Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just received last weeks wages dated the 28th of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Latest from the Irish Times:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0705/1224319428247.html

"Ulster Bank said yesterday, for the first time, that compensation would be offered to customers affected by the technical problems.

It now expects that the problems will continue into next week, and until July 16th at the earliest.

He said details of compensation to be offered, in addition to covering any out-of-pocket costs incurred by customers, would be decided by the bank before the weekend.

He declined to say exactly what the compensation would involve, but it would be based around fees, charges and interest charges."

Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

My DD wasn't paid and I got a charge for an unpaid item, Taking the piss big time, I made two payments to my account on the 21st and 28th and they haven't shown up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Payments due 28th Went through on the account in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elianamai

Just a little info on what seems to be happening to my account today/tonight: checking online banking regularly - current account is fluctuating like mad, balance shooting up and down and same goes for "money available".

After waiting two weeks for my wages, I got them yesterday. Most of them disappeared from my account today without explanation. During the two weeks of waiting, I was careful to only spend what I knew I had.

As has been the case for the last two weeks, I can't actually check to see what transactions have gone through. I can see about five transactions on the accounts summary page, but they don't make sense relative to the dates the appear to have gone through on. The one that makes the least sense is the transaction called "Direct Debit" seeing as, uh, I don't actually have any Direct Debits. At all. This is extremely worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

First movement on my account in a week. A €100 credit. It should €150, cash that was deposited in Branch via the fast lodgement.

Bank error not in your favour. Do not collect €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was FINALLY paid this morning, but I'm still waiting on a manual lodgement on the 20th to go through, be waiting till I'm dead

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

My salary due to hit my account 23.6.2012 arrived yesterday, but my balance is fluxuating every day without any explanation.
    Also my cancelled standing order was paid today, and shows as active again.. now i need to contact my prev. landlord and ask him to give me the money back.. :mad:
    Yesterday my current acc. balance was over 1000 eur, and now its 98 eur without any explanation what happened.. . really dont understand whats happening at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Got paid from last Thursday at last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

My account says I was charged 64.08 for a debit card transaction on todays date...but I haven't used my card today and I don't think I have made any recent transactions for that amount...confused/worried

when I click to view full statement to see details of said transaction, it says theres no transactions to view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Guys,

I got late fees from BOI for my Loan, Do I just go into ulster bank and tell them this or will i need some proof from BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Vicxas wrote: »
    Guys,

I got late fees from BOI for my Loan, Do I just go into ulster bank and tell them this or will i need some proof from BOI?

The obvious thing to do is just ring BOI and tell them. IYou are only one of thousands. If they dont look after it, the hard way will be to reclaim it from UB. But listen, don't worry about it. I guarantee you, you will get it back.

Ring them first. I betcha.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

Waiting for salary since this day two weeks ago. Nothing came in today either (paid fortnightly). If the fault is fixed as they claim it is, how can it be that current salaries haven't reverted to being paid automatically:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Last weeks wages, due 28th, went in overnight. Now awaiting last nights wages as well(weekly) but opened the BOI yesterday so next weeks wages are going to head elsewhere from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

I'm a UB customer in RoI.

My salary due 28th has come in to the account overnight, and also a debit transaction that took place on the 19th which had been applied twice has had the duplicate reversed.

C635

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I'm paid every fortnight.

Pay due two weeks ago paid two days ago.
    Pay due today not paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Still no sign of pay from June 21st or pay due today...."steam rising"...

Yeah, they are working their way through the backlog but its the manual-over-the-counter transactions which will take the longest.

My company account is now up to the 28th with EFT transactions. Its running empty. I have no fear of repercussions as all the manual lodgements are sitting somewhere in their system waiting to be applied to my account.

UB cannot charge me (or anyone else) for their problems. Any charges will be reversed or credited. The only issue is, the scale of the problem and backlog means it will be a while. They will sort out any they see, but may have to be prodded about others. As mentioned a few posts ago, BOI hit someone with a charge due to a bounce. They need to be prodded to get it sorted.

A lot of these fees will be automatically applied by the system and need manual intervention to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Now I am getting a bit thick. Still not paid from the 28th and the money I had in my account has just been wiped without explanation. Nothing is due from my account until Monday yet I've been left with 47cent. I'm cautious of going to the bank and manually withdrawing as frankly, I don't want to be hit with that bill two three weeks down the line.

Frankly, the 16th is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Still NOTHING from the 21st of JUNE.
    Today's salary???
    NOPE not in either.
    what is going on at this stage?
    In what way shape or form are they 'fixing' this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Not a UB customer but employer is

I was due to be paid 25th, still no pay

Employer has seen the money leave his account last Monday , but I still have not seen pay ( nor has anyone else here )

UB...... you are a joke

I won't get any compensation !

BTW , BOI were very understanding , and basically are backcharging all o/d fees etc to UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Paid monthly & was due to be paid the 22nd, still waiting. The 16th of July is unacceptable imo, and will it even be the 16th? They have given timeframes before & haven't met them. Or are they planning on sorting it before, then claiming they sorted it quicker than expect! :rolleyes:
    Might as well say it will be my next monthly payday before it's sorted at this rate. It's ridiculous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Got pay due from 28th June. And ESB direct debit went out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Reckon we ain't seen nothing yet until they start keying those manual transactions - just imagine the scraps of paper, bad handwriting, wrong numbers etc. Then the mayhem will start. I'm not an IT person but wud imagine automated tfrs are straight fwd enough.

Yikes!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Account down to €32 now. Looks like it'll be the reduced goods in Aldi for me this week (and next week?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

cournioni wrote: »
    Account down to €32 now. Looks like it'll be the reduced goods in Aldi for me this week (and next week?)

Sure you're a Cavan man. Just look under the mattress :D :pac:

1966 wrote: »
    Reckon we ain't seen nothing yet until they start keying those manual transactions - just imagine the scraps of paper, bad handwriting, wrong numbers etc. Then the mayhem will start. I'm not an IT person but wud imagine automated tfrs are straight fwd enough.

Yikes!!

EXACTLY !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

well all pay now in except for todays and eveythign else looks up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

1966 wrote: »

Yikes!!

Was thinking the same, it's going to be a mess once they have got the initial problem sorted. :eek:

• Advertisement

cournioni wrote: »

If I were you, I would get onto your bank and request a free overdraft, for one month, of whatever you think you need. I am fairly sure you would be sorted out.

There have been no reports of people being declined reasonable requests. Just make sure you have ID and payslips etc etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement