Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

spookwoman wrote: »
    Called vodafone ref dd they have put a note on my account and if dd doesnt go through this month they will take double payment next month. Relief!

We're also with Vodafone and that DD went out yesterday even though it was supposed to go last Tuesday. No wages though still :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    I am due to travel to Birmingham tomorrow morning.Will NatWest be as flexible as I hope-Can I go in with my salary slip and withdraw as I need to?

I heard that NatWest / RBS branches will facilitate UB customers for small withdrawals (maybe a couple of hundred) - check with the helpline to make sure. Presume you'll need ID and account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

does that mean that their systems are still not actually working properly? if thats the case then this could go on for ages yet

Money due in this week just being added to the backlog - so it would appear the system isn't working properly, no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

does that mean that their systems are still not actually working properly? if thats the case then this could go on for ages yet

Business customers can do some transfers on internet banking but have to do same day value single payments.

For a large number of employees the normal procedure (when there's no IT crash) is to upload a file each month - as far as I have heard they still cannot process these bulk payments. For a small business it's no major hassle doing individual internet transfers but for those in excess of 100 employees it's not practical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Geri Male wrote: »
    I heard that NatWest / RBS branches will facilitate UB customers for small withdrawals (maybe a couple of hundred) - check with the helpline to make sure. Presume you'll need ID and account details.

Well, that's good to know, I suppose. But I think I'll just go old school and bring my sterling with me. Can't be bothered with the the aggravation, tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I just watched the news and UB have said it will another two weeks before its all sorted, my account only shows up until the 25th and Ive no idea how much I have and there is no sign of a cheque I lodged..
    I might have to consider opening an account in another bank..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Have an appointment on Friday afternoon to open my new shiny Ptsb account.

Will have next weeks salary paid there as I can't take a risk on late rent two months in a row.

Still waiting on last Thursday's pay also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Anybody else still not paid from 21st June?No sign of it on the transactions,but I cant see before June 25th(when it definitely wasnt in),balance appears to vary every time i look at it so dunno what thee hell is going on...dont waste your time ringing them,about as much use as a chocolate teapot,couldnt tell me any more than what i could (or couldnt see).
    She had no idea whether tomorrow's due payment would go in..more info available on here tbh..asked to be put on to someone who I could complain to,and she cut me off..Jesus H...

The transactions aren't shown, but my current balance reflects pay on 21st June as well as two DDs made since. As well as the ATM transactions, most of which do show in the history (some in the monthly history, others in recent transactions, others still aren't shown since they were bumped off the recent transactions to display newer ones).

In terms of reconciling with my current balance, there appears to be one duplicate ATM transaction, this may correct itself but I've kept a tally of intermediate figures and worked out what's factored into my current balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Actually, there has been quite a lot of information. It's not necessarily what people want to hear, but that's a completely different debate.

[And I'm fully aware that there is no information they could provide which will satisfy every single person affected]

There's been alot of misinformation, that's not the same as information. I could understand UB getting one deadline wrong, perhaps even two, but when their on their fourth or fifth deadline, common sense dictates that they shouldn't be believed.

And their "we're working to clear the backlog" line from last week has been shown to be complete hogswash, because a) they couldn't do anything until RBS and Natwest were fixed and b) we're only now seeing some movement, a week after they supposedly first started clearing the backlog.

You're correct that there's nothing reasonable they could have said that would have satisfied absolutely everybody, but the majority would have been satisfied with clear, simple, competent and honest answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

If the backlog is being cleared chronologically as they say they are doing then how is it that some have received their salary from the 28th and some like me haven't?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Are you sure your employer actually paid you? I only ask this as we are business customers with UB and we paid salaries UB to UB and they turned up immediately.

Our work account is UB and the salaries paid to non UB customers went through as scheduled, but none of our staff with UB accounts have received theirs (despite UB assuring us it wouldn't be an issue before they were paid)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Our work account is UB and the salaries paid to non UB customers went through as scheduled, but none of our staff with UB accounts have received theirs (despite UB assuring us it wouldn't be an issue before they were paid)

I'm in the same situation..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

booth70 wrote: »
    If the backlog is being cleared chronologically as they say they are doing then how is it that some have received their salary from the 28th and some like me haven't?:(
    Or me

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Been with UB 23 years blah blah new account opening on fri PTSb getting next months salary in there. extremely lucky that have enough to cover mort and bills with a little savings and ther halfs income. Was all for being patient and suppose was not really affected but has gone on too long now just goin to move and save myself hassle. Know i lucky that i can move and wait for things to sort out and collect missing salary when time comes but this is a complete and utter farce at this stage. Dont bother complaining ringing Joe etc. just move we have enough incompetent banks hanging around. Phew by the way see ATM from today (about 5pm) is showing up online - still movin;)

km79 wrote: »
    Or me

It's obviously not the case if some people are still waiting for their salary from June 21st..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dan1113

So frustrating. I finally got money in due on the 21st (I know some due money on the 25th that already got it, so it doesn't seem to really be going in chronological order) but I need to transfer most of this to a British account...but international payments online is not working, and when I chat with a customer service agent, they are saying they can't provide a timeline for it, even if I just ask if this "maintenance" will last hours or days. So far been all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

Dan1113 wrote: »
    So frustrating. I finally got money in due on the 21st (I know some due money on the 25th that already got it, so it doesn't seem to really be going in chronological order) but I need to transfer most of this to a British account...but international payments online is not working, and when I chat with a customer service agent, they are saying they can't provide a timeline for it, even if I just ask if this "maintenance" will last hours or days. So far been all day!

Contact your branch manager, mine advised to send him an email with the bank account info of the recipient and they will process the payment.

Dan1113 wrote: »

Did what you were owed on 21st9and subsequently got)appear on your account in the "paid in" section?or are you guessing from the total balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

Ironic really as we are heading for a cashless society. I recently experienced problems in France and Spain with cash. France especially is heading rapidly down the plastic road, one technical problem and society is seen grinding to a rapid halt. Cash is king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I agreed with Shane Ross , he was saying , really UB should lose their licence . They are not fit to be a bank TBH

Of course it won't happen.

Watch the Central Bank give them a rap on the knuckles and then it will be business as usual

My pay is now 9 days late and counting .

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carssou

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I agreed with Shane Ross , he was saying , really UB should lose their licence . They are not fit to be a bank TBH

Of course it won't happen.

Watch the Central Bank give them a rap on the knuckles and then it will be business as usual

My pay is now 9 days late and counting .
    Not agree with this at all, it will only make thousands of staff members jobless... I'm not sure they will survive the exodus BTW
    The bank should be fined by the government and obliged to give compensation to its customers and the others impacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cootehill

Here we are now after day number ???? whatever and still no wages from 21st or 28th june for myself and the wifes wages due in on 28th. My company have UB ACC and other people with ACC's with diff banks have got their wages no bother. Really p***ed off now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

spookwoman wrote: »
    Phoned Sky to be sure about the Direct Debit. They have been trying to get the money out of the ulster since the 1st with no luck, they will try again but if account is not paid sky will cut us off. So it looks like will have to pay sky using a visa card. Can see the dd going through then and we have paid sky twice. :mad:

My Sky payment is the 1st and it was taken out today, when I rang Sky on Monday they had not received it but they confirmed to me this afternoon that they had it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It just shows that the Central Bank, ECB and Bank of England and other regulators in this area need to have standards for IT and data processing systems as the banks have no demonstrated that, much like very other aspects of their businesses in recent years, when left to self-regulate they invariably drive off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Carssou wrote: »
    Not agree with this at all, it will only make thousands of staff members jobless... I'm not sure they will survive the exodus BTW
    The bank should be fined by the government and obliged to give compensation to its customers and the others impacted.

It is complex.
    On the one hand I agree that they should have their licence if not revoked then given whatever the equivalent of a yellow card is (assuming this process even exists). It is not a question of what UB (I speak of the corporation right now, not the staffers) 'deserve'. Corporations don't 'deserve' anything, they survive within their business and regulatory framework or they don't, as cold and straightforward as that. In my opinion UB [the corporation] have demonstrated they are not competent to perform the most basic banking function.

As to the people who work for them, they didn't make the "strategic" decisions that lead to this SNAFU, they sure as hell didn't share in the treble bonuses all around! fun of senior management during the good times. They most definitely do not deserve to suffer as a result but as you point out, they may, regardless of whether the government pulls the licence (unlikely, that would require the ability to make decisions) or the knock on effects of this blunder cause them to circle the drain (still unlikely but not impossible). Unfortunately for the staff, their actions and our goodwill will not protect them from whatever consequences are coming. :(

I'd like to see compensation of some sort (who wouldn't?!) but I think this is unlikely in the extreme, personally. For one it would compound their current losses as a result of the issue, secondly as others have pointed out: when was the last time you saw a bank offer anyone compensation for anything? That just "isn't how they roll"....As for the government doing anything about it, well, see above. Otherwise, for myself I'm not betting any money on it*.

*Unless it is something derisory like waiving the fees for a time for uFirst customers or whatever can be done on the cheap for non uFirst accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Just checked my credit card statement online, and while there's still no sign of the payment that left my BOI account on the 19th, a shiny new late payment charge of €8.50 showed up yesterday. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

are people going to stay with them when all is ok, or will ye move some of your banking business elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cootehill

As much as i would like to maybe move banks after this fiasco i probably wont.I live in a small cavan town and up until this we have never had any probs with them and anytie we needed something or whatever they were very helpful. In fact it was our branch manager who insisted we take the tracker rate on our mortgage so i just dunno what to do. I have been looking around alright but who's to say it wont happen again to a diff bank and it would be sods law it would be the 1 i chose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think they should be put into some sort of special status where they are basically have some kind of trustees appointed to supervise a roll out of proper IT to best practice standards.

They should be placed on the board of the bank.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement