Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

When will you Paddies learn?
    We won't be fixing your accounts in a timely manner like we did our own.
    And we won't be giving your a hundred pounds compensation.

How's about you get your salaries delayed by a few weeks and for compensation how about free banking?

Whats that? You had that already?
    Ok well how about we extend it until 2013!

Now back to the potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MadMickeyMonk

wonski wrote: »
    pc7 wrote: »
    So sorry to read all the hassle everyone with UB is having really hope they sort it soon.

I have my mortgage with UB but its paid from a BOI account, it usually goes out of my account on the 28th of the month to Ulster. It still hasn't left, has anyone with an UB mortgage had to pay? Just trying to make sure I leave enough in the BOI account to cover the mortgage when it comes. Also recently UB notified me that interest on the mortgage would be calculated daily, would this delay affect this?

Ulster Bank didn't request money from your account, so it isn't your fault. They will probably take it at any later date (possibly they will leave original date due for interest calculaction) , when they sort their mess.
    Make sure you leave money in account to cover it, and don't worry.
    Many people reported Ulster stopped taking payments at this moment.

Pity they wouldn't do that for my mortgage I have with them. I spoke to UB house mortages yesterday morning and was told that UB made a request for DD for the mortage on the 2nd July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

1966 wrote: »
    Reckon we ain't seen nothing yet until they start keying those manual transactions - just imagine the scraps of paper, bad handwriting, wrong numbers etc. Then the mayhem will start. I'm not an IT person but wud imagine automated tfrs are straight fwd enough.

Yikes!!
    Precisely. My wife took out two batches of €500. The first time the teller photocopied the slip he filled in and gave her a copy. The second time, she had to ask for one which suggests that oversight was slipping as frazzled staff tried to race through each transaction. There's going to be months of recrimination

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

For anyone holding out for "compensation" I would say yeah right....

There will be no cash payout for customers or others who have been caught up in this fiasco

Any 'compensation' (if ever paid) will be based on expenses incured in the
    terms of overdrafts, fines, charges etc.

You will have to provide full documentaty evidence in the form of bills, letters etc to be even considered

You could try and argue travel and out of pocket expenses but I reckon you dont have a dog of a chance with this institution that believes UB customers are just hicksville cousins of its banking empire (See Mr Sullivans account that Natwest and RBS had priority when the fiasco hit)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I amended the account my wages get paid in to. Wages arrived successfully in to my EBS Savings account today.

As soon as the dust settles on this fiasco I will close my Ulster Bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

Aquila wrote: »
    Whats PTSB like compared to the other banks?

have a look at www.bonkers.ie, its a comparision website for ireland, it will compare all current accounts from all banks and lists their charges and what criteria is needed for fee free banking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

wonski wrote: »
    They also - like Ulster Bank, have a regular saver with 4% return. Unlike Ulster the limit is much higher - 50000(15000 for Ulster), and maximum monthly deposit is the same - 1000/month.

...and this is a very important point to me - thank you very much for this reminder. I'll be moving to them then.

Got my salary from 28th today. Now just waiting on all my DDs and SOs to go through.
    Since the debacle started I switched to using my CC so that there would be no transactions on my account.
    As compo for my inconvenience and to keep me as a customer I am going to ask for 6 months interest free on my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Live now before finance committee
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#l=7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That was a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

That was a damp squib.

Maybe it will heat up when they reconvene after Dail vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

how long wil the vote take?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if there is going to be any form of compensation for the serious inconvenience this has caused us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

how long wil the vote take?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh sorry you're serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Akvavit

noelpat wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was just wondering if there is going to be any form of compensation for the serious inconvenience this has caused us all?

Still up for discussion - don't expect much info on this until a: the problem has been solved and b: they know how many have been directly affected.

And this could take months in worst case.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

The troika are in town - I wonder has anyone raised this with them as it has to be having a very serious impact on the economy at this stage.

noelpat wrote: »
    Hi all,

head of ulster bank has said compo will be given by way of fees, inteerest and charges etc rather than cash compensation.

not enough imho

ulster bank? more like ulcer bank with the bloody stress theyre putting people through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Got my months pay today, 8 days late.

mathie wrote: »
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh sorry you're serious.

thanks for the constructive and helpful answer :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

Akvavit wrote: »
    Still up for discussion - don't expect much info on this until a: the problem has been solved and b: they know how many have been directly affected.

And this could take months in worst case.
    thanks for the reply, I myself have lost out on almost €1000 because I couldn't get some bets on over this issue but I don't expect them to care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Whole thing makes me feel like this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ToXs

I watched the former CEO of Barclays bank get strips taken from him by the UK committee. So what's going on in Dublin right now is Jim Brown can't help but feel relaxed inside, in a moment he'll do the Red Dwarf salute...and wink at his crew...But I think I'm repeating myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

So much bull!!!

I run patches on a bespoke system all the time. I have been warned that if I run the wrong patch on the system I will destroy my database. Therefore, before I run the patch I backup my system each time, every time- no question.

It's becoming clear that in this case someone or a group of someones did not run the backup before running the patch in Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

accounts appear up to date today as per a week ago - ive been paid at last.

except -

they do not reflect that fact i withdrew everything this morning and moved to a new bank.

note - in the local banch EVERYTHING is manual - pen and paper for EVRYTHING
    the girl i dealt with said all the banks systems are down

even complaints have to be hand written on a blank piece of paper - i insisted on an email address though.

anyway

suck my balls Ulster bank .

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

alphabeat wrote: »
    accounts appear up to date today as per a week ago - ive been paid at last.

except -

they do not reflect that fact i withdrew everything this morning and moved to a new bank.

I'm sure your post will be taken down, but until then : :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

UB have just become the first bank in the country to announce that they are passing on the interest rate cut - how good of them. Self serving I think!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Mr Brown hasn't ruled out taking his bonus :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

alphabeat wrote: »
    even complaints have to be hand written on a blank piece of paper - i insisted on an email address though.

anyway

I have my letter of complaint drafted and ready for the branch manager as their website direct complaints to. I will not send it just yet because I want to see what outcome we see and when the final mop up on my account happens.

I already have a BOI account to move to. I just will not move my money until they give me the debit card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement