Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pawzik

Extending free bankin - are they joking.

They can't say they are going to extend free banking when they never gave a correct date for when it was going to start anyway.

For all we know they were going to start in 2013 anyway.

I've ben very patient with this, but now I have to make a large payment on flights and I'm anooyed as my account is froze on 700 euro online (and it would let me take out 700 euro that is not actually there).

Sounds better than it is. I know I have taken out around 600 euro already so my balance should really be around 100 euro, but due to be paid 500 euro this week. But not knowing exactly what I have is freaking me out. Should I really have written down every transaction that I made so that I can be sure when they catch up? I'm freaking out!

If you don't know what money you (should) have then either you are rich enough not to care or you badly manage your finances :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AoifeN

Lambo28 wrote: »
    Its gone beyond a joke at this stage.

A transaction for 61e tuirned up on our account yesterday, couldn't figure out what it was as we couldn't look at the statement. Then this morning its gone from the account and about 6 late charges have popped up.

A similar thing happened to me.

I finally got my wages paid in yesterday (should have gone in on the 25th). Looking at my account summary today though, a €100 debit card transaction is now showing up dated the 27th. It isn't showing up in my actual statement and I know I never made the transaction so I presume it's a mistake that will disappear eventually. But what makes it worse is that I can't even get anyone on the phone to discuss it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I like the idea someone suggested earlier about giving everyone an iPad as compensation :pac:

They can stick their free banking offer, I'm getting that anyway with my new account in ptsb as a student

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

Extending free bankin - are they joking.

They can't say they are going to extend free banking when they never gave a correct date for when it was going to start anyway.

For all we know they were going to start in 2013 anyway.

I've ben very patient with this, but now I have to make a large payment on flights and I'm anooyed as my account is froze on 700 euro online (and it would let me take out 700 euro that is not actually there).

Sounds better than it is. I know I have taken out around 600 euro already so my balance should really be around 100 euro, but due to be paid 500 euro this week. But not knowing exactly what I have is freaking me out. Should I really have written down every transaction that I made so that I can be sure when they catch up? I'm freaking out!

From things I have read online , they were thinking of introducing charges at the end of the year..

So a free month is really all they are offering if thats true!!

Really not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think people need to calm down a bit rather than filling pages and pages with potentially ill-informed rants.

Things are visably improving. I doubt everything will be Business As Usual for a couple of weeks but that's hardly a surprise. One financial institution I worked for had a funding issue after changing systems once and it took weeks to get back on track. Even if they get the funding issues sorted there will be some time needed to deal with complaints and mistakes which have happened and to reconcile tens of thousands of accounts where people may rightly or wrongly feel that a mistake has taken place.

As far as I'm aware no compensation plan has been released. Let the dust settle, see how the Bank deal with complaints and the fallout with this and then see what you're offered. Surely it's better to make an informed decision rather than get angry at a rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I watched as 2 weeks wages disappeared into the UB black hole. so I took a decision last Friday to move my wages to the Credit Union while UB sorted itself out.

I have a 3V credit card which may get me out of a corner if needed. But I have a lot of DDs on my UB debit card. Plus SOs on the account.

Now wages from the 21st show up as being paid on the 22nd. Showed up in last 2 days I think. Weekly SOs appeared also for that week. But when I checked the credit union for SOs that should have been received, they still haven't. Plus when I went back and checked, the SOs had disappeared again!! Now they're back.

ps When I look at my account summary, it shows the wage of X amount presenting on 22nd. It also shows the same wage presenting on 26th. But the amount available does not tally. Nor should the second wage of 28th (not 26th as they erroneously show) be the same amount as the 22nd. It should be for €80+ more. So the dates of transactions, the transaction amounts and the amount available do not agree and most of them are wrong. I cleaned out my UB account last night and will try and pay DD bills directly or go with the advice of UB and Boardsies. Of course I don't want to be paying anyone twice!

Incidentally, when I do get access to my statement for the last 4 months, it makes much more sense than the account summary page. The wages credits are correct there.

My advice is to re-direct your wages folks asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think people need to calm down a bit rather than filling pages and pages with potentially ill-informed rants.

Things are visably improving. I doubt everything will be Business As Usual for a couple of weeks but that's hardly a surprise. One financial institution I worked for had a funding issue after changing systems once and it took weeks to get back on track. Even if they get the funding issues sorted there will be some time needed to deal with complaints and mistakes which have happened and to reconcile tens of thousands of accounts where people may rightly or wrongly feel that a mistake has taken place.

As far as I'm aware no compensation plan has been released. Let the dust settle, see how the Bank deal with complaints and the fallout with this and then see what you're offered. Surely it's better to make an informed decision rather than get angry at a rumour?

Here here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

pawzik wrote: »
    If you don't know what money you (should) have then either you are rich enough not to care or you badly manage your finances :rolleyes:

It's more that taking the cash out has me confused! I've a bad cash memory, and I didnt note down properly what I took out the first week as I thought it would be fixed the second week. Now I'm well confused by what I have.

The statements that I managed to get into last night looked quite accurate. Previous 4 months.

My advice is to download them if you get a chance on your account. As if there were to be more chaos, you (and the bank) would have a history of your payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Pockey wrote: »
    Here here

Excuse me? Are tehy improving? Maybe for you. I was due to be paid 22nd of June. UB to UB - Still nothing.

Rang the helpline, and thee's a recording now. So they're obviously not taking it very seriously any more. Had to ring my branch, and they're shocked that the salary hasn't shown up yet.

• Advertisement

Pockey wrote: »
    Here here
    I thought the expression was "hear, hear"? Last time I checked my online banking I had €10 more than I should have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Anyone know if you lodge cash with Visa Debit does it reflect immediately or join the backlog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Savman wrote: »
    Anyone know if you lodge cash with Visa Debit does it reflect immediately or join the backlog?
    Any lodgements are just joining the back of the queue.

deiseach wrote: »
    You talk about people being ill-informed then say things are visibly improving. Where did you read that, Pravda?

A few days ago we had a poll which had the number of customers who had been paid as being, what, 4%.

If that poll was today the percentage would be much higher. I know I've been paid and reading through this thread it appears that lots of other people have as well. That's an improvement.

It has obviously not been fully fixed yet and I feel for anyone still waiting on money but it seems like an odd time to be starting to kick off about it when there's finally movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

An Ri rua wrote: »
    The statements that I managed to get into last night looked quite accurate. Previous 4 months.

My advice is to download them if you get a chance on your account. As if there were to be more chaos, you (and the bank) would have a history of your payments.

I am looking at this now.. i can 'order a paper copy' but nowhere to download the statements.

Did you just copy the text and save to a file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Savman wrote: »

until their systems are back up and running, cash lodgements will just join the backlog.

i made a cash lodgement on the 26th, and it still hasnt shown up on my account

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I am looking at this now.. i can 'order a paper copy' but nowhere to download the statements.

Did you just copy the text and save to a file?

You must be looking at account summary, not statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

A few days ago we had a poll which had the number of customers who had been paid as being, what, 4%.

If that poll was today the percentage would be much higher. I know I've been paid and reading through this thread it appears that lots of other people have as well. That's an improvement.
    Bully for them, so to speak. But you have no appreciation that people are scared here. They're scared this is symptomatic of a wider problem, they're scared they won't be able to reconcile what they should have had with what they will have when the dust settles, they're scared that they're being told it will go on for at least another week and they can now see the 'bumps in the road' ahead - I'm going away to France next week and won't be able to go into a branch of Crédit Lyonnais to get my wages. For you, whose problem has been solved, to tell people to not get angry over rumours when the solid reality is enough for them to go stark-raving mad over is . . . well, look to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Due wages again today. Be interesting to see when they appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andyf

Just checked my account about an hour ago and there has been no progress on it since this farce started,for me things are not improving.
    My account has not been credited with what is now a months wages, and now like good little boys and girls we have to wait till the 16th of this month before thing go back to normal,I dont think so.They might as well admit it they have not got the slightest clue in what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

An Ri rua wrote: »
    You must be looking at account summary, not statements?

No i was in statements.. ordered paper copies for all available statements on each account. ill continue to do so and take screenshots each day also to track any bogus entries. Just the one but substantial enough now so hopefully not waiting to get it back.

On the plua i can see narratives and things right the way back to 20th and that now so its becoming a little clearer..

Minus the whole wages thing obviously.. still awaiting mine from the 28th :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Excuse me? Are tehy improving? Maybe for you. I was due to be paid 22nd of June. UB to UB - Still nothing.

Rang the helpline, and thee's a recording now. So they're obviously not taking it very seriously any more. Had to ring my branch, and they're shocked that the salary hasn't shown up yet.

Are you sure your employer actually paid you? I only ask this as we are business customers with UB and we paid salaries UB to UB and they turned up immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

It has obviously not been fully fixed yet and I feel for anyone still waiting on money but it seems like an odd time to be starting to kick off about it when there's finally movement.

Certainly things have improved, but you need to look at the posts here in the context of the entirety of the two weeks. At first customers were given next to no information. Then we were told it would be fixed by the end of the first week. Then, that was pushed out to the start of the second week. Then the end of the second week. Then the start of this week. Then no date. And currently the target is for next week. Not the start of next week, just next week.

During all that people saw balances reducing because of withdrawals, etc, but no sign of balance increases to reflect salaries, social welfare payments, etc. It took Ulster Bank about a week to start properly keeping people up to date and while there late opening to allow access to cash is a help, it's not suitable for everyone. For example, I'm genuinely worried about pensioners who have withdrawn large amounts of money and are keeping it in their house.

And even with the improvements we're seeing these last few days, Ulster Bank still can't provide me with the most fundamentally basic banking service - my correct and current balance.

So in the context of ALL that (and probably alot more), is it any wonder that people are still kicking off about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brink

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Are you sure your employer actually paid you? I only ask this as we are business customers with UB and we paid salaries UB to UB and they turned up immediately.

I paid someone UB to UB on June 20th that should have reached her account by June 21st and it still hasn't shown up. Everyone else's from June 20th payment showed up in their accounts on June 27th

deiseach wrote: »
    Bully for them, so to speak. But you have no appreciation that people are scared here. They're scared this is symptomatic of a wider problem, they're scared they won't be able to reconcile what they should have had with what they will have when the dust settles, they're scared that they're being told it will go on for at least another week and they can now see the 'bumps in the road' ahead - I'm going away to France next week and won't be able to go into a branch of Crédit Lyonnais to get my wages. For you, whose problem has been solved, to tell people to not get angry over rumours when the solid reality is enough for them to go stark-raving mad over is . . . well, look to yourself

I can appreciate that. I can't appreciate people getting angry about the "pathetic" compensation being offered when no compensation package has been announced.

If I've come across as unsympathetic to those who are still hung out to dry by Ulster Bank/RBS over this shocking series of events then I apologise. That wasn't my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

NuMarvel wrote: »
    Certainly things have improved, but you need to look at the posts here in the context of the entirety of the two weeks. At first customers were given next to no information. Then we were told it would be fixed by the end of the first week. Then, that was pushed out to the start of the second week. Then the end of the second week. Then the start of this week. Then no date. And currently the target is for next week. Not the start of next week, just next week.

During all that people saw balances reducing because of withdrawals, etc, but no sign of balance increases to reflect salaries, social welfare payments, etc. It took Ulster Bank about a week to start properly keeping people up to date and while there late opening to allow access to cash is a help, it's not suitable for everyone. For example, I'm genuinely worried about pensioners who have withdrawn large amounts of money and are keeping it in their house.

And even with the improvements we're seeing these last few days, Ulster Bank still can't provide me with the most fundamentally basic banking service - my correct and current balance.

So in the context of ALL that (and probably alot more), is it any wonder that people are still kicking off about this?

Actually, there has been quite a lot of information. It's not necessarily what people want to hear, but that's a completely different debate.

[And I'm fully aware that there is no information they could provide which will satisfy every single person affected]

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Shao

Just curious has anyone who was paid for the 21st yesterday get paid for the 28th today ? I see a few saying they were paid for the 28th but wasn't sure if it was monthly.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I can appreciate that. I can't appreciate people getting angry about the "pathetic" compensation being offered when no compensation package has been announced.

If I've come across as unsympathetic to those who are still hung out to dry by Ulster Bank/RBS over this shocking series of events then I apologise. That wasn't my intention.
    Fair enough. I think to say that 'things are improving' is a bit like that minister in the UK who went on about 'the green shoots of recovery', but I take the point about compensation. It's going to take compensation in the form of cash - that's real money, UB, not some poxy credit to purchase a Henry Hippo - to make this better

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Shao wrote: »
    Just curious has anyone who was paid for the 21st yesterday get paid for the 28th today ? I see a few saying they were paid for the 28th but wasn't sure if it was monthly.

Thanks

I was due to be paid the 21st and 28th and I have received these yesterday and today.
    Was due two payments from the 28th and have only received one though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

"We expect that next week (commencing 9 July) will be the final week of any significant delays for Ulster Bank customers. There will be gradual, but significant and noticeable improvements throughout the remainder of this week and next. "

What the [bleep]ing [bleep] bleepety-bleep bleep bleep? It's going to be another [bleep]ing week before they finally and definitively sort this [bleep]ing mess out!? And they expect us to [bleep]ing BELIEVE them this time? I'll believe it when I [bleep]ing see it.

"We know this continued disruption is unacceptable"

The word "unacceptable" doesn't even BEGIN to cover it. It was "unacceptable" two weeks ago. NOW.... there are no words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement