Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

swampy353 wrote: »
    You can bypass this screen by going to https://www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie. Obviously they have messed up the link. Also if you have a look at the address bar it's http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ni/personal/service-temp-unavailable.ashx

Thanks Swampy, its working for me. Panic over....for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

mhge wrote: »
    My salary has landed (should have got it on the 29th, I believe they sent it on the 28th). I am only waiting for €50 transfer from a friend he sent last week and I'm sorted.
    I have not experienced any mysterious up and downs in my account so far. I wonder why some accounts seem to be affected like that and others are not.
    Will be leaving for PTSB anyway, also because of UB Regular Saver limits.

Same here, salary from 29th hit my a/c about 4 this afternoon. The available balance matches exactly what I was expecting it to be. My only problem was that I couldn't pay the Credit Card (UB card) online, but rang up and they took it as a charge on my visa debit. So everything is back to normal for me now, so nothing to worry about now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Im in exactly the same boat-havent seen any DDs being taken out of what I can see(could see til they just blocked it),so dunno if my mortgage,car loan etc have been taken,they are not coming up as havinggone,although they should be gone at this stage-so frustrating(and so broke with no money since June 7th....)

My dd was due on July 1st and it has just turned up on the summary page as being debited on June 29th....I also received the second payment that should have been credited last week this morning plus my a/c balance....and the other payment that was made two weeks ago appeared on my a/c yesterday....so now, UB just owe me one more payment....and one Visa debit has to be debited from the a/c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

chasm wrote: »
    Thanks, it's sent out by post, so god knows when that will arrive

I requested it week ago and even though their technical issues it arrived as normal i think in 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Jim Brown said in a statement this evening he does not wish to be considered for a bonus this year.

"In a statement issued this evening Mr Brown sought to clarify his position regarding a possible bonus.

“Everyone at Ulster Bank is completely focused on putting things right for our customers. I don’t want there to be any doubt that this is also my personal priority," he said.

"I am personally committed to re-earning the trust of our customers. I have therefore informed the Ulster Bank board that I do not wish to be considered for an annual bonus award for 2012.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0705/breaking2.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

Lads my blance now says 0 but when i calculate it from transactions i should have about 500 in there. also showing me that i have got 200 off chaps international into my account??? any advice on either of these???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Lads my blance now says 0 but when i calculate it from transactions i should have about 500 in there. also showing me that i have got 200 off chaps international into my account??? any advice on either of these???

no advice except to sit an wait it out. nothing you can do to dispute any problems with your acc until they say things are back up and running. calling the helpline is pointless, theyll just tell you they are sorry and there is nothing they can do

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭neris

Nice pr stunt by being the only irish bank to cut the mortgage rate today. Im still waiting on my salary from the 29th to go in although the online was quick enough to tell me that my balance was €18 but i only had €6 available after buying movies on itunes on monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I called to branch and took out €500 yesterday. My balance was only showing as €13 which ironically was actually virtually quite correct.

Today my bal is €345 after wages from the 29th came through and a DD from the 21st is showing up at last, though that did get paid on time.

Fee free banking for life would be nice reward for all da hassle but wonder how long UB will continue to stay here especially in light of this debacle, it could be the push that makes RBS decide to dump em.

Hope not the more the merrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

no advice except to sit an wait it out. nothing you can do to dispute any problems with your acc until they say things are back up and running. calling the helpline is pointless, theyll just tell you they are sorry and there is nothing they can do

cheers

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I called to branch and took out €500 yesterday. My balance was only showing as €13 which ironically was actually virtually quite correct.

Today my bal is €345 after wages from the 29th came through and a DD from the 21st is showing up at last, though that did get paid on time.

Fee free banking for life would be nice reward for all da hassle but wonder how long UB will continue to stay here especially in light of this debacle, it could be the push that makes RBS decide to dump em.

ulster publicly said today they were committed to staying in ireland.

time will tell if they stay true to their word...

to be honest, it would be bad for ireland if they left because there wouldnt be much by way of competition left, and banks could do whatever they wanted re:charges then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

jps44 wrote: »
    Are any other HSE workers who are also Ulster Bank customers still waiting on pay that was due 21st June ? I am and have not received todays pay either. Others who were due their salaries after this seem to be receiving it, but still nothing coming in for me, just a string of DDs going out and taking me well over my limit !! And a few duplicate DDs for good measure ! Please advise - and reassure ??!! :confused:

I am a HSE employee too.....and if you still have not received your pay from the 21st I think I can forget about my pay from the 28th for now!!:(

Here is the latest from the HSE website as of this afternoon which is more of the same BS which Ulster is feeding them:

"Access to Funds for HSE Payees:
    HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.
    Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.

HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers
    All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees."

Leaving aside for a moment that this glitch may or may not have been caused by some 'idiot' in India wtf are the so called 'geniuses' in Ireland doing to fix it??!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

danjo-xx wrote: »

wonder how long UB will continue to stay here especially in light of this debacle, it could be the push that makes RBS decide to dump em.

Yeah -Ulster Bank, the thorn in the side of RBS & now this!
    They won't be able get out of the country quick enough after this debacle - all of their own making - but a catastrophe like this must be the final nail in the coffin for the bank in RoI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Mr Brown said his bonus situation would only be reviewed at the end of the year. "I don't know if I will get a bonus or not," he said. When pressed as to whether he would accept one if offered it, he said "I will make that decision at the end of the year."

What I find most amazing is that the man actually believes he will still be in that position at the end of the year. How delusional can you get. No wonder they are in such a mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

skydish79 wrote: »
    Ordinary staff members of Ulster Bank are getting remunerated over and beyond overtime for the extra hours been worked
    That's fair enough
    chasm wrote: »
    They deserve it i'd say, probably having to put up with crap from all sides while they work all the extra hours sorting a mess that was not of their making.
    Ilovelucy wrote: »
    and so they should be.
    198321 wrote: »
    im not being smart and say they do not deserve it, they do ... but of course we customers gonna pay for it ... who else

in long run ... and I refuse to
    They definitely deserve it, but I'd prefer to see them getting their overtime pay and customers getting compensation too.
    198321 wrote: »
    Yep but it has to come off somebodys money and I am 100% sure it won't be shareholders (more likely they will be asking for compensation as well) . They would be happy to give us 100 euro but in 2 years they would do their best to get 200 euro back in extra charges.

Im not saying it will happen,

but to keep a customer that would generate them 20 euro a year, they cant give them 100. On the other hand some customers generate 1000 euro a year. But than, one cannot be put in better position than other in this case as we are all equally affected.

Anyway it will be interesting to watch.
    1966 wrote: »
    Who says?
    Friends sister works there & they're only getting standard overtime according 2 her
    skydish79 wrote: »
    some guy from UB in the committee today

Really they shouldn't be getting overtime - this is something they should want to do because it might save their jobs if their customers see them actually trying to do something to ease our plight

If customers leave its going to lead to job losses
    Domhnall66 wrote: »
    That's...harsh. You work a 14 hour day (or whatever) I think you are entitled to extra payment for anything after the standard 8/shift. I fear their jobs are at risk anyway but I don't accept they should somehow throw themselves at the galley oars for nothing because their bosses screwed up royally. In any case, I doubt knowing they were working for free would make the decision for a single UB customer; most are aware the front line staff are flotsam on a fairly inevitable tide of Events To Come just like the rest of us...

They're getting standard overtime rates (i.e. time and a half).
    Why should they work extra hours for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

Tried taking money out of an atm today.... ATM said transaction failed.... but the money still went out of my account :(.

garys wrote: »
    Tried taking money out of an atm today.... ATM said transaction failed.... but the money still went out of my account :(.

It might correct itself overnight. Wait until tomorrow before panicking.

Where was the ATM (attached to bank or in shop etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Account is all up to date as of 4pm today.
    Im taking out a good lot of cash tomorrow just in case though

Geri Male wrote: »
    It might correct itself overnight. Wait until tomorrow before panicking.

Where was the ATM (attached to bank or in shop etc)?

In a shop (Dunnes near the Ilac centre) .... hope it does correct itself... first attempt at withdrawing money since my wages went into the account a week later than they should have and that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

garys wrote: »
    Same thing happened to the wife. Machine said "Error", no cash dispensed but account debited. A week later the money is still outstanding. UB say they have no idea on when the money will return.

Same thing happened to the wife. Machine said "Error", no cash dispensed but account debited. A week later the money is still outstanding. UB say they have no idea on when the money will return.

Doesn't sound too good....

Ulster Bank aren't helping their cause much.

If that happens get your branch to file an ATM dispute form with the relevant bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Geri Male wrote: »
    If that happens get your branch to file an ATM dispute form with the relevant bank.
    Done. UB did say they had no idea on a resolution time frame.

UB did say they had no idea on a resolution time frame.

Wrong. UB were very very clear about the resolution timeframe.

Everything to be fixed by Mon 25th June, sorry Fri 29th June, sorry for Mon 2nd July, sorry on Mon 2nd July, sorry Wed 5th July, sorry Mon 9th July, sorry Mon 16th July

Couldn't have been clearer really..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

I can now pay my credit card online which I havent been able to for the last 2 weeks. Another small step towards normality. We're getting there slowly but surely

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Wrong. UB were very very clear about the resolution timeframe.

Everything to be fixed by Mon 25th June, sorry Fri 29th June, sorry for Mon 2nd July, sorry on Mon 2nd July, sorry Wed 5th July, sorry Mon 9th July, sorry Mon 16th July

Couldn't have been clearer really..........

at this stage i really wont be surprised if is extended yet again!

Anybody who is familiar with the language Central Bankers use in their Public Pronouncements will appreciate the significance of some of what is being said (and not said) here - in public, on their website:

Opening Statement by Bernard Sheridan, Director of Consumer Protection, to the Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform

http://www.centralbank.ie/press-area/speeches/Pages/OpeningStatementbyBernardSheridanJOC4July.aspx

at this stage i really wont be surprised if is extended yet again!

it already has
    It is our expectation that by the week of the 16 July the vast majority of customers will return to a normal service.

Which in plain language can be writted "Not all account will be up to date by the 16th of July"

Further qualified with
    There may be some final reconciliations required to customers' accounts. We will provide updates daily on our progress.

Which in the vernacular would read....... On 16th July many customers accounts will be missing the odd transaction or two and it will take a considerable amount of time, ours and the customer's, to track these down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

Hes giving up his bonus

I just check my account there there was no developments at 4pm today
    but i just check an hour ago and my s/o and direct debits were taken which im happy about so i dont have to ringing up other companys

really interested to know what the compensation is going to be for us all

like i hope its something extra other than our direct debit fees being paid and any interest i just read there that some people could not get money out on holidays , i would die !!

must be even more harder for the social welfare recipents

oh ya my wages didnt go in today either but at least i can see stuff happening now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement