Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

skydish79 wrote: »
    IBEC have been extremely quiet on this, surely their members ( business ) have been hugely affected,

If a similar thing were happening in the public sector IBEC would be up in arms

Indeed , them and ISME , I would be expecting them to be screaming .....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brightseasons

Salary from HSE for OH due on 27th has arrived. Still missing salary from 28th and no dd movement at all.
    Seems like they have worked out how to get the schedule running again and are working through it quickly now. Will take a lot longer to clear all the manual transactions in the branches since this started.
    Data Entry is prone to error so check every transaction you made carefully.

just to let you know you really have to check the data, one payment social payment hit my account the amount not correct as my payment was increased 6 months ago by 10 euro seems they are using details from ages ago to rectify my weekly payments crazy situation still missing 2 payments and another due on thursday will be interesting to know if correct amount will go in or the one i used to get 6 months ago, just to clarify for the last 5 months my payment has been 230 and still is previous to that my payment was 220 the one I received in ulster bank yesterday was 220 should be 230.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

skydish79 wrote: »
    IBEC have been extremely quiet on this, surely their members ( business ) have been hugely affected,

If a similar thing were happening in the public sector IBEC would be up in arms

Yeah, you can be sure if a mess like this had happened at for example, Revenue, they'd have been tearing strips off them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Solair wrote: »
    I think at this stage the Central Bank should step in and actually take over management of the crisis. It's beyond ridiculous now.

You expect the CB to be capable of a proactive solution?

The same CB that regulated Anglo Irish Bank et al ?

The same CB that sat mute till week 3 of the meltdown.

The same CB that only has 1200 employees on an average salary of €80,000

Pathetic , reactive , toothless and redundant .. The Irish Central Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

km79 wrote: »
    can someone please put up email address for complaints to UB? All i can find on website is them telling me to ring or write to local branch!!!

they do not have one , same as any other service that doesnt give a fcuk about the peasants who use them.

you need to phone them and insist they register a complaint against your account ( s ) - take names as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Really pissed off with this. started a new job 3 weeks ago and still havent been paid. First wages were due on the 22nd. Been living off peanuts since and have had to take the day off work to go to the doctor and cant even afford that right now. Cant get into Ulster Bank either as the closest one is 30 miles away and I don't drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

DannyKing wrote: »
    Really pissed off with this. started a new job 3 weeks ago and still havent been paid. First wages were due on the 22nd. Been living off peanuts since and have had to take the day off work to go to the doctor and cant even afford that right now. Cant get into Ulster Bank either as the closest one is 30 miles away and I don't drive.

I would just tell them that they are paying for a taxi for you to go to and come back from the branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 m.kot

No sign of Child Benefit,was up to use Visa to buy school books. Need to wait.

But... payment of 2€ from friends AIB acc,that I asked yesterday went through... s way the other payments are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Savman wrote: »
    They've 2 weeks to catch up on, of course it'll be some while before everything's normal. At least there's an end in sight folks, last week there was scaremongering that UB was dead and buried.

More a/c movement today, I can see they have paid a DD due last week. Still lots missing though.

Its not the light at the end of the tunnel, thats the train coming.

Can.I.have.my.wages.please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

16th July. Are we supposed to believe a word that these cretins tell us?

What happens when i start to starve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Geri Male wrote: »

Ah phooey! The account has been suspended. That was the one ray of light in this whole thing.

Looks like UB can be quick at getting something done after all, if they put their minds to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0704/1224319342529.html

Re: the article linked above -

details that one of the compensation avenues they are considering is to extend free banking to customers to Jan 2013. :eek:

Sure, how do we not know that thats when they had originally planned to cancel free banking anyways.

thats simply not good enough compensation.

not at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Jim Brown (CEO UB) to be on Newstalk "later" (they didn't give a time) on the 'Lunchtime' show in a pre-recorded (not live) segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Is anyone else still waiting on salary from the 21st / 22nd?

This is unreal. No change on my account.

details that one of the compensation avenues they are considering is to extend free banking to customers to Jan 2013. :eek:

Sure, how do we not know that thats when they had originally planned to cancel free banking anyways.

not at this stage!
    To be honest, the only thing that will make me stay is actual monetary compensation. Five or six months of fees not being introduced isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

To be honest, the only thing that will make me stay is actual monetary compensation. Five or six months of fees not being introduced isn't good enough.

I just cannot comprehend how anyone would stay with them after this.

For what? A few euro?

"Fool me once shame on you etc etc"

Now wheres George Bush when I need him to finish a quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

My salary due 25th June is showing in my account balance today, and my standing order for rent is showing as having left on the 27th as well as a DD for Sky. These all appeared since I checked last night, so they finally seem to be making some progress at last...

just on the radio - newstalk lunchtime.

16th july - :eek::eek: before normal services resume

i was willing to wait until this weekend at the latest and i thought that was being very patient.

UNBELIEVEABLE - there are actually no words to describe how annoyed i have just been made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

just on the radio - newstalk lunchtime.

16th july - :eek::eek: before normal services resume

i was willing to wait until this weekend at the latest and i thought that was being very patient.

UNBELIEVEABLE - there are actually no words to describe how annoyed i have just been made

And they made a point of saying the 'week of', meaning any time up to the 20th really. Full month of disrupted service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

DD which was to be taken from my account on the 21st of June has finally shown on my current account today.

Quarterly interest on my savings account which was due the beginning of July has not been paid in yet.

Still a bit of progress ....at long last:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

:mad:

I'll bleed them for the bit of free banking that's left and I'll then be on my merry way. Merry being the relevant word as it looks like I'll be sussing out new banks round Christmas.

Banko del Matresso might also be opening for business around that time. PM me for an application :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

bluewolf wrote: »
    why don't you read the thread? you go to the bank with your payslip, they give you an advance

talking about starving is just pushing it now

At work and no time to read 64 pages of a thread, apologies

Very annoyed by this now. They arent telling us the full story

the helpline is now a recording and no one to speak to?

Bravo Ulster Bank.

Nothing will make me stay now. I already have a PTSB account, I'll just go back to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

If I had to pay fees, I would certainly rather pay fees to another bank than ulsterbank.
    If they have free fees for life, then thats the only way i think anyone would consider staying with them.
    I bet the minute they introduce fees they lose anyone who hasnt already left them will leave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bluebell76

Hi there seems to be some movement on transactions. my salary from an ulster bank account has finally gone through (was meant to get paid on the 26th) Also a direct debit from 21st June is showing. Hopefully some more of you will be getting paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

Caseywhale wrote: »
    If I had to pay fees, I would certainly rather pay fees to another bank than ulsterbank.
    If they have free fees for life, then thats the only way i think anyone would consider staying with them.
    I bet the minute they introduce fees they lose anyone who hasnt already left them will leave them.

I feel the same, will stay with them as I don't wanna pay AIB or BOI for every single transaction I make

once fees kick in, bye bye Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

not at this stage!

So basically no compensation if you leave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Extending free bankin - are they joking.

They can't say they are going to extend free banking when they never gave a correct date for when it was going to start anyway.

For all we know they were going to start in 2013 anyway.

I've ben very patient with this, but now I have to make a large payment on flights and I'm anooyed as my account is froze on 700 euro online (and it would let me take out 700 euro that is not actually there).

Sounds better than it is. I know I have taken out around 600 euro already so my balance should really be around 100 euro, but due to be paid 500 euro this week. But not knowing exactly what I have is freaking me out. Should I really have written down every transaction that I made so that I can be sure when they catch up? I'm freaking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

Its gone beyond a joke at this stage.

A transaction for 61e tuirned up on our account yesterday, couldn't figure out what it was as we couldn't look at the statement. Then this morning its gone from the account and about 6 late charges have popped up.

My husbands wages from the 22nd of June still haven't shown up and hes due another lot this friday

• Advertisement

Extending free bankin - are they joking.

They can't say they are going to extend free banking when they never gave a correct date for when it was going to start anyway.

For all we know they were going to start in 2013 anyway.

I've ben very patient with this, but now I have to make a large payment on flights and I'm anooyed as my account is froze on 700 euro online (and it would let me take out 700 euro that is not actually there).

Sounds better than it is. I know I have taken out around 600 euro already so my balance should really be around 100 euro, but due to be paid 500 euro this week. But not knowing exactly what I have is freaking me out. Should I really have written down every transaction that I made so that I can be sure when they catch up? I'm freaking out!

yes, you should. i wouldnt trust the bank to do things correctly at this stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement