Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

danois wrote: »
    Well i can see full statement for last 2 weeks now. Got my 15 euro refund from tesco. Now have 12.44 in account and standing orders that were there yesterday arent anymore

should of said still no fis or wages from last 2 weeks and no childrens allowance for today
    How would your children's allowance be in today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Well the €2.36 that magically appeared in my account over the weekend is now gone and my balance is what it should be, apart from my wages and subsequent cash withdrawal in branch.

All payments made by card are there, its literally 2 transactions I'm missing. Most important ones though!

Oh and it will show me a statement up till the 21st, but wont show me anything past that, even though there are transactions that appear on the mini statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

banjacksed wrote: »
    it wouldnt surprise me just out of interest does the ulster bank have a state guarantee? like the aib and boi
    AFAIK they are guaranteed by the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Account updated as far as June 25. By updated I mean money out updated but not money in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

banjacksed wrote: »
    it wouldnt surprise me just out of interest does the ulster bank have a state guarantee? like the aib and boi

yes
    Ulster Bank is not owned by the State and is not covered by the State Eligible Liabilities Guarantee for amounts over €100,000.

However, deposits up to €100,000 are guaranteed under the Deposit Guarantee Scheme

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0630/ulster-bank-customers-still-experiencing-problems.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

My balance was updated on Saturday to show a cash ATm withdrawal made on June 22nd. Today the balance has gone back to what it was on Friday and no sign of the ATM withdrawal. The available balance is not teh same as it was on Friday - it is higher - but the difference is not the same as the cash I withdrew !!

The Ulster Bank "help" notice says it was updated at 8.30am - but I have software that compares old and new versions of web pages- and there has been no change to that page since Friday apart from details of bank opening times . This mornings page is exactly the same as it was at 8pm yesterday. Why do they even bother getting someone to pretend they have updated a page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

The €50 that popped up in my account over the weekend is gone again..wouldn't exactly call it progress but at least theres a movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I'm also now able to view my summary, however theres no mention of the money that was taken from my account in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

so checked my account at 6am, same as yesterday abit of money gone on balance, just checked there now and the same 3 transactions that came out yesterday have come out today again:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I am with BOI, employer with UB

Meant to have monthly pay on 25th...... still nothing

I am now living on savings , and I am spending as little as possible ( ie not going out, my kids are not getting any treats etc )

I imagine I am not the only one , the gvmt HAS to see a drop in VAT returns.

Up side .... when ( if ? ) this mess is ever sorted I will have saved some money

Downside , I am paying interest / will lose interest , suspect I will never see this money back from UB ( I am not a customer so they won't care about me )

• Advertisement

Ogham wrote: »

The Ulster Bank "help" notice says it was updated at 8.30am - but I have software that compares old and new versions of web pages- and there has been no change to that page since Friday apart from details of bank opening times . This mornings page is exactly the same as it was at 8pm yesterday. Why do they even bother getting someone to pretend they have updated a page?

Just checked again - and there is a small change. They have just added this at the top ..

"We have made steady progress over the weekend to work through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group.

We know this continued disruption is unacceptable, we are doing all we can to help our customers and we will provide a more detailed update later today."

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

I think they will pay them.

I have a commerical account and the balance is frozen in it since 21st June. As a precaution, I notified my main suppliers I was UB, and they said fine. I have thousands going in and out every week, but not according to my bank statement.

I asked my branch how I was fixed and they told me they honestly did not know. They have a record of what I have lodged, but it has not been applied to my account.

They do seem to be honouring debits as they know its their fault.

I also have a commercial account that I can't now keep track of and was told in the Branch on Friday that provided the payments were within 'normal spending patterns' they would honour them i.e. don't go mad buying all sorts of things on the business account.

Payments to other banks now look to be starting to update i.e. cheques lodged by suppliers to BOI/AIB etc. on the 20th/21st/22nd but still nothing on UB to UB payments or in branch transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

IM FXXXKING SICK OF THIS **** !!!!!!!

I made a lodgement SW cheque on the 20th june no sign of it
    my wages went in on the 21st no sign of it
    my wages weng in on the 28th no sign of it

a s/o i had set up for the 22nd june only came out yesterday 1st july but there was no money in my account so they extended my overdraft ??

no sign of my direct debit coming out for the 28th june for my car insurance , is it safe to drive?

used my credit card for petrol , its a tiny one for emergency i never use

i went to withdraw 100 out of my own wages on the 28th of june and cash another sw cheque in the dooradoyle branch and i was made out to be a criminal
    firstly the incompetent , unwilling to work with me Ulster Bank employee told me she could not cash a BOI cheque - and humilated me infront of the whole bank

ANY OTHER Ulster Bank EMPLOYEE has taken my debit card.....LODGED THE CHEQUE and then given me the cash thats bloody obvious , without any question . This UB employee made my life more difficult than it needed to be.

so she took my card and said she would lodge it first - I was like i dont care how you do it i just want the money out !. Right? so my name and address are on these cheques and my debit card ive just given to her!
    and put my pin in the machine !- so i hand her my payslip with my name on it and say i would like 100e out of that please -

then i got asked for ID - now im pissed , if she needed the ID so bad she could have asked me BEFORE SHE LODGED MY SW CHEQUE .
    needless to say i gave her the look of death before telling her this is my first time to withdraw my own wages i have no money for the last 2 weeks

then i asked her what about my credit card im using for petrol will the interest be waived on that - then she tells me that as long as i pay it back instantaneously once this is fixed i wont get the interest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im raging im absolutely raging , i never had a bad experience with any other ulsterbank in my life - and i was treated so badly when all i want to do was take out my own money , I WENT INTO THE BRANCH AT 5PM for that purpose and i went in saying i better be nice to the ulster bank employees cause they are getting the brunt of this .

BUT I SWEAR THE WAY SHE POINTED TO THE BOI SIGN ON TOP OF MY SW CHEQUE AND TOLD ME SHE COULDNT CASH IT !! , why are ulster bank employing PEOPLE like this - she made me feel like a piece of **** she told me i could do it in the post office ..............!!!!!!! NO OTHER UB EMPLOYEE HAS DONE THIS THEY ALWAYS LODGE IT ANYWAY .

i was mortified infront of all the other people in the bank , i had the patience to stay with ulster bank but after not now AFTER Her
    why else would i be in the bank at 5pm like , its rediculous .

I work in customer service I can put my hand up and say im on the ball when it comes to my job i know what they want and i know how to go the extra mile for my customers . and better still
    I KNOW HOW NOT TO PISS THEM OFF

if you worked in a bank and someone walked in with their cheque and bank card - what the hell would you do ? WHATS the most obvious thing like !!!

ULSTER BANK GET IT SORTED , THIS IS GOING ON WAY TOO LONG

Davidth88 wrote: »

I am now living on savings , and I am spending as little as possible ( ie not going out, my kids are not getting any treats etc )

Up side .... when ( if ? ) this mess is ever sorted I will have saved some money

Downside , I am paying interest / will lose interest , suspect I will never see this money back from UB ( I am not a customer so they won't care about me )

You should contact BOI - they will be fully aware of the Ulster problem and should be able to give you a free temporary overdraft if you ask . Even if they charge - just keep records and claim back off Ulster Bank later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 djk68

Anytime banking now has statements back online and SO have reappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

My account is now up to date, for debits, until the 25th of June... the important credit that was due in on the 25th of June has not appeared yet!!

It better appear quickfast. Will be going up to a BOI branch about re-activating my student account I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

W86indow wrote: »
    IM FXXXKING SICK OF THIS **** !!!!!!!

I made a lodgement SW cheque on the 20th june no sign of it
    my wages went in on the 21st no sign of it
    my wages weng in on the 28th no sign of it

a s/o i had set up for the 22nd june only came out yesterday 1st july but there was no money in my account so they extended my overdraft ??

no sign of my direct debit coming out for the 28th june for my car insurance , is it safe to drive?

used my credit card for petrol , its a tiny one for emergency i never use

i went to withdraw 100 out of my own wages on the 28th of june and cash another sw cheque in the dooradoyle branch and i was made out to be a criminal
    firstly the incompetent , unwilling to work with me Ulster Bank employee told me she could not cash a BOI cheque - and humilated me infront of the whole bank

ANY OTHER Ulster Bank EMPLOYEE has taken my debit card.....LODGED THE CHEQUE and then given me the cash thats bloody obvious , without any question . This UB employee made my life more difficult than it needed to be.

so she took my card and said she would lodge it first - I was like i dont care how you do it i just want the money out !. Right? so my name and address are on these cheques and my debit card ive just given to her!
    and put my pin in the machine !- so i hand her my payslip with my name on it and say i would like 100e out of that please -

then i got asked for ID - now im pissed , if she needed the ID so bad she could have asked me BEFORE SHE LODGED MY SW CHEQUE .
    needless to say i gave her the look of death before telling her this is my first time to withdraw my own wages i have no money for the last 2 weeks

then i asked her what about my credit card im using for petrol will the interest be waived on that - then she tells me that as long as i pay it back instantaneously once this is fixed i wont get the interest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im raging im absolutely raging , i never had a bad experience with any other ulsterbank in my life - and i was treated so badly when all i want to do was take out my own money , I WENT INTO THE BRANCH AT 5PM for that purpose and i went in saying i better be nice to the ulster bank employees cause they are getting the brunt of this .

BUT I SWEAR THE WAY SHE POINTED TO THE BOI SIGN ON TOP OF MY SW CHEQUE AND TOLD ME SHE COULDNT CASH IT !! , why are ulster bank employing PEOPLE like this - she made me feel like a piece of **** she told me i could do it in the post office ..............!!!!!!! NO OTHER UB EMPLOYEE HAS DONE THIS THEY ALWAYS LODGE IT ANYWAY .

i was mortified infront of all the other people in the bank , i had the patience to stay with ulster bank but after not now AFTER Her
    why else would i be in the bank at 5pm like , its rediculous .

I work in customer service I can put my hand up and say im on the ball when it comes to my job i know what they want and i know how to go the extra mile for my customers . and better still
    I KNOW HOW NOT TO PISS THEM OFF

if you worked in a bank and someone walked in with their cheque and bank card - what the hell would you do ? WHATS the most obvious thing like !!!

ULSTER BANK GET IT SORTED , THIS IS GOING ON WAY TOO LONG

Let's calm it down a little. Plenty of other people have gone through the above and managed to do it in a polite manner with the branch staff.

Ogham wrote: »
    You should contact BOI - they will be fully aware of the Ulster problem and should be able to give you a free temporary overdraft if you ask . Even if they charge - just keep records and claim back off Ulster Bank later.

I will be doing this , you have to understand that I was hoping to ride this out because I was listening to UB's advice this was going to be fixed on

25th June
    27th June
    2nd July

urrrrr actually now we have no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Balance on Ulster Bank account on Friday 13.13
    Balance on Ulster Bank account on Saturday 120.00
    Balance on Monday morning -17.17

I have not gone near my account all weekend, never had an overdraft facility on my account, and my wages since 21st of June are still not showing. What is going on???? :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

End of week then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

My card is still shown as disabled at any ATM so cannot withdraw money (without having to queue up in branch for at least 30min) nor pay online, my current account is still shown as hidden online as if it didn't exist (with no way to know my balance of course), and this more than 10 days after this all Ulster Bank Fiasco started! GRrrr, this is really going on for far too long. I'm living on 50€ cash I still had in my wallet, trying to spend as little as possible. I sure hopee my direct debits and standing orders (oh the rent!) are going through...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Balance on Ulster Bank account on Friday 13.13
    Balance on Ulster Bank account on Saturday 120.00
    Balance on Monday morning -17.17

I have not gone near my account all weekend, never had an overdraft facility on my account, and my wages since 21st of June are still not showing. What is going on???? :mad:

Something similar here

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭tucker1971

Anyone any advice with this scenario: I have about 600 quid in my account, my Ulster Bank credit card is due tomorrow, which is €500.
    Every month I clear the balance on the card, so if I clear it this time I will be leaving myself with nothing due to no lodgements showing on my account.
    If I dont pay the card will they charge me interest as I had money in my account to clear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

alie wrote: »
    How would your children's allowance be in today?

Sorry its not I was so convinced today was Tuesday that I went in to work to be laughed at and sent home cause I'm not due in until tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Lambo28

'We continue to work through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group. Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July. We know this disruption is unacceptable and we continue to do all we can to help our customers. For the latest information please visit'

From Ulster Bank Website.

Great, a bloody joke at this stage.

Child benefit fecked for tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Account up to date for debits until the 25th of June. They've even kindly filled in the correct date that my SO's should have come out (the 22nd) but really that didn't happen until the 1st so now there is no record of their f*** up as far as my statements go. Amendments to SOs made on the 19th are still not fixed but that's okay as I don't hold out any hope for wages this week either so could do without them coming out.

Still no wages from the 21st and am taking screenshots of everything in case they try to tell me later that actually my wages did go in on the 21st. Grrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

tucker1971 wrote: »
    Anyone any advice with this scenario: I have about 600 quid in my account, my Ulster Bank credit card is due tomorrow, which is €500.
    Every month I clear the balance on the card, so if I clear it this time I will be leaving myself with nothing due to no lodgements showing on my account.
    If I dont pay the card will they charge me interest as I had money in my account to clear it?
    clear it you will still have 100 left to live on until the money shows up on card

Davidth88 wrote: »

Interesting , I am now speaking to my boss ( owner of company ) , the money left the company account over the weekend which is new because up until Friday he couldn't see anything ...... perhaps I will see my money overnight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Ah come on you're all lying ....
    The bulk of salary payments are now up-to-date; however, a small number of customers may still experience a delay, the bank added. It said any customer can access money via its ATM and branch network.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0702/breaking1.html

p.s. this is a joke. I'm still waiting on my pay from Thursday 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

tucker1971 wrote: »
    Clear it. You can the withdraw money at ATM at no extra charge until this "situation" is resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement