Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Not with UB, but my OH employer is. He gets paid weekly and his company has written cheque's for all staff since this debacle started. However OH is in belfast since Mon, won't be home till tomorrow night, his company gave me his cheque yesterday but UB won't cash it even after he phoned them and I had his passport. Will have to lodge it into AIB account hope it clears as mortgage and DD go out over next few days, there is also 3 weeks of expenses to be paid,company just paying basic salary by cheque, hence the account reducing rapidly. How anyone can stay with UB after this amazes me. Then I do feel sorry for the staff there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭rozeboosje

My salary finally appeared in my "online banking"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

No pay for this week now. Still waiting for the DD on the 29th to leave my account. No statements so I can't check if in fact the balance is completely accurate and they seem to have deleted my standing order instructions and reverted them to default.

F*****s. Really really tired of this now. Am in the process of opening an account with another bank. I felt so annoyed when I heard Jim Brown bleating on the radio yesterday about how they hadn't seen any customers leave in large numbers. Well just you wait until your systems are back up to date buddy, you won't be seeing me for dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

My salary landed in in this morning. Was due on 29th June. No sign of money i lodge in the branch on 24th June though. Nor have my direct debits been taken out for 1st and 2nd of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

If I were you, I would get onto your bank and request a free overdraft, for one month, of whatever you think you need. I am fairly sure you would be sorted out.

There have been no reports of people being declined reasonable requests. Just make sure you have ID and payslips etc etc.

Agree with this , I bit the bullet yesterday BOI have automated systems in place to give you short term ( 1 wk ) overdraft, which can be extended if still not paid

They send charges directly to UB

BOI were great , and there was no hassle at all , they said they are totally inundated with people phoning them.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

are their systems back up yet? I really want to know why theres a transaction for €64 taken from my debit card today even though I haven't used it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

MugMugs wrote: »
    cournioni wrote: »
    Account down to €32 now. Looks like it'll be the reduced goods in Aldi for me this week (and next week?)

Sure you're a Cavan man. Just look under the mattress :D :pac:

Dunnes is cheaper you know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

Just checked and my 2nd SW payment due from last Thursday just hit acc this morning.... No sign of DD being paid or any changes made to my non ufirst account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm not an UB customer but I really do feel for you guys and I hope your accounts return to normal soon so you can withdraw your money and go to another bank.

I guess what bugs me is if this was the other way around and a customer had failed to pay something on time, they'd be locked up. But when the bank screws up, the customers still have to take it up the a**.

I see a few bank officials are having to appear before committee's to explain what's going on. I guess it's good that the top brass are actually doing some work rather than sitting around counting money, but like a lot of these things, does anything good really come of these.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0705/ulster-bank-oireachtas-committee.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

got paid last weeks money and sky DD went so just this weeks and child benefit to get into account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

G-Money wrote: »
    I'm not an UB customer but I really do feel for you guys and I hope your accounts return to normal soon so you can withdraw your money and go to another bank.

I guess what bugs me is if this was the other way around and a customer had failed to pay something on time, they'd be locked up. But when the bank screws up, the customers still have to take it up the a**.

I see a few bank officials are having to appear before committee's to explain what's going on. I guess it's good that the top brass are actually doing some work rather than sitting around counting money, but like a lot of these things, does anything good really come of these.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0705/ulster-bank-oireachtas-committee.html

Well said and that's my problem with this whole thing to.

I'd be bombarded with phone calls, letters and threats.

They haven't even sent me an e-mail. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Well said and that's my problem with this whole thing to.

I'd be bombarded with phone calls, letters and threats.

They haven't even sent me an e-mail. :/

Agree fully - have been there with them ringing me at 9 a.m. on a daily basis to know what if anything I was going to be lodging to my account that day.

I will be away on a short break week commencing 16th I will go balistic if they dare to ring me while I am away to try to sort this muck out.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sure you're a Cavan man. Just look under the mattress :D :pac:
    Born in Louth, have lived in Louth for 4 years, so I must have got a bit of the maaeness from yourselves... ;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

If I were you, I would get onto your bank and request a free overdraft, for one month, of whatever you think you need. I am fairly sure you would be sorted out.

There have been no reports of people being declined reasonable requests. Just make sure you have ID and payslips etc etc.
    Cheers man, will try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

Contacted Permanent TSB to get referral fees etc waived when my salary didn't go in to my account and I was overdrawn.

They said that I had to contact UB to get these paid. Ill do that today anyway.

Has anyone else had any experience with this with Permanent TSB or another bank? Is this the normal process?

keystone wrote: »
    Contacted Permanent TSB to get referral fees etc waived when my salary didn't go in to my account and I was overdrawn.

They said that I had to contact UB to get these paid. Ill do that today anyway.

Has anyone else had any experience with this with Permanent TSB or another bank? Is this the normal process?

As stated in earlier posts , BOI seem to have an automated system where they charge UB directly for a o/d put into place purely for this issue.

Of course I have yet to see my statement , could be I was misled , but the branch was pretty clear about it.

I did ask about the fact that I had used my current o/d facility before I rang them , they said any of that interest they will give me a seperate statement after this mess is cleared up and I will have to talk directly to UB on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Their system is still not working properly. I'm lucky enough to have eventually received my wages from the 21st earlier this week. I was supposed to have been paid again this morning but there's no sign of that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hells Belles

My husband is paid fortnightly and his salary for 22nd June has not come through neither has his salary for today which is no surprise. I am paid monthly and my 29th June wages have not been credited either. Really getting upset now as a lot of people seem to be seeing credit activity on their accounts now and nothing is happening with ours except debits. Account now down to €200.

I would queue up in the bank with my payslip but have a small baby and the queue out the door yesterday meant I'd be there for an hour which is not feasible with a fussing baby. Oh and of course Childrens Allowance not through either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

I got my wages from June 28th paid in this morning, adding to my wages from June 21st which I got during the week.

No sign of today’s wages. And no sign of the two branch withdrawals I made on June 21st and 28th.

So my account is now showing one week’s wages too much. At least I can now use ATM again.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Still absolutely no movement on my account - money given in over counter last week was supposed to show up by tuesday, nothing yet. Other monies that should be there aren't.

Rent due out tonight, I've landlady given a heads up.

• Advertisement

regarding over the counter lodgements/withdrawals.

Lets do a little maths here

By UB's own figures , they have 30k people going through a day , it's now 15 days since this started.

1 transaction per person = 450,000 transactions to be keyed in, and thats one 1 transaction per person per visit.

It been reported on this tread that adverts have appeared for key entry staff.... but just think about it, that's weeks of work.

I truly don't see UB's manual transactions being up to date until the end of this month at the earliest , and the longer this mess goes on , the problem is compounded .

So if you have drawn money / lodged money into a UB branch , I wouldn't be surprised if those transactions didn't appear for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

The wife's wages from the 21st and 28th have now come through. Just waiting on my wages from the 29th now.
    Slowly but surely they are getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tuimic

Just thought I'd make an account to add some information from my side.

I'm with UB, employer with someone else. Was due to be paid on the 26th of June, didn't receive payment. I received my payment yesterday (4th of July). I have a SO set up to remove €500 on the first of every month to my CU account, this didn't happen.

On the 26th of June I had €77.70 in my account. The following day I spent €49.95 with my debit card. This was reflected in the balance. The following day again I spent another €4.99 and again this was reflected in my balance. When I received my wage on the 4th, the balance it created added up to the correct amount I had calculated.

Now today (5th of July), my account summary shows numbers a different balance and they have charged the €49.95 transaction a second time. I'll keep an eye on this to see if they try charge the €4.99 transaction again or if they correct their mistake. I might go into a branch on the weekend to discuss it with them, though I imagine the front line staff may not have answers.

Has anyone else had transactions doubled up in their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Had another SW payment paid into my account today. So just a maintenance payment and child benefit left to go through. And then to work out what DD's and SO's have been paid before I transfer all over to my new account :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pay came in from the 28th finally. Cant view statement from then but balance looks about right. Now to sort out bounced direct debits , charges and the like. Also pigback voucher is now expired because i had no funds to pay for postage of the item due to my visa having zero balance :( Getting that sorted out is going to involve a lot of pain no doubt, very annoyed by the whole debacle.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

No sign of my 5th July pay today or the SO's and DD's that should be going out.

Off to AIB I go.

Just got off the phone with my local branch, the woman there was as helpful as she could be..I don't want to get angry with the staff because its not their fault and i'm sure they're just as p1ssed as all of us because they're under so much pressure and getting so much abuse now.

She took all of my details and said she'll give me a call back when their systems are up and we can go through all of my transactions and see what should and shouldn't be there.

She also said I should notice a lot more info in my account tomorrow morning, maybe there will be a big update then...?

She also said if I was stuck for money in the mean time to call in...i'm not stuck for money (yet) but I just don't like the idea of money going out of my account and not being able to see where it went :(

Ahhhh I feel like such an idiot!

I just logged onto my paypal account and discovered where the €64 went...I owed eBay €80 odd euro this month but got an email on 30 June saying "thanks for the payment" so I assumed they had taken the money from my paypal. I checked my paypal afterwards and had about 14 euro in there, and it looks like the transaction only went through today,and they took some of the money from my paypal and some from my visa debit..

Had they just charged my card the whole amount I would have knew what the transaction was, so no fault of Ulster Bank.

Also just noticed that money that was due June 27th arrived my acct this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Trotter wrote: »
    No sign of my 5th July pay today or the SO's and DD's that should be going out.

Off to AIB I go.

I was due wages yesterday which haven't appeared so real time stuff still isn't happening. Although if I make a debit card transaction it'd probably appear :rolleyes:

Paid my credit card on Monday with the deadline being tomorrow and no sign of it going through yet.

I won't bore with the several other items that have not happened on my accounts.

I'd say my landlord is wondering where his rent is at this stage because I won't be paying it until the whole thing is sorted out. Luckily I didn't because a mysterious €600 has been debited this morning dated June 27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Quick Question:

I have not used my Debit card in a week. I have no DD due out. My account balance has not changed in days. I now see an 83.88 debit from yesterday but there is no reference to this debit in the mini statement. It looks like 83.88 just disappeared from my balance.
    Is there ANY point at all ringing them about this, or just wait until the system is sorted in a week or two and see if it appears on the mini statement or else credits back. GRR.. Very annoying. Impossible to budget.

edit: Ok, I found the 83.88 by logging into my Applegreen account. I was sure this was debited already back on 25th though!!! I have had no delays with "debiting" throughout this crisis. It may have been taken twice, but cannot check until the statement function is enabled again.
    I hate you UB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement