbleste wrote: »
    I can't log in.
    It says that the system is temporarily unavailable.
    Should I panic now or later?
    Thats happened a lot of people this morning and when they logged back in their wages were there !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Will my direct debits from the last 2 weeks go through automatically when this mess is eventually sorted or do I need to go pay them in person? I've been away on holiday and its been a nightmare.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I can't log in.

Ah I wouldn't worry...or celebrate!

Mine was down a few minutes ago, it let me log in just there and there have been no changes whatsoever, no need to panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

I can't log in.

That's happened to me a few times today - sometimes when I do get back in I've more transactions,sometimes I've less.

I'm just glad I took cash out when I could - at the moment I'm apparently overdrawn by about €2000 - a few hours ago I was in credit for €180.

There seems to be something happening today alright, just not sure if it's something positive or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Just had my balance updated there now. Seem to have more money than I should/expect though. I only have one direct debit so I know it's not an unpaid debit still there. I wonder has there been a miscalculation,not that i'm complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I have a current account, credit card and savings accounts with UB. The current account is gradually diminishing with delays in payments showing up and a wages cheque lodged last Thursday (manually at a branch) still not showing up.

I'm resigned to having to wait it out and hope everything in the current account is rectified before I run out of funds.

My questions is - I have savings (approx 10 times what's in the current account) - should I go to hte branch this week/weekend and withdraw the savings............having ignored the issue for so long (a bit like UB) I'm now increasingly worried for the security of my savings. Am I foolish to be worried? Should I leave my savings where they are (for now at least)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cuores

Salary that was due in on the 25th just got credited a few minutes ago, it shows up on the summary screen on internet banking but not on the statements page. Progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

"a free iPad for every affected account"

[makes sign of the cross] None of that Apple stuff in my home! I'll settle for an Android Tablet though XD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Was able to log in no problem but no sign of lodgment made in branch on 20th yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yoganmahew

I wonder if the online unreliability is all the people logging in to check if anything has happened/see if the system is available...

Tell you what, everyone jump at the same time and I'll see if I can feel it - ready, one, two, three...

• Advertisement

I have a current account, credit card and savings accounts with UB. The current account is gradually diminishing with delays in payments showing up and a wages cheque lodged last Thursday (manually at a branch) still not showing up.

I'm resigned to having to wait it out and hope everything in the current account is rectified before I run out of funds.

My questions is - I have savings (approx 10 times what's in the current account) - should I go to hte branch this week/weekend and withdraw the savings............having ignored the issue for so long (a bit like UB) I'm now increasingly worried for the security of my savings. Am I foolish to be worried? Should I leave my savings where they are (for now at least)?

Suppose the question is do you trust Ulster Bank, and do you believe what you are being told. It's all well and good to say that your savings are guaranteed by the state, but how long would it take to sort out accessing those funds if a bank were to collapse/close. I would guess that's is a long and slow process.

While this has been going on I've kept as little cash as possible in my UB account. I've left enough to cover the payments and DD's that are coming due, but other than that I've withdrawn my funds, just to be on the safe side.

Is there activity with your savings account, is there a standing order to put funds into it etc, if so I would just keep an eye on it to make sure that any money due to go to your savings is accounted for.

If there is not going to be any activity on the savings account at all you should be fine as you'll have no problems with monitoring transactions to/from your savings account etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

phormium wrote: »
    Was able to log in no problem but no sign of lodgment made in branch on 20th yet.

I would imagine all the delayed electronic credits/debits will go through first, then they will move on to the manual lodgements/withdrawals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I'm happy to see that at least some people are feeling a bit relieved but still no movement in my account since 20/06 (no inward movement but plenty of outward movements)

I am not one bit relieved !

The EFT's were a mix of money in and money out.

My cash lodgements and supplier DD's are nowhere to be seen. I see people are reporting online banking coming and going. Thats when they update the accounts isn't it?

The real problem here is the manual transactions. They will have to be input one by one. Thats what will take weeks if not months....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

A small update from Ulster Bank .. just confirms that some progress is being made..

Ulster Bank Latest

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I'll be staying with them after this is all over. It has been a major inconvenience but they have been more than accommodating to me over the years and these past few days.

Ogham wrote: »
    A small update from Ulster Bank .. just confirms that some progress is being made..

Ulster Bank Latest

Still, not very reassuring - another week!! - and god only knows when they'll have the manual payments all sorted out

Please don't mind me. I'm just sitting here chewing my leg off.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

A small inconvenience to me too, have lost a lot more money due to other banks, through taxes, levies etc in the last few years and I've never been with AIB or BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's the manual transactions that will be the bigger problem as has already been said.

Lodgment/withdrawals will take an age to process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I got my salary for week ending 22nd June but no sign of 29th June yet.

"Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the Ulster Bank with you all"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

I also withdrew all my cash today went in with copy of payslip and id and took it all out just in case they shut their doors

They (RBS) dont give a rats arse about ireland

Still no salary showing since 25th but they managed to take their 10 euro for the u first account fing cheek

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I'll be staying with them after this is all over. It has been a major inconvenience but they have been more than accommodating to me over the years and these past few days.

I agree, Ulster Bank used to be very accommodating. Up until very recently no payments had ever been declined from my account even if I'd miscalculated and there was insufficent funds. Yes, of course I was charged - usually about €4 as an overlimit fee. Now, in more recent times, DD's have been declined even though the majority of funds are in the account - They bounced my mortgage payment for the sake of less than €5 recently - and charged me €12.50 for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The bad thing for the staff is that they have got potential compulsory redundancy to come when all this is over ! I wouldn't like to be in their shoes now. With all this extra cost - there will probably be more redundancies and branch closures.

" Ulster Bank has confirmed it is cutting 950 jobs from its branches on both sides of the Irish border. The bank said 600 posts would go in the Irish Republic and 350 would be lost across Northern Ireland. It said it could not rule out compulsory redundancies."

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/chairman-of-rbs-was-already-concerned-about-ulster-bank.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

KeithTS wrote: »
    Is there activity with your savings account, is there a standing order to put funds into it etc, if so I would just keep an eye on it to make sure that any money due to go to your savings is accounted for.

If there is not going to be any activity on the savings account at all you should be fine as you'll have no problems with monitoring transactions to/from your savings account etc.

The answers are no and no Keith. No activity on the savings account apart from regular interest payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Still no movement on my account, so come this wednesday night ill be owed 3 weeks wages!!!
    But i must say, they cant help you enough when you call into your branch.I wish i felt so wanted every time i visited them :)
    Ill miss having the manager hold my daughter while i withdraw money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Ogham wrote: »

Ulster Bank Latest

Progress for a small number of people is meaningless if most people are still waiting for money that was paid to them two weeks ago.

They said 24 hours at the start. Then it was the weekend. Then it was the middle of next week. Then it was the weekend. Then it was Monday. Then it was middle of the week. Now it's the middle of next week again. All the time they've been making "progress" and yet, thought I appreciate some people here are seeing something, I and everyone I know haven't seen a cent since the 20th. I will believe it when see it. They have been lying shamelessly, there is no reason to trust anything they say.

The answers are no and no Keith. No activity on the savings account apart from regular interest payments.

I think you may be better off leaving your money where it is so for the time being.
    If there are no transactions (excluding interest) on the account you're not going to have any hassle with lost payments or monitoring the account.

I would be concerned that by moving your money that transaction in itself could be duplicated as is happening with transactions form current accounts and you could end up with more trouble having to chase that up.

It's a horrible situation to be in and its tricky to know what the best course of action is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

silentbang wrote: »
    Ill miss having the manager hold my daughter while i withdraw money :)
    Next time u see him you might be holding his daughter to withdraw your funds :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement