Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭irishgeo

just logged into my work email, I am getting paid by cheque this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Phew... Wages finally appeared in the bank today, around lunchtime. Card transactions from 9 days ago also finally nailed down to hairdresser, restaurant, etc - that was progress. Just waiting for mortgage, life insurance, charity contribution, etc, to go, then I'll have a better idea of where I stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭atellyer

my salary finally came through dated 26th June (though I know it went in on the 22nd). Still that's progress:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

Yesterday's statement from the mothership (RBS) concerning Irish customers.

http://www.rbs.com/news/2012/07/rbs-group-updates-on-technology-issues-affecting-its-ulster-bank.html

Forgive me if it was posted here already. It has been quoted in the press but interesting (and a tiny bit reassuring) to read it in full.

A tiny bit interesting and reassuring if it were true. This piece in particular is interesting, if only it were true:

"Unfortunately for our customers in Ireland, Ulster Bank payments follow in sequence after those of NatWest and RBS. This is because of the way the technology was set-up at the time the 3 banks were integrated. It in no way reflects the priority we attach to our Ulster Bank customers and we regret any confusion this might have caused."

If Ulster Bank processing followed NatWest & RBS, then how come UB's payments of June 19th-21st had to wait until RBS and NatWest completed processing of all payments all the way up until June 29th and UBs payments of 24th & 25th are now following NatWest & RBS payments of July 2nd??

Anyone smell a rat. That's because their statement is false. Why would any bank design a system that could not run concurrently, especially when UB is not dependant on RBS or NatWest data in order to process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

So how was Liveline today? Petrol onto flames?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

still waiting on my pay from the 29th this beyond a joke at this stage,im off to another for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

A random sum of money went into my account today but I don't know what it was for. I was due my salary on Thursday 28th, but this amount is no where near what I should have been paid, even taking the 1 withdrawal I made into consideration :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Geri Male wrote: »
    So how was Liveline today? Petrol onto flames?

Not mentioned at all. Someone moaning about being overqualified for the jobs she was being interviewed for. Couldn't keep listening tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The weekly standing order i am trying to cancel is getting onto my nerves now!!!!! Already been charged once, and it still says the date due is too soon to cancel now????
    Guess what, the date due is 22/06...
    But it has already been taken once, and returned unpaid, and charged 12.70!!!
    Since it is a weekly one, i am pretty sure it will show up again tomorrow, with the same date, and it will be taken in due course...
    Hope i will get my salary by then!

For anyone who had cancelled S/O online - these are coming back everyday, as active...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

A tiny bit interesting and reassuring if it were true. This piece in particular is interesting, if only it were true:

"Unfortunately for our customers in Ireland, Ulster Bank payments follow in sequence after those of NatWest and RBS. This is because of the way the technology was set-up at the time the 3 banks were integrated. It in no way reflects the priority we attach to our Ulster Bank customers and we regret any confusion this might have caused."

If Ulster Bank processing followed NatWest & RBS, then how come UB's payments of June 19th-21st had to wait until RBS and NatWest completed processing of all payments all the way up until June 29th and UBs payments of 24th & 25th are now following NatWest & RBS payments of July 2nd??

Anyone smell a rat. That's because their statement is false. Why would any bank design a system that could not run concurrently, especially when UB is not dependant on RBS or NatWest data in order to process.

thats a very good point, and something that hadnt occured to me.

i wonder will vincent brown talk about this debacle on tv3 tonight?

OP it wouldnt do any harm to text in about this point to Vincent!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

A random sum of money went into my account today but I don't know what it was for. I was due my salary on Thursday 28th, but this amount is no where near what I should have been paid, even taking the 1 withdrawal I made into consideration :confused:

Same here, something went in, only looks like 1 weeks wage, so another still owed, savings something similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

Just to let anyone know.before this crap started I had about 100 euro in my account.in the middle of it I ordered something from eBay through PayPal.while I was waiting I thought ''damn I forgot about the Ulster rigmarole''

So I go to Ulster and ask what seemed to be a manager who attended people in the queue.she said anything to do with payments will not go through.so I thought I'd have to wait about 2 weeks for my stuff to be shipped.4 days later it arrived on time.

I think anything that was already in your account prior to this apocalyptic event is accessable.

I lodged 2 cheques into Ulster while this was going on stupidly.I have no receipts that suggest I lodged them.will I be able to go up tomorrow and get my cash for them?

Just to let anyone know.before this crap started I had about 100 euro in my account.in the middle of it I ordered something from eBay through PayPal.while I was waiting I thought ''damn I forgot about the Ulster rigmarole''

So I go to Ulster and ask what seemed to be a manager who attended people in the queue.she said anything to do with payments will not go through.so I thought I'd have to wait about 2 weeks for my stuff to be shipped.4 days later it arrived on time.

I think anything that was already in your account prior to this apocalyptic event is accessable.

I lodged 2 cheques into Ulster while this was going on stupidly.I have no receipts that suggest I lodged them.will I be able to go up tomorrow and get my cash for them?

not without proof of lodgement, and most likely not as they were cheques and not cash.

did they not give you a receipt for your lodgement?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

My missus checked her ub account tonite and last weeks wages hav gone in. Maybe they are sorting it soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

wonski wrote: »
    The weekly standing order i am trying to cancel is getting onto my nerves now!!!!! Already been charged once, and it still says the date due is too soon to cancel now????
    Guess what, the date due is 22/06...
    But it has already been taken once, and returned unpaid, and charged 12.70!!!
    Since it is a weekly one, i am pretty sure it will show up again tomorrow, with the same date, and it will be taken in due course...
    Hope i will get my salary by then!

For anyone who had cancelled S/O online - these are coming back everyday, as active...
    Yes. They won't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Still no eft from 21/6. I'm not alone tho, right? I'm fed up checking the poxy app I can do it in my sleep now!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 karr3

good to see movement on peoples accounts...we're in the USA and are waiting on my husbands wages from the 21st June..emailed our local UB branch..they are doing a money transfer via Western Union and covering all charges, including the difference in the exchange rate between WU and UB. They also informed us that my husbands wages are through but just no showing on the account yet....it's movement..not as quick as we'd like..but movement....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 petrapig

No wages STILL from the 20th !!! tey paid a few things till the 26th , completely at a loss now looking into a bush I intend to clear out the bank tommorrow. I will take out my bi weekly wages x2(still not in) and the childrens allowence and if they refuse tommorrow i will be spotted in the 6-1 tommorrow evening - .drop dead Ulster bank you can bill me if i owe you anything ..... hold your breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Synchronicity

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

Went into the bank to try and make sense of my balance sheet (no wages from 21st and 29th) and was actually spooked by how at sea the front-line staff are. They haven't a rashers what's going on.

My balance seems to have gone up today by an amount that makes no sense, with no explanation on my online statement. Wages haven't landed and i've been taking 20's, 40's, 60's of atms (with only a couple of those transactions showing up) so it should be dropping if anything.

Thinking of transferring my savings to my partner's AIB a/c just in case they go tits up, but they probably won't allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 djk68

Anyone see any movement on DD? I've a few due out over last 2 weeks and see no sign of them on account so not sure if they are being forced through or not. I thought I saw another poster say some were shown as unpaid on their account with unpaid charges. Website says they are being paid but in another secton says none since 21st are paid. I changed over DD details with all (except UB
    Mortgage, loan, CC) but still leaves a month in limbo. Quinn/liberty were happy with new dd details,three more or less said they would cut my phone off ( and sons, and daughters) so happy times there! Hell hath no fury like a 15 year old being told her phone may go. So thats at least 4 of us (incl husband) swiitching mobile providers when contract is up if a few months time.

Various other providers seemed ok with UB issues (friends first. Irish life, royal liver, UPC). SO keep coming back no matter how often I cancel them. Hope they are not forced through as well as already paid from new a/c.

Wonder if comp:refund will include refund of cancelled SO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Darth Floodric

not without proof of lodgement, and most likely not as they were cheques and not cash.

did they not give you a receipt for your lodgement?

I had someone else lodge for me and I didn't think it was that big a deal at the time so I never kept the receipt:-(

torres9kop wrote: »
    My missus checked her ub account tonite and last weeks wages hav gone in. Maybe they are sorting it soon :)

It depends. It sounds like they're about a week behind in processing if they're getting through payments of June 26th (based on other people's comments). That means they've a long way to go. Therefore, it might be next week before they catch up with this week's payments. It all depends on how quick they can catch up.

I had someone else lodge for me and I didn't think it was that big a deal at the time so I never kept the receipt:-(

well worst case scenario you could always go in with the person who lodged it, give them the date and approx time it was lodged. they should be able to check cameras to verify what youre saying

but i wouldnt worry too much, im sure the lodgement has been noted.

its just gonna take some time to show up.

i naively made a cash lodgement last wk, as UB were spewing lies and saying things would be rectified soon. so youre not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

Went into the bank to try and make sense of my balance sheet (no wages from 21st and 29th) and was actually spooked by how at sea the front-line staff are. They haven't a rashers what's going on.

The Indians are the ones trying to sort out the mess. They haven't a rashers either

I smell a large sewer rat. RBS and Nat West have 10 million customers. Ulster Bank in Ireland have 100,000 customers. They fixed RBS and Nat West first, because of the risk to their business in the UK, over Ireland. Besides the thick Irish won't cause as big a stink as the UK customer. If you annoy the UK business, Cameron and Osborne are on the phone. It's only Honohan, Elderfield and Enda you have to worry about over here. Teddy bears (I'm being sarcastic. Thinking like the RBS bosses were thinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

This morning Ulster Bank charged mee 8.5E for late payment to my credit card:eek: Best is I could not make any payment since 21st last.Im so pi**ed off that i have to go there tomorrow and q for 30minutes to get 8.5 back(I hope:confused: )

This morning Ulster Bank charged mee 8.5E for late payment to my credit card:eek: Best is I could not make any payment since 21st last.Im so pi**ed off that i have to go there tomorrow and q for 30minutes to get 8.5 back(I hope:confused: )

no point in going in in person at this stage

wait until the dust settles and things normalise.

no harm in calling helpline tomorrow about the charge. but theyll most likely tell you there is nothing they can do until the systems are back up and running.

i wouldnt worry

UB have promised to refund all charges incurred as a result of this system failure.

no point in going in in person at this stage

wait until the dust settles and things normalise.

no harm in calling helpline tomorrow about the charge. but theyll most likely tell you there is nothing they can do until the systems are back up and running.

i wouldnt worry

UB have promised to refund all charges incurred as a result of this system failure.

I agree. By the end of this, you might find multiple charges on your account. Let them sort it out once all payments have been processed.

Fixing the mess is one thing. Refunding customers and repairing relationships is going to be a whole different ball game. They'll really suffer when it comes to the refunds. They don't have the business experts in place anymore. They got some business people to come back to help them. People they had made redundant. But they may need to hold on to them for months and months if they want to do refunds correctly. No point in asking an Indian to do it. They don't have a clue about the business of banking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I smell a large sewer rat. RBS and Nat West have 10 million customers. Ulster Bank in Ireland have 100,000 customers. They fixed RBS and Nat West first, because of the risk to their business in the UK, over Ireland. Besides the thick Irish won't cause as big a stink as the UK customer. If you annoy the UK business, Cameron and Osborne are on the phone. It's only Honohan, Elderfield and Enda you have to worry about over here. Teddy bears (I'm being sarcastic. Thinking like the RBS bosses were thinking)

UB have 1.9 million customers. I think they are claiming that only 100,000 UB customers are affected. Too right Cameron would be on the phone seeing as they bailed out RBS. I wonder if this was AIB would our Govt do the same... probably not!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement