Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 teddy6

Since Monday I've had all of my 3 direct debits clear. My wages from 28th came through this morning. (children's allowance not through from yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tuimic

I've done some more maths.

The balance shown in my account is my wages, say €1000, less a payment of say €50. The available amount however is say €945.

What they've done is made my balance be equal to the money I was paid, less the transaction on the statement, with the available amount being that transaction AGAIN and the other transaction.

So at the moment, they assume I had ZERO in my account when I was paid and that I made the same transaction twice and the other transaction once.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

I got the wages sent on June 27 today, but they duplicated a debit card transaction for my phone bill that had already gone through last week.

Ulster bank owe me €156

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

my wages went in this morning. Still some point of sales and direct debits not showing so am going to be have to be extra careful with the cash until all this is sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Duplicate transaction was reversed back out of my personal account this morning but none of the DD's or SO due out at the beginning of July appear to have gone through - one is to an overseas company (Canada) so will have to get on the phone to them and try to explain the unbelieveable!!!

No movement on the business account since the 25th (they have forced payments through - if I asked for an overdraft of the amount that I currently have I would be laughed out of the bank but when they make a mistake they can give it to you instantaniously). I am done with worrying and trying to figure out where I am at with funds, I am just paying all my suppliers with cheques so that I can keep the business going.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Anytime banking are saying that they can't access customer accounts?

I thought the issue was resolved and they were clearing the back log?

Why can't they see my accounts but I can still use online?

This is getting more and more desperate !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

MugMugs wrote: »
    Anytime banking are saying that they can't access customer accounts?

I thought the issue was resolved and they were clearing the back log?

Why can't they see my accounts but I can still use online?

This is getting more and more desperate !

Thats nothing to worry about, this generally means the accounts are updating. If you check in half an hour it could be back updated. Normally its done overnight so you dont notice.

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Duplicate transaction was reversed back out of my personal account this morning but none of the DD's or SO due out at the beginning of July appear to have gone through - one is to an overseas company (Canada) so will have to get on the phone to them and try to explain the unbelieveable!!!

No movement on the business account since the 25th (they have forced payments through - if I asked for an overdraft of the amount that I currently have I would be laughed out of the bank but when they make a mistake they can give it to you instantaniously). I am done with worrying and trying to figure out where I am at with funds, I am just paying all my suppliers with cheques so that I can keep the business going.:(

My commercial account has been hit with multiple DD's so EFT's have started moving. Its running empty now as my lodgements are all manual transactions which are on the long finger. !

By Friday, I could be minus twenty grand !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Have gotten my wages directed to another account for next week, but every time I cancel standing orders they keep coming back :rolleyes:

Edit: Just went onto the site and a popup came up to talk to 'chat' with an operator live. This is new? Or have I just not noticed it before?

Between checking this thread and checking my online banking I have become addicted!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I used to have to count up the letters/numbers in password etc. to fill in the front screen on internet banking but now I can do it without even having to think what is the 6th letter etc.

Will UB pay me for the therapy I am going to need with this is sorted and I have no need to log in here and to online banking every couple of minutes?

• Advertisement

My commercial account has been hit with multiple DD's so EFT's have started moving. Its running empty now as my lodgements are all manual transactions which are on the long finger. !

By Friday, I could be minus twenty grand !!!

I bet you to it!!!

I am really annoyed because I have been refused a OD facility and they have even recently been looking to put me on cleared funds.

Are you saying SINCE THIS STARTED, they have refused you an overdraft to cover your lodgements that you have lodged but THEY have not credited?

Are you saying SINCE THIS STARTED, they have refused you an overdraft to cover your lodgements they have lodged but THEY have not credited?

No they refused me in April when one of our customers started to delay payment - big business who decided that their terms were 60 days from processing onto their system (if we didn't like their terms they would take their business elsewhere).

No they refused me in April when one of our customers started to delay payment - big business who decided that their terms were 60 days from processing onto their system (if we didn't like their terms they would take their business elsewhere).

The first of their 60 day payments is one of the lodgements 'awaiting processing'!! Sods law!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I bet you to it!!!

I am really annoyed because I have been refused a OD facility and they have even recently been looking to put me on cleared funds.

They refused an OD facility to tide you over during their mess?!?!
    :confused::confused:

Solair wrote: »

Sorry for the confusion they refused me back in April - but when it suits them they can give me one. They appear to be putting all payments through regardless of how OD it is putting the account.

Solair wrote: »

Request it again. Things have changed. They either honour your DD's even though you are in a minus, or they make it official with an overdraft for a month or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

request one now. i highly doubt they will refuse you one, even temporarily until this is sorted

request one now. i highly doubt they will refuse you one, even temporarily until this is sorted

They are honouring everything at the moment. An official overdraft facility will be the Compo I will be looking for.

They are honouring everything at the moment. An official overdraft facility will be the Compo I will be looking for.

Unless you have a bad history, I bet you they will give you anything you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I've done a little Googling and can't seem to find any bank IT outage anywhere in the world in the last 10+ years that is even remotely on the scale of this Ulster Bank fiasco.

For example, there were disruptions to National Australia Bank, ANZ Bank and WestPac in Australia in February, but they were just minor glitches that lasted a few hours intermittently.

The related NatWest/RBS glitch in Britain was bad, but seems to be resolved.

BOI had some kind of a short glitch affecting ATM cards last year too, but it seems it was rather small stuff and fixed very quickly.

This Ulster Bank thing seems to be without any precedent anywhere.

Is it possibly the worst bank IT screw up in the developed world since the automation of banking in the 1960s?

It's mind-boggling that a UK bank (with Irish customers/operations) could screw up this badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Still no change in my account today.

all duplicate debits still there :mad:

still no sign of the manual lodgements to my account which makes my balance go into unauthorised overdraft.

UB I SINCERELY HOPE YOU HEMMORAGE CUSTOMERS WHEN THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL - YOU DESERVE NOTHING LESS

Talking about UB on the morning show right now on TV3, looking for people to get in touch if they've been affected, email themorningshow@tv3.ie if anyone wanted to have their say

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I am a little luckier than most here.. my wages were due the 28th and they came this morning. I have one duplicated transaction off 200+ that i will need removed. I called them this morning but obviously that is at the bottom of the referral queue for now i imagine. So at the moment that is my only issue which i know i shouldn't complain about in comparison to the hardship others are experiencing

One piece of advice and im sure it has been echoed throughout is just to keep track of all your transactions whether its with a pen and paper and/or excel. I have even been taking screenshots of online banking details and statements and been saving them to documents with the date and time i took the screenshots. Can never be too cautious and it will serve to show them how much the accounts were jumping around. Could help others in the short term anyway.

I decided against using my debit card throughout this whole fiasco and it has made reconciling the payments easier obviously. I was lucky enough to be able to borrow from someone who wasn't in this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pockey

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I am a little luckier than most here.. my wages were due the 28th and they came this morning. I have one duplicated transaction off 200+ that i will need removed. I called them this morning but obviously that is at the bottom of the referral queue for now i imagine. So at the moment that is my only issue which i know i shouldn't complain about in comparison to the hardship others are experiencing.

My advice is withdraw as much cash as you can. My last wages went in as normal on the 20th and everything seemed to be fine. All debits and credits appeared as normal. Then on Tuesday that all changed. All transactions were gone (including the incoming credit which I'd already drawn on) and since then its been all over the place.

If you see a credit balance and can access the funds I would - just in case. I'm glad now that I took as much cash as possible before my account got fcked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Between checking this thread and checking my online banking I have become addicted!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I used to have to count up the letters/numbers in password etc. to fill in the front screen on internet banking but now I can do it without even having to think what is the 6th letter etc.

Will UB pay me for the therapy I am going to need with this is sorted and I have no need to log in here and to online banking every couple of minutes?

:D:D Me Too!!! See you in the waiting room!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

there was some guy on ireland am this morning saying you should move accounts as soon as this is sorted, now my options are move to aib where i have to pay 10 euro a month + transaction charges for the privelidge of having an account bank of ireland where they charge 28c for just logging in to view a balance on the internet banking, hmmmm wonder why people are unwilling to move?
    i have free banking on all my UB accounts and have had for 15 years, i can even do an iban transfer to a uk credit card at no extra cost.

i'm upto 29th june on accounts now

they are saving me a fortune by not letting me spend

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

lislaw wrote: »
    My advice is withdraw as much cash as you can. My last wages went in as normal on the 20th and everything seemed to be fine. All debits and credits appeared as normal. Then on Tuesday that all changed. All transactions were gone (including the incoming credit which I'd already drawn on) and since then its been all over the place.

If you see a credit balance and can access the funds I would - just in case. I'm glad now that I took as much cash as possible before my account got fcked up.

OK wow.. i thought i was after weathering the storm there. Can i ask what exactly happened?

I have transferred what i need to go elsewhere anyway at the moment.. but definitely not flush enough with cash that i can afford this stuff to happen to me again!

• Advertisement

Compensation "based around fees, charges and interest charges" won't be enough to keep me.

Don't have/need a credit card, loan, overdraft etc...suppose we'll have to wait and see how long they extend free banking, if they do, but if anything like the January 2013 date that's been tossed around is true, I'll be leaving as soon as I get the chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement