Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

TheMerb wrote: »
    Rang and shouted down the phone at them last night..... Suddenly money begins to appear in my account today..... coincidence perhaps..... result though..!!!!!!:D:D:D

Definitely coincidence.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I think they're forcing through direct debits regardless of funds. They have the power to do that

It's easier for the bank to pay them.

If they bounce and there's an unprocessed manual lodgment in the system then they have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

Hey guys
    Thankfully 1 of the lucky few to recieve my wages from the 21st.

I haven't used my card/acc since this fiasco, but my netflix payment has been due a little over a week .
    Now that I have money in my acc I'd like to pay it . I have it set up to be taken from my paypal but there hasn't been enough on it .

My question is if I send money from my current acc to paypal will it just join the queue?

I'm guessing I can use my debit card otherwise if I have to , I heard these are still working instantaneous ?

Thanks

Some of those "in-branch" lodgments are now going through. Seems to be ones just containing cheques though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I think they're forcing through direct debits regardless of funds. They have the power to do that

If I was to be paid by Friday then this could more or less just work as a money saving exercise for me so.

Cheers Ally :)

• Advertisement

Shao wrote: »
    Hey guys
    Thankfully 1 of the lucky few to recieve my what's from the 21st.

I haven't used my card/acc since this fiasco, but my netflix payment has been due a little over a week .
    Now that I have money in my acc I'd like to pay it . I hav it set up to be taken from my paypal but there hasn't been enough on it .

My question is if I send money from my current acc to paypal will it just join the queue?

I'm guessing Ivan use my debit card if I have to , I heard these are still instantaneous ?

Thanks

Debit card transactions are instant - come off your available balance straightaway.

I wouldn't risk a transfer to paypal. God knows how long that would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Yaaay got my wages due 21st June about lunch time today!!Funny getting my meagre wages late felt like winning the lotto!!

Have noticed duplicate ATM withdrawals.Contacted their customer service and was told they can't do anything about them at the moment.Just sit tight and hope it updates!We will see...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

So it took 2 weeks to update the 21st June payments. How long will it take to update last weeks payment or this weeks payment?

How long is a piece of string I guess.......................:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Beer Baron wrote: »
    So it took 2 weeks to update the 21st June payments. How long will it take to update last weeks payment or this weeks payment?

How long is a piece of string I guess.......................:(

It probably took 2 weeks for them to work out how to fix the mess. It should take a lot less time to run through all the electronic files in the backlog now thay seem to have started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Finally had my account balance update to reflect wages gone in on 21st June. Balance shown tallies with all ATM withdrawals having been processed, but no direct debits made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

my sister go her wages there about 30 mins ago.
    they were due to be paid into her account on 29th June. so it seems there is movement at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

Husband wages were due on the 22nd of june ans till no sign :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Still no sign of my husbands wages from the 19th & 26th and mine from the 20th :mad::mad:

Can't understand that some of my work colleagues received theirs from the 20th a couple of days ago and I'm still waiting.....Seems to be some movement for the 21st transactions too for other people. Anyone else still waiting for payments from the 19th/20th???

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

My wages from the 22nd appeared sometime today ( wasn't there this morning). I've arranged to be paid by cheque for the next two weeks. Also taking time off work later this week to set up a new account, probably with PTSB for future incoming pay. Assume I'll have to wait until my UB account is fully up to date before I can close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's weird how little coverage this is getting. Just heard Today FM news and it wasn't mentioned at all!!??

Are they bored of the story or being told not to run it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

mcballer wrote: »
    Yaaay got my wages due 21st June about lunch time today!!Funny getting my meagre wages late felt like winning the lotto!!

Have noticed duplicate ATM withdrawals.Contacted their customer service and was told they can't do anything about them at the moment.Just sit tight and hope it updates!We will see...

i was told the exact opposite about duplicate transactions.

the lad on the phone told me he would put a mark on each duplicate and it would be taken care of within the coming week.

seems different customers are being informed of different things. typical ulsterbank! they really need to think up a new slogan too. 'helpful banking' isnt all that accurate anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

Really goes to show that in the age of internet banking and virtual money when the system goes wrong you are screwed.. All of a sudden the granny-money-under-the-mattress concept seems wiser and wiser.

What an incompetent bank... its 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Caseywhale wrote: »
    my sister go her wages there about 30 mins ago.
    they were due to be paid into her account on 29th June. so it seems there is movement at last.

oh that's hopeful mine was due in on same date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Still awaiting money from June 22 and 29th. Also waiting for a smaller amount from the 27th. My account hasn't been updated at all today unfortunately..hopefully tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Captain Pillowcase

Not a UB customer but thanks to them and this whole joke of a situation my wages from the 21st (employer is UB) that have not arrived in my BOI account I have notched up €30 in fees today alone. Thanks so much for messing this all up for so many people UB. That money from my wages that I have to pay in fees and then wait god knows only how long to get back from you is food, or petrol or part of my insurance etc.....
    Hopping mad :mad: (if I could make this have steam coming from it's ears I would.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Registered Users Posts: 16 markgb

The best way for RBS to put it right would be to move their IT centre back from India to Dublin and Edinburgh and get the staff they made redundant back. They knew what they were doing. No major outages on their watch!

It is also fairly typical of the culture on the sub-continent that nobody will own up to the true extent of a problem or say when it will be realistically fixed. The culture is stacked against delivering bad news so instead they just muddle on and tell management what they want to hear. I suspect this is why the deadlines keep moving.

Local IT teams would have been far better at putting realistic plans in place to fix things quickly in the unlikely event anything had gone wrong on their watch.

But look at all money the bank saved by off-shoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

i was told the exact opposite about duplicate transactions.

the lad on the phone told me he would put a mark on each duplicate and it would be taken care of within the coming week.

Hmmm I will be getting back onto them tomorrow so with this info!!Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Really goes to show that in the age of internet banking and virtual money when the system goes wrong you are screwed.. All of a sudden the granny-money-under-the-mattress concept seems wiser and wiser.

What an incompetent bank... its 2 weeks.

i think the cashless society just got kicked down the road another decade or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

mcballer wrote: »
    Hmmm I will be getting back onto them tomorrow so with this info!!Cheers

no problem.

i really do think at this stage its a case where the helpline staff will say just about anything to get people off the phone though.

theyve either mis informed you or me.

time will tell....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not a UB customer but thanks to them and this whole joke of a situation my wages from the 21st (employer is UB) that have not arrived in my BOI account I have notched up €30 in fees today alone. Thanks so much for messing this all up for so many people UB. That money from my wages that I have to pay in fees and then wait god knows only how long to get back from you is food, or petrol or part of my insurance etc.....
    Hopping mad :mad: (if I could make this have steam coming from it's ears I would.)

what bank are you with?
    BOI for one are refunding fees as they happen due to UB issues. Just ring your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Geri Male wrote: »
    It's easier for the bank to pay them.

If they bounce and there's an unprocessed manual lodgment in the system then they have a problem.

Agreed. However they will have to waive interest, referral item fees or overlimit item charges if they force pay items. Better than being sued for unpaying an item when a lodgment is in the system though

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Still no wages,both of us due since 21st!!!!
    did anyone get child benefit paid in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I got 1 weeks wgaes today. Online banking says its from 26th. I should have been paid on the 21st and 29th. I'm assumeing this is the wages from the 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Still waiting on wages from the 22nd :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement