Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

I feel sick to my stomach - that little ....grrrrrrr...... I don't have the words - well none that will be allowed here anyway.

He won't rule out taking his bonus......The Arrogance!!!! The Dirty Money Grabbing Little Shyster

Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In my profession, Sales, we do not get a bonus unless we earn the bonus. In the banking world you seem to get a bonus guaranteed within your contract and can "opt" to return it if the PR director tells you it would be a good idea to.

Don't worry though because he will make up for it through unvouched expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

lislaw wrote: »
    I feel sick to my stomach - that little ....grrrrrrr...... I don't have the words - well none that will be allowed here anyway.

He won't rule out taking his bonus......The Arrogance!!!! The Dirty Money Grabbing Little Shyster

Disgraceful

hes a banker. i wouldnt expect any other reaction. money grubbing white collar fraudsters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ToXs

chasm wrote: »
    Mr Brown hasn't ruled out taking his bonus :eek:

Honestly I'm actually beginning to admire this guy. He read the situation well, the other side blinked first. And now manipulation 101, give them something else to concentrate on ...yes my bonus...forget compensation and that you are the last in the queue for fixing our IT glitch. Worry not I'll call you when it's done...

Seriously ... Bravo ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

lislaw wrote: »

Disgraceful

Any one who says they won't rule it out really means they will take it, but they will wait for this to blow over.
    If UB just sack this guy i'd be happy, he doesn't come across as sorry at all, just sorry it happened on his watch- there is a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

chasm wrote: »
    Any one who says they won't rule it out really means they will take it, but they will wait for this to blow over.
    If UB just sack this guy i'd be happy, he doesn't come across as sorry at all, just sorry it happened on his watch- there is a difference.

Oh I know, believe me, I know. And I agree ! String him up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Sent a complaint letter to Head Office in Dublin today voicing my disgust at the way we have been treated,told them we are not a colony now and have equal rights as other Europeans in having our problems sorted asap.....not 3rd in line!
    Still waiting for wages,don't if mortgage has been paid,don't see child benefit in the atm slip either,indeed all that was on it was a list of atm withdrawals.

ToXs wrote: »
    Honestly I'm actually beginning to admire this guy. He read the situation well, the other side blinked first. And now manipulation 101, give them something else to concentrate on ...yes my bonus...forget compensation and that you are the last in the queue for fixing our IT glitch. Worry not I'll call you when it's done...

Seriously ... Bravo ...

They covered compensation before that. He said it was a given that compensation would be provided to cover fees and charges etc he said they were looking at what else would be given on top of that to affected customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

UB doing themselves no favours here.

Good man Pearce Doherty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The next pointless lolcat, meme or video I see stuck in this thread will merit sanction.

Let's keep these threads usable. People needing answers to questions do not need to wade through crud to find them. Go post "Funnies" in the appropriate place. Which is patently not here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

That live show on RTE is much more interesting than I thought to be ..

RBS had issues and Ulster is a victim .. ooooohh poor Ulster ..

Why is Sullivan so nervous?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hubby did first cash withdrawal today using debit card. It was applied immediately.
    Account now apparently up to 29th June datewise but still not balancing. I have RSI from checking the app so much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Eoineo wrote: »
    Hubby did first cash withdrawal today using debit card. It was applied immediately.

We were in Dunnes at Lunchtime and we both watched in horror as the transaction on the debit card was being processed. €20 in my hand just in case. It went through. We had more than enough in the account for the transaction but you just don't know you see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Eoineo wrote: »

We were in Dunnes at Lunchtime and we both watched in horror as the transaction on the debit card was being processed. €20 in my hand just in case. It went through. We had more than enough in the account for the transaction but you just don't know you see. :D
    This is the thing. The account doesn't balance so despite my online account showing we have money I can't trust it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Chris Sullivan seems contrite at least

Shane Ross asking Brown if he'll take a salary cut, quite funny.

unbelieveably BRAZEN of him to even consider taking a bonus at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭Tow

HOLY GOD... NO BACKUP TESTED FOR A YEAR!!!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Back up plan not tested in over 6 months! Shane Ross doing good work here, I think? Brown does not know much.

• Advertisement

Tow wrote: »

theyve basically just confessed that theyre not qualified to run a bank. unbelieveable.

im just a regular joe soap, and i run system checks on my personal computer regularly and back up all my music on an external.

it seems im more careful with my system than ulster bank is with theirs! :eek:

Alex White letting them off the hook, disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Tow wrote: »

Maybe this is because they are now government owned (UK) they don't need to do their Due Diligence checks anymore for reporting to the Stock Exchange.

Compliance, Risk and IT Managers all need to be sacked with immediate effect. For a major institution not to have run risk simulations for these situations and not to have carried out backup testing is an absolute disgrace.

"These guys have total amnesia about what happened" Shane Ross

"We haven't seen any significant outflow of deposits" Hahaha i swear i heard people snigger when he said this! The fact that they cannot get their money might have something to do with that!

Good point, Creed asks why they did not bring in an IT expert to answer technical questions.

Sullivan says they're in Edinburgh.

One third of UB personal customers use e-banking according to Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

500,000 UB customers have been directly affected, never mind those in other banks

Far greater than the 100,000 customers they said had been affected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

skydish79 wrote: »
    500,000 UB customers have been directly affected, never mind those in other banks

Far greater than the 100,000 customers they said had been affected

Who said 500,000 - I missed it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

And while their blagging their way through the questions, I can't even log into my account to see what's happening (I'm sure I'm still down on a wage transfer and duplicate ATM withdrawls)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement