Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

This post has been deleted.

I sincerely doubt it, they will already be well aware that they will lose customers because of their handling of the issue. I think they have stopped giving people deadlines for normal functionality because they really just don't know how long it will take and they have had to move the goalposts multiple times already. The Central Bank need to get some cojones and force the issue now. Regulation my a**!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've been paid (due 25th)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

MugMugs wrote: »
    It was on their website that they would...

Knew I seen it somwhere - this would at least give customers a baseline to gauge some of the damage that has been done with regard to their credit history

I would hope that it is offered (FREE) from a reliable third party and not just some in-house special (I can just imagine :rolleyes: )

EDIT:

Just found it:
    What should I do if I am concerned that my credit record or my payment history is affected by this incident?

Please visit your branch or call our help desk from 8am to 10pm on 1800 205 100 (+353 9156 2910).

You can also check your bank statements when they become available. This will be the best way of seeing whether payments have not been made as a result of a salary or other credit not being received on time.
    Each month we send a report about our customer's credit status to credit reference agencies. Even though a missed payment may show up on your statement as a result of this incident, we will not show it in our credit report.If you are a customer of another bank, you should contact your bank in the first instance and also check your bank statement.
    If you think there is an issue, we recommend that you wait until August to allow records to get back up to date. At that point you can request a credit check from a Credit Reference Agency. We are making arrangements with Credit Reference Agencies that we will pay the costs of this check for our customers.

Nice - so they will be reporting their own mess but not to themselves...!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Credit history only costs €6 on the ICB website... Hardly justified as compensation if this is what they chose to do!
    I'm moving to another bank on Friday. Also agree that everyone effected should write in a complaint to have it on their accounts for future reference.
    What should I do if I am concerned that my credit record or my payment history is affected by this incident?

Please visit your branch or call our help desk from 8am to 10pm on 1800 205 100 (+353 9156 2910).

You can also check your bank statements when they become available. This will be the best way of seeing whether payments have not been made as a result of a salary or other credit not being received on time.

Each month we send a report about our customer's credit status to credit reference agencies. Even though a missed payment may show up on your statement as a result of this incident, we will not show it in our credit report.

If you are a customer of another bank, you should contact your bank in the first instance and also check your bank statement.

If you think there is an issue, we recommend that you wait until August to allow records to get back up to date. At that point you can request a credit check from a Credit Reference Agency. We are making arrangements with Credit Reference Agencies that we will pay the costs of this check for our customers.

Latest Update [URL="-http://www.moneyguideireland.com/problems-at-ulster-bank.html"]-http://www.moneyguideireland.com/problems-at-ulster-bank.html[/URL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

My salary which was due on the 28th has been paid today. Two withdrawals I made from the bank aren't showing yet tho. Progress is being made anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Same as.. My balance has been different every day since Saturday even though I haven't touched my account!!

I agree with you for the most part. I think the issue lies with their inability to speed up the systems which is why they won't offer any more timelines on fully operational accounts. They could well be working with an abacus and a quill at this stage and it is simply not good enough. At this stage they will have to compensate people in some manner other than a free credit check (big whoop) or they will go under.

Local_Chap wrote: »
    My salary which was due on the 28th has been paid today. Two withdrawals I made from the bank aren't showing yet tho. Progress is being made anyway

Mine has just gone in due on the 28th also

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

AT LAST!! My money which was due on the 22nd is now in my account, just waiting on a small amount from the 27th, another payment from the 29th and an authorization hold
    from a failed transaction to be removed....glad to see some movement on my account though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

My wages from the 28th are now in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

I have a dd and 2 so showing on my account now dated 27th

The DD I canceled yesterday is still showing as canceled :) The only thing is it didnt ask me for a code to cancel it I thought I would need that little calculator looking thing to cancel it but didnt. Hopefully it stays canceled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

My balance is up & down like a fiddler's elbow.
    Yesterday we received 2 payments due on 21st. No payments today, a debit applied of €71 but a difference of over €300 (less) in the account.
    No credits today yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trustcited

Mobile banking is back and wages for 28th are in, still waiting on expenses from 29th...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pay from 28th still not in but I see new notice on Anytime banking login :-
    Customer Information

Many customers should see an improved position on their accounts today, with account transactions continuing to update. As we work through the backlog you should see your account balances continuing to update over the coming week.

Our Internet Banking and our Smart Phone Apps are available to allow you to view your accounts and make transfers. Our bill payment feature is available and funds will leave your account, however payments will not be fully processed until the current payments backlog is cleared. Please note that you will only be able to make transfers and pay bills on Anytime or mobile banking up to the stated balance which may not be up to date. As we update our systems there may be times when the service is temporarily unavailable, if this happens please try again later.

We know this continued disruption is unacceptable and we are doing all we can to help. For the latest information please visit Help

Please remember, we will never contact you and ask you to provide your full PIN and Password. If you are ever asked for these details, please contact us.

Thank you for your patience.

Here's hoping today's the day...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 reecey

Davidth88 wrote: »
    As a non UB customer I feel your pain

Because my employer banks with UB the pay I was meant have had on the 25th has still not arrived.

I have now paid 2 sets of mortgage and all my bills out of May's pay pkt

This is truly unreal , the media seem to have forgotten about this , and I HATE the way they keep saying it's 100,000 UB customers , its MANY MANY MANY more.

I also know this feeling.

I bank with the HSBC and they are not being as sympathetic as the Irish banks are. Think I'm gonna have trouble getting my incurred charges reversed. When chatting to the HSBC they were under the impression that because the RBS and Natwest banks are not affected anymore they think the roblem has been resolved. Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Credit card payment facility still not working. Hope its back before the 8th as i dont fancy waiting around for a refund from them for late payment interest/fees

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Mine hasnt gone in -was due 28th .

They said all my direct debits were paid by the bank and theyll take the money when my account updates. They did manage however to take their own mortgage payment . They also told me all point of sale transactions have been taken out but I know theres 3 not showing . Ive no idea at this stage what Ive withdrawn , got on cashback or paid for.

This has made me realise how much I rely on checking my online balance and that i friviously take bits of money out all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Just checked, had 48€ available to me, now am €550 overdrawn. Some DD's have shown up but with no narrative, so can't reconcile them

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

my salary of the 27th is now in
    i think i am supposed to have one DD out which is not showing but i am glad of my salary

need to pay cc but think i better hold off

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Wages from 21st are in, direct debits are showing up, I lodged 200 the other day but no sign of that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

A free credit check is pointless especially from the ICB. I paid for one a few months back and it came back with nothing on it. I owe eircom from 3 years ago and littlewoods from the same time also owe vodafone. I am paying them all a small sum each week. NONE of this showed on my check so its useless anyway!

I am still waiting on FIS from the 28th and childrens allowance has anyone had childrens allowance yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Made a 100 quid lodgement into my account on June 20th and received 100 quid holiday pay on June 28th but I've just checked now and it's only acknowledging the June 28th transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Just checked, took 3 x 100 Euro from ATM on 25th these are showing but also showing 1 x 300 with narrative Ulster Bank ATM on the same day - looks like I am starting to see the duplicate amounts that others have been reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

My credit card bill is due on Friday. Tried to transfer the minimum payment so the record would be there at least but the app crashed.

Looks like I'll have to take the late charge and get it refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My wages from 21st June are not in yet :mad: I'm going on holidays tomorrow - I'm fairly worried!

None of my direct debits from the 1st July have gone through yet. And online transfer payments I made to Eircom and ElectricIreland on the 19th June have left my bank account but haven't shown in the respective accounts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

some credits that i was expecting to my account have finally occurred, no dd's came out this month at all yet. they were all due on 1st.

I lodged €240 to mu UB savings account in my local branch over a week ago and still no sign of that one though? Weird isnt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Due two payments from the 28th and I have received one of these this morning, just waiting on the second one now.

I'm still anxious about the duplicated transactions and that but at least they're making some progress!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement