Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
    We regret this service is temporarily unavailable and thank you for your patience.

As we continue to work hard to clear the backlog caused by our current technical issues, we have suspended our online application service until we return to normal service. We will continue to provide daily updates on our progress on our website. For the latest information please visit Help."

This is what I just got when I tried to log in to Anytime...OMG now there's even less chance of knowing whats happening with our accounts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is what I just got when I tried to log in to Anytime...OMG now there's even less chance of knowing whats happening with our accounts :mad:

You might be safe in the knowledge that access has returned, for me at least, and nothing has changed. Still missing last nights wages.

I checked today and a Debit landed on my mobile app within 2 minutes yet my wages, used to pay said transaction, took a week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

We regret this service is temporarily unavailable and thank you for your patience.

As we continue to work hard to clear the backlog caused by our current technical issues, we have suspended our online application service until we return to normal service. We will continue to provide daily updates on our progress on our website. For the latest information please visit Help."

I suspect the phone calls questioning erratic balances were perhaps slowing them down maybe?

Edit: I can still get on via their APP

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

That's been a regular occurrence of the last 3(? someone will correct me if I am way out) days. I don't know for sure why but it seems Anytime goes offline 2-3 times per day, possibly for updates to be applied but note that is pure speculation on my part. None of these outages to date seem to have lasted very long in any case.

Its the first time I've seen this message in all this. After the mess I saw in our accounts earlier and still no wages I hope it doesn't take too long for at least the online banking to return to "normal service"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

MugMugs wrote: »
    Just got paid. Got paid too much but still got it! Was due 29 June. :)

:(

I was due to be paid on the 28th:confused:......still no sign of it ffs:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

more updates on my account cheques d/ds for 29/6 are now off my account, no sign of the lodgements i made during that time though, also 1 duplicate laser card transaction, its only for €12.64 but all the same its movement

Its the first time I've seen this message in all this. After the mess I saw in our accounts earlier and still no wages I hope it doesn't take too long for at least the online banking to return to "normal service"

I don't use the iPhone App myself (I have it, I just never set it up) but a couple of people have said that seems to work during some of these outages at least. But I can't vouch for that first hand for the reason above.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

1966 wrote: »
    Who says?
    Friends sister works there & they're only getting standard overtime according 2 her

some guy from UB in the committee today

Really they shouldn't be getting overtime - this is something they should want to do because it might save their jobs if their customers see them actually trying to do something to ease our plight

If customers leave its going to lead to job losses

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

People that are due pay this week, is it arriving on time?

• Advertisement

DD9090 wrote: »
    People that are due pay this week, is it arriving on time?

no not this weeks pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

WTF are Ulster Bank playing at?! My account balance goes up and down daily surely if there is money waiting to be lodged(and there is) they would do it once and move on to the next account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Nope,still no sign of pay from June21st or today..

skydish79 wrote: »

Really they shouldn't be getting overtime - this is something they should want to do because it might save their jobs if their customers see them actually trying to do something to ease our plight

That's...harsh. You work a 14 hour day (or whatever) I think you are entitled to extra payment for anything after the standard 8/shift. I fear their jobs are at risk anyway but I don't accept they should somehow throw themselves at the galley oars for nothing because their bosses screwed up royally. In any case, I doubt knowing they were working for free would make the decision for a single UB customer; most are aware the front line staff are flotsam on a fairly inevitable tide of Events To Come just like the rest of us...

This is taking the p!ss altogether!!

With all of the issues and money all over the shop, they have taken the online section from us until apparently July 16th!!

Service%20Temporarily%20Unavailable%20%20%20Ulster%20Bank%20Northern%20Ireland.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

skydish79 wrote: »
    1966 wrote: »
    Who says?
    Friends sister works there & they're only getting standard overtime according 2 her

Why would they want to save their jobs? Voluntary redundancy was over subscribed

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

Like many other posters, I have examined other options. I visited BOI today in a busy provincial town with a sum of cash to lodge. One cashier window was open in a large (and busy) branch. A second window opened when a 'business' customer joined the "business" queue. The business customer was promptly served while the great unwashed waited our turns. These type of antics have never been obviously happening in front of my nose at UB.

I left, without making the lodgement and began to reflect on why I have used UB until now.

The next lot of wages are going to BOI, but IF things return to normal I don't think I can sever ties with Ulster. In my mind, until now, they have been the best of a bad (and very bad) lot of banks. It wasn't by accident that I started using UB - it was a concious decision made on the basis of a requirement for as good a level of service that was available.

Still not buying the 'technical glitch' explanation for any of this though, but if I'm proved wrong maybe I'm not done with UB.

Pa Dee wrote: »
    Why would they want to save their jobs? Voluntary redundancy was over subscribed

Really why would one want to save their job!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

With all of the issues and money all over the shop, they have taken the online section from us until apparently July 16th!!

Service%20Temporarily%20Unavailable%20%20%20Ulster%20Bank%20Northern%20Ireland.png

great. so now we cant even check if progress is being made on our accounts. thanks very much ulster bank. unbelieveable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jps44

Are any other HSE workers who are also Ulster Bank customers still waiting on pay that was due 21st June ? I am and have not received todays pay either. Others who were due their salaries after this seem to be receiving it, but still nothing coming in for me, just a string of DDs going out and taking me well over my limit !! And a few duplicate DDs for good measure ! Please advise - and reassure ??!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

What a f**king joke!

This is the message I've been getting too. Not happy!! I'm able to get on with the APP but how long before thats taken from us???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

jps44 wrote: »
    Are any other HSE workers who are also Ulster Bank customers still waiting on pay that was due 21st June ? I am and have not received todays pay either. Others who were due their salaries after this seem to be receiving it, but still nothing coming in for me, just a string of DDs going out and taking me well over my limit !! And a few duplicate DDs for good measure ! Please advise - and reassure ??!! :confused:

I cannot reassure you as this is gombeen Ireland with gombeen banks.

The Android app still seems to be working but not sure for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

You can bypass this screen by going to https://www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie. Obviously they have messed up the link. Also if you have a look at the address bar it's http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ni/personal/service-temp-unavailable.ashx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

jps44 wrote: »

Im in exactly the same boat-havent seen any DDs being taken out of what I can see(could see til they just blocked it),so dunno if my mortgage,car loan etc have been taken,they are not coming up as havinggone,although they should be gone at this stage-so frustrating(and so broke with no money since June 7th....)

The Android app still seems to be working but not sure for how long.

i can't remember my passcode :( Is there any way to retrieve it?

chasm wrote: »
    i can't remember my passcode :( Is there any way to retrieve it?

Press the menu key on the passcode screen and there is a retrieval option there.

Press the menu key on the passcode screen and there is a retrieval option there.

Thanks, it's sent out by post, so god knows when that will arrive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

My salary has landed (should have got it on the 29th, I believe they sent it on the 28th). I am only waiting for €50 transfer from a friend he sent last week and I'm sorted.
    I have not experienced any mysterious up and downs in my account so far. I wonder why some accounts seem to be affected like that and others are not.
    Will be leaving for PTSB anyway, also because of UB Regular Saver limits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement