Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

I should have been paid on the 22nd but nothing has shown up yet. i see some people have been sorted for lodgements after this date. Should I be worried? My new employer and me use ulsterbank. Unfortunately I've been off sick and havent got my payslip yet and have to go see my GP today again and am flat broke. Its been 3 weeks now without pay. I feel sorry for the people who have had holidays booked, elderly or sick people. Its an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I cannot understand how anybody would actually even consider retaining their business with UB after the dust settles.

A bank is nothing without good solid IT systems – especially as we move towards a cashless society. UB simply don’t have a resilient infrastructure in place and cannot be trusted. Even if they did move to make changes, it will literally take years – and they are wholly dependent on their big brother banks in the UK to support any changes.

This is an occasion where the Irish default habit of being very forgiving to businesses simply should not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

JDxtra wrote: »
    I cannot understand how anybody would actually even consider retaining their business with UB after the dust settles
    One simple reason in my case: cross-border transactions. I'm in England six or seven times a year for a few days at a time (at least) and it's very handy to be able to draw money out at NatWest/RBS machines without incurring charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sala wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I should start kicking up a stink, writing letters and giving out to the staff to keep me in with a good shot of getting some of this compensation :D
    One thing for sure is they will not give compensation to every customer of their own doing. They will only compensate those that complain in writing about the way they have been treated. Customers will have to fight for anything they can get from UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

In about 2 months time I can see a lot of scam e-mails 'from' UB stating they're updating the security measures and could you please type in your account details and passwords etc to make sure everything is up to date.

There are those who will fall for that.

• Advertisement

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    In about 2 months time I can see a lot of scam e-mails 'from' UB stating they're updating the security measures and could you please type in your account details and passwords etc to make sure everything is up to date.

It's already happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭JDxtra

deiseach wrote: »
    One simple reason in my case: cross-border transactions. I'm in England six or seven times a year for a few days at a time (at least) and it's very handy to be able to draw money out at NatWest/RBS machines without incurring charges.

Good point. Personally, I'd rather incur the charges with another bank, but it's a fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Dawn Rider wrote: »

Already happening... emails, text messages and phone calls..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I cannot access online but can access the APP. The last time I couldn't access online was because they were meddling with my account.

However, contradictory to what i say previously, I decided to leave the UB for BOI when I heard the 16th. I cannot trust any deadline they are setting themselves.

I told the girl in the branch I would like XX amount and when you figure out my account in more details I will either pay you what I owe you or take what you owe me. :rolleyes: I have only two transactions since the "incident" of €70 ATM and a €300 I.O.U in a branch in Galway so should be straight forward enough.

Girl in BOI said "To avoid bank charges EASY PEASY. If you owe €300 on your credit card, just make a transfer of €292 and then 8 transfers of €1 and boom you have just made your 9 transactions to make it free.(So long as you lodge at least €3,000)

Was with BOI today the guy set up a free deposit account and just said transfer the money back 3 times a month job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

One thing for sure is they will not give compensation to every customer of their own doing. They will only compensate those that complain in writing about the way they have been treated. Customers will have to fight for anything they can get from UB.
    I know, I know. I was in Bizarro World for a moment, where banks are honest and care about their customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

2qk4u wrote: »
    Already happening... emails, text messages and phone calls..
    It's already happening.

F*ck - sorry for the language.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm wondering if I should start kicking up a stink, writing letters and giving out to the staff to keep me in with a good shot of getting some of this compensation :D
    Write to who ?
    I called their complaints dept. After 4 mins I go thru to a guy then the call dropped (thanks 3)

Called back and after 6 minutes got a girl
    Her "what is the nature of your complaint "
    Me " no wages ,DD broke etc etc "
    Her " what would you like the resolution to be "
    Me " am for it all to be fixed "
    Her " well that is not going to happen yet and this complaint won't speed it up but I'll lodge the complaint against our account anyway and someone will call you back to confiirm "
    Waste. Of. Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

Just to lighten the mood - does anyone else think Ulster Bank should change their hold music to this??

BTW Myself and my Fiance are effected by this, neither of us have received our salaries from the 24th, but I saw this last night and thought it would be appropriate....

At least it is on the record now. They have to follow through now.

Write to their head office using pen and paper. Cost one 55 cent stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

phone2000 wrote: »
    Just to lighten the mood - does anyone else think Ulster Bank should change their hold music to this??

BTW Myself and my Fiance are effected by this, neither of us have received our salaries from the 24th, but I saw this last night and thought it would be appropriate....

This was all I cud think about when I was on the phone :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomwVcGt0LE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

km79 wrote: »
    Write to who ?
    I called their complaints dept. After 4 mins I go thru to a guy then the call dropped (thanks 3)

Called back and after 6 minutes got a girl
    Her "what is the nature of your complaint "
    Me " no wages ,DD broke etc etc "
    Her " what would you like the resolution to be "
    Me " am for it all to be fixed "
    Her " well that is not going to happen yet and this complaint won't speed it up but I'll lodge the complaint against our account anyway and someone will call you back to confiirm "
    Waste. Of. Time.

Are you serious!? That's awful

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I am still waiting on several over the counter transactions to go through starting from the 20th I believe. I am also waiting on a refund to my debit card from I don't even know what bank in Germany that was processed on the 26th as well as an EFT from around the 25th/26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Anyone catch the bit on the six o clock news? Missed the beginning when they were talking about UB. I'm guessing nothing new from this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Phoned Sky to be sure about the Direct Debit. They have been trying to get the money out of the ulster since the 1st with no luck, they will try again but if account is not paid sky will cut us off. So it looks like will have to pay sky using a visa card. Can see the dd going through then and we have paid sky twice. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

spookwoman wrote: »
    Phoned Sky to be sure about the Direct Debit. They have been trying to get the money out of the ulster since the 1st with no luck, they will try again but if account is not paid sky will cut us off. So it looks like will have to pay sky using a visa card. Can see the dd going through then and we have paid sky twice. :mad:

contact UB and tell them that your DD didnt go through.

they have said they would honor all DD's irregardless of whats in peoples accounts until this is all over.

• Advertisement

biggrin.gifjust out of curiosity...

do banks report to the ICB on being over your limit, or just when you have missed a late payment with a credit card?

I overdrew by 100 euros on my UB credit card, as I was unable to access funds when this first started.

I should avoid a late payment fee as monthly payment is due on it on the 23rd at the latest. thats of course if i believe UB's new deadline rolleyes.gif

so if things are back up and running next week and i avoid a late payment situation, will i still have a black mark on my report due to going over the limit?

obviously i will expect UB to pay for a credit report when the dust settles...

thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Called vodafone ref dd they have put a note on my account and if dd doesnt go through this month they will take double payment next month. Relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

If I get cut off because of unpaid standing orders or DDs i'll just be claiming the reinstatement fees from UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

I am due to travel to Birmingham tomorrow morning.Will NatWest be as flexible as I hope-Can I go in with my salary slip and withdraw as I need to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

2 direct debits that did (finally) show up on our account were Sky & Vodafone so as far as I'm concerned they have been paid.
    No change since this morning here. No new credits or debits & my account still doesn't balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Just found out I need to travel to the UK for a funeral - I could definitely do without the extra complications this fiasco is going to cause

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

spookwoman wrote: »

My sky was due on the 25th and as far as I can see it was paid, my sky balance says 0.00 and the DD showed up today on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Anybody else still not paid from 21st June?No sign of it on the transactions,but I cant see before June 25th(when it definitely wasnt in),balance appears to vary every time i look at it so dunno what thee hell is going on...dont waste your time ringing them,about as much use as a chocolate teapot,couldnt tell me any more than what i could (or couldnt see).
    She had no idea whether tomorrow's due payment would go in..more info available on here tbh..asked to be put on to someone who I could complain to,and she cut me off..Jesus H...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Still no wages today. Employer UB due to be paid on June 22nd nothing at all. Heard this could be another 2 weeks....and another tidbit Price Waterhouse Coopers got priority for their wages with UB, is this true? :confused:

It's public knowledge that AIB have been processing large salary files for them - i.e. HSE. It's quite possible PWC were also assisted.

• Advertisement

Geri Male wrote: »
    It's public knowledge that AIB have been processing large salary files for them - i.e. HSE. It's quite possible PWC were also assisted.

does that mean that their systems are still not actually working properly? if thats the case then this could go on for ages yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement