Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

A direct debit from the 22nd only just came out of my account, and my salary from the 28th still hasn't went in, it is beginning to take the piss a bit at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭millymoo

Eft from 21/6 just hit account guys!!! Hopefully more movement now today for anyone waiting too. Thanks for all the help.
    Dya reckon transfers safe now like I really need to transfer in last weeks savings incase i I would spend it but the whole thing is putting me off

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

kelle wrote: »
    My wages from 21st June are not in yet :mad: I'm going on holidays tomorrow - I'm fairly worried!

None of my direct debits from the 1st July have gone through yet. And online transfer payments I made to Eircom and ElectricIreland on the 19th June have left my bank account but haven't shown in the respective accounts :confused:

If payments from 24th to 28th have been processed and those from the 21st haven't, then you've a right to be worried as they're not meant to running out of synch.

Duplicate debit/credit transactions and missing debit/credit transactions are more of a concern than incorrect charges and needs to be brought to UB's attention immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

wages due in on 25th have been credited to my account on 04 July, but are dated on the Summary screen as 27th. They do not appear in the full statement screen, but only on the summary screen at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Wages from the 21st and 26th now in so it is progressing again (got the ones from the 21st yesterday). My UPC DD that had to be taken is also now showing up - so it is moving chronologically in my case (used my Visa Debit as little as possible to make things easy to sort out) but we'll see how long it takes to catch up.

Still seeing a duplicate €100 ATM transaction (like many others here) but there is also a completely random €25.22 missing that there is no record of... :confused:

Anyway, looked at detailed statements off the front page and everything past the 19th is missing, so we'll see if it all balances out when this is over or if it will require having to chase them up about it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

My salary from 27th has just landed. 1 direct debit out also, but another seems to be missing. Not sure whether this is reflected in the balance or not. Have to keep reminding myself of the extra 500 in the account that I withdrew in branch is not mine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Richie Blackmor

dee. wrote: »
    AT LAST!! My money which was due on the 22nd is now in my account, just waiting on a small amount from the 27th, another payment from the 29th and an authorization hold
    from a failed transaction to be removed....glad to see some movement on my account though :)

Me too Dee, finally. We must be at the end of the list but at least my constipated account has finally ..... well ...you know what I mean. Wages that should have been paid on 21st just appeared this morning.
    Now .... I wonder about my next fortnightly salary payment due to go through the pipes tonight ...hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yesterday the put in wages (2 weeks old)and then today forced through my dds due but are still
    missing last weeks wages. angry

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

My understanding is that they manually proceed to update accounts in each counties/big cities so that's normal that some people get their money and some others no.
    Both me and my wife get our salary, mine is showing in the mini-statement with the correct date (28/07) + 1 DD 2 days late. they are not showing in the detail statement. My wife's wage is only showing in the balance; nothing in both statements.

I'm still missing the child benefit but I optimist that it will be on my account by end of the week.

There are big progresses and hope that everyone will be up to date very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

One of two missing EFTs has now arrived in my account so now there is enough there to meet the mortgage DD. Does anyone know the status of outgoing DDs at the moment? My mortgage is due to come out tmw, it's to a non-UB bank. Now my balance is enough to pay it, does anyone know.if outgoing DDs are going through?

A big thanks to all on this thread, a brilliant source of information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

2 Direct debits came out today, im now 700 euro in the red....

My wages better show up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Finally got my monthly salary due on the 28th today. Still don't think my balance is fully up to date but its getting there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

millymoo wrote: »
    Eft from 21/6 just hit account guys!!! Hopefully more movement now today for anyone waiting too. Thanks for all the help.
    Dya reckon transfers safe now like I really need to transfer in last weeks savings incase i I would spend it but the whole thing is putting me off

Personally, I wouldn't trust it and I don't think you can generalise about any account at the moment. Some things are working, some aren't.

You could test it by transferring 1 Euro and seeing what happens, but there's no guarantee if you transfer a larger amount that it won't get stuck in the ether.

Maybe the branch could transfer it manually for you and supervise the transfer to make sure it actually does get to your account.

I would suggest doing any transfers in small amounts anyway to minimise any confusion / lack of access to funds if you do do it.

A few people I know have made large-ish withdrawals (enough to live on) in cash and put them into other banks for the time being.

A lot of people have old current accounts with other banks from their student days etc.

It really is mad stuff to be talking about having to 'test the water' with an EFT system though. I mean, it's like something you'd expect in a really under-developed country with very bad infrastructure or during a war-type situation not in a British bank that's supposed to be high-tech and reliable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Right then, the latest on my commercial account.

16 grand in DD's came out overnight, so they seem to be catching up on the electronic side. They are now up to June 27th.

However, all of my manual transactions are still missing. This includes all of my LODGEMENTS.

So, as predicted. They will get up to date fairly easily on the electronic stuff and when thats finished, they will start on the manual stuff. All transactions done at the counter, all of the "produce a payslip and id and we will sort you out", all of the manual lodgements and withdrawls will then be processed.

This is what is going to take the time. Then you have the sorting of the charges......

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

can someone please put up email address for complaints to UB? All i can find on website is them telling me to ring or write to local branch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Oh I'm p****d off today. Just got off the phone with UB house mortages. Could not transfer money from ufirst account into a second UB current acc to pay mortage..... Couldn't do it last week and on the advise of the branch staff and UB house mortages I withdrew the money over the counter and was told that there was a 10 day extension for payment to allow for delays.... Bull****.... They went in on the 2nd to take the 2 DDs and of course no funds have hit yet but they've charged me 25 euro so and can not tellme when they might refund this 25 as promised. Now when my money hits the account in what 3 weeks, my mortage money will be 25 short.... Not much I know but when your on a SW payment I don't have money to cover their cock up till they decide to return my money Best advise I got off the girl today.... Put in a bit extra.... Ya thanks for that

Salary from HSE for OH due on 27th has arrived. Still missing salary from 28th and no dd movement at all.
    Seems like they have worked out how to get the schedule running again and are working through it quickly now. Will take a lot longer to clear all the manual transactions in the branches since this started.
    Data Entry is prone to error so check every transaction you made carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

Just heard on radio ulsterwank have said the situation will not now be resolved till july 16
    What a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

"
    We now expect that next week (commencing 9 July) will be the final week of any significant delays for Ulster Bank customers.”
    “It is our expectation that by the week of the 16 July the vast majority of customers will return to a normal service”

From MoneyGuideIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Ogham wrote: »

And it says "vast majority"...not even "all customers"...so it likely won't be resolved the week beginning July 16th.

• Advertisement

I think at this stage the Central Bank should step in and actually take over management of the crisis. It's beyond ridiculous now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I've had another EFT lodgement made to my account today, along with a standing order going out to my other UB account - which isn't showing on up on that account. And the withdrawal I made yesterday is there.

Waiting on another three EFT lodgements to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

jjd wrote: »
    Just heard on radio ulsterwank have said the situation will not now be resolved till july 16
    What a joke

If they follow their current form on predicitons, on the 16th of July they will issue a statement saying "16th of August".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Im with BOI and no sign of monthly wages yet, bosses UB account still not moving.

Are Ulster Bank a real bank ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

They've 2 weeks to catch up on, of course it'll be some while before everything's normal. At least there's an end in sight folks, last week there was scaremongering that UB was dead and buried.

More a/c movement today, I can see they have paid a DD due last week. Still lots missing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok, having not been paid ( due 25th ) I bit the bullet and phoned my bank today ( BOI )

They have almost automatic scripts in place , extended a free o/d facility for 1 week and said to phone back if still no pay and they would continue to extend.

Its free to me , they are billing UB directly.

Weight of my mind , hated doing it

reecey wrote: »
    I also know this feeling.

I bank with the HSBC and they are not being as sympathetic as the Irish banks are. Think I'm gonna have trouble getting my incurred charges reversed. When chatting to the HSBC they were under the impression that because the RBS and Natwest banks are not affected anymore they think the roblem has been resolved. Not impressed!

This is going to be a huge problem for anyone dealing with overseas suppliers / customers etc who are unaware of this issue.

It's almost incomprehensible to anyone that a bank could do this for THIS long. A 24-hour outage would be considered bad. This is just a complete joke and is very damaging to Ireland's international reputation too. I mean, even though this is a UK-based IT problem problem, a lot of people will just erroneously assume that it has something to do with Ireland's economic issues.

If I were an overseas supplier expecting payment from some customer in a small country I know very little about, I'd assume they were just refusing to pay me and making this up too.

We really don't need this kind of stuff. We've enough problems with banks and confidence in the economy here without inexcusable IT melt-downs by this shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

More details now ...

We now expect that next week (commencing 9 July) will be the final week of any significant delays for Ulster Bank customers. We expect gradual, but significant and noticeable improvements throughout the remainder of this week and next. It is our expectation that by the week of the 16 July the vast majority of customers will return to a normal service, barring any residual reconciliation required

(When they say "week of 16th" - they really mean week commencing 16th - so it means any day up to Friday 2oth really .)

full quote here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jjd

Savman wrote: »
    At least there's an end in sight folks,
    God bless your eyesight i checked my accnt

today no change at all

I went to grafton street yesterday and withdrew all i could just in case
    At least i can pay a few bills when this mess is sorted i will certainly be going somewhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Solair wrote: »
    This is going to be a huge problem for anyone dealing with overseas suppliers / customers etc who are unaware of this issue.

It's almost incomprehensible to anyone that a bank could do this for THIS long. A 24-hour outage would be considered bad. This is just a complete joke and is very damaging to Ireland's international reputation too. I mean, even though this is a UK-based IT problem problem, a lot of people will just erroneously assume that it has something to do with Ireland's economic issues.

If I were an overseas supplier expecting payment from some customer in a small country I know very little about, I'd assume they were just refusing to pay me and making this up too.

We really don't need this kind of stuff. We've enough problems with banks and confidence in the economy here without inexcusable IT melt-downs by this shower!

IBEC have been extremely quiet on this, surely their members ( business ) have been hugely affected,

If a similar thing were happening in the public sector IBEC would be up in arms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement