Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

chasm wrote: »
    "We haven't seen any significant outflow of deposits" Hahaha i swear i heard people snigger when he said this! The fact that they cannot get their money might have something to do with that!

I withdrew all my savings from UB.

The UB branch manager said the draft would clear straight away in another bank.

PTSB tell me I've to wait until tomorrow.

I lodged it a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

bravo wrote: »
    And while their blagging their way through the questions, I can't even log into my account to see what's happening (I'm sure I'm still down on a wage transfer and duplicate ATM withdrawls)

Indeed, cannot log in either.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

"We haven't seen any significant outflow of deposits" Hahaha i swear i heard people snigger when he said this! The fact that they cannot get their money might have something to do with that!

:D How would they know?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Ogham wrote: »
    Who said 500,000 - I missed it ?
    Ulster bank CEO in response to question from FF TD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

As they are discussing credit rating now i have a question. I pay my credit union loan every week via DD from UB. My Credit union loans do not appear on my credit report as they are not listed/registered with them BUT as my last 3 payments have all been paid late due to this "glitch" I , 1. will incur extra interest and 2. as they are late payments this presumably will affect any future loan applications with my CU branch, so even though it is not listed on a credit report it will affect my credit rating with my own credit union - how will UB sort that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

mathie wrote: »

I lodged it a week ago.

BOI also take 3-5 days to clear drafts, was told that they treat them as cheques now. UB still clear drafts overnight so that may be why the manager assumed it was the same with other banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

If he says they've been in Ireland for 176 years one more time I swear I'll go mad.

I don't care how long the bank has been around - I care about what's happening in the here and now - the heritage of the business does not interest me at all
    in this case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

As they are discussing credit rating now i have a question. I pay my credit union loan every week via DD from UB. My Credit union loans do not appear on my credit report as i they listed/registered with them BUT as my last 3 payments have all been paid late due to this "glitch" I , 1. will incur extra interest and 2. as they are late payments this presumably will affect any future loan applications with my CU branch, so even though it is not listed on a credit report it will affect my credit rating with my own credit union - how will UB sort that?

Once the dust has settled i would raise that point as a grievance with your own branch initially, and if they dont recitify it for you then take it further.

they have promised to make sure nobodys credit worthiness would be tarnished as a result of this, so if they dont help you, you could contact the financial ombudsman who im sure would not accept them not helping you

lislaw wrote: »
    If he says they've been in Ireland for 176 years one more time I swear I'll go mad.

The important historical anniversary is 4 years; that's the last time UB invested in IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

The important historical anniversary is 4 years; that's the last time UB invested in IT.

4 years is a lifetime in IT terms.

• Advertisement

Peter Matthews is doing a good job at clearing the place. He should do bouncing at closing time......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Brazen and arrogant. An incentive to withdraw everything as soon as the situation allows. :mad:

Why dont FG have Matthews in place of Noonan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

mathie wrote: »

I lodged it a week ago.
    Eblana12 wrote: »
    BOI also take 3-5 days to clear drafts, was told that they treat them as cheques now. UB still clear drafts overnight so that may be why the manager assumed it was the same with other banks.

This isn't new - bank drafts take 3-5 days to clear in all the banks. They are not cash, and can be cancelled, so that's why the banks insist on a clearing period :(.

Ordinary staff members of Ulster Bank are getting remunerated over and beyond overtime for the extra hours been worked

• Registered Users Posts: 30 karr3

at last..highlighting us folk abroad, trying to get information from branches
    with 7/8 hour time differences..not having a local branch to withdraw money from...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

skydish79 wrote: »
    Ordinary staff members of Ulster Bank are getting remunerated over and beyond overtime for the extra hours been worked

That's fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

They deserve it i'd say, probably having to put up with crap from all sides while they work all the extra hours sorting a mess that was not of their making.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

and so they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

In our office everyone is paid via Ulster Bank. Of about 18 people, only 2 (both banking with Ulster Bank) have received their wages, everyone else is still waiting.

Fortunately for us, our company paid us July's wages in advance; and they miraculously came through. But our June wages are stilling missing in the ether.

I was already annoyed enough with UB over my loan. They can't seem to accurately tell me what date my loan payments go out. They told me the 1st, I lodged on the 30th of the previous month and told I'd already missed it - guess that's my credit rating affected. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Just got paid. Got paid too much but still got it! Was due 29 June. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

They deserve it i'd say, probably having to put up with crap from all sides while they work all the extra hours sorting a mess that was not of their making.

im not being smart and say they do not deserve it, they do ... but of course we customers gonna pay for it ... who else

in long run ... and I refuse to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

A small update spotted on the help information from Ulster today

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/

"if your salary, pension or welfare payment was due to be paid into your account before Tuesday 26 June, this may be reflected in your account balance. If you were due to receive your salary via an electronic payment between Wednesday 27 June and Tuesday 3 July, it may not be in your account yet."

(Note use of the word "may" and also not clear what happened to those ON the 26th ??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

198321 wrote: »
    im not being smart and say they do not deserve it, they do ... but of course we customers gonna pay for it ... who else

in long run ... and I refuse to

They definitely deserve it, but I'd prefer to see them getting their overtime pay and customers getting compensation too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

They definitely deserve it, but I'd prefer to see them getting their overtime pay and customers getting compensation too.

Yep but it has to come off somebodys money and I am 100% sure it won't be shareholders (more likely they will be asking for compensation as well) . They would be happy to give us 100 euro but in 2 years they would do their best to get 200 euro back in extra charges.

Im not saying it will happen,

but to keep a customer that would generate them 20 euro a year, they cant give them 100. On the other hand some customers generate 1000 euro a year. But than, one cannot be put in better position than other in this case as we are all equally affected.

Anyway it will be interesting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

RTE news feature on this very second (18:13)

Blink and...you've missed it. Non-feature. I honestly don't know what is going on with the meeja on this at all.

The whole segment, if you are curious, was footage of the Dail committee asking Jim Brown and his two henchmen if they know how many "on that team" [which team? No idea, they didn't say, one presumes the tech support team for the failed process] were downsized [one assumes prior to the issue/in the past]. And the three stooges didn't know, which we got to see them say.

Then a 10 second bit on how other banks are only accepting transfers of up to date accounts.

And that was it. Truly I am baffled. What does it take to make something newsworthy in this country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

2 DD's showing unpaid for me, UB charging me €12.70 for each. I hope this is just a reconciliation error.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dont know if anyone has posted this - but this is current status from UB Website

Customer Update - Many customers should continue to see an improved position on their accounts today, with account transactions continuing to update. We now expect that next week (commencing 9 July) will be the final week of any significant delays for Ulster Bank customers. We expect gradual, but significant and noticeable improvements throughout the remainder of this week and next. It is our expectation that by the week of the 16 July the vast majority of customers will return to a normal service. There may be some final reconciliations required to customers' accounts. We will provide updates daily on our progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Savman wrote: »
    2 DD's showing unpaid for me, UB charging me €12.70 for each. I hope this is just a reconciliation error.

Ignore it ! They will have been put on automatically by the system. If they are not automatically sorted, contact your branch.

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Who says?
    Friends sister works there & they're only getting standard overtime according 2 her

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement