Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

elaney wrote: »
    I had to pay my cc in the bank itself. The girl behind the counter said it won't be in by the 11th when its due. I asked if i would be charged late fees and she just said in a bored voice "yes". I am getting sick of it now no standing orders taken, no childrens allowance and staff who think we are an inconvienience.

So when you get the fee on a statement, take your receipt into UB showing you paid on time, and get a refund. Be polite, and get it. They cannot refuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I got paid on the 28th. My account today says I also got paid again on the 29th.

Standing orders are showing as having left the account on the 29th still haven't reached destinations.

Why do I think the 16th to have this all sorted is more than just a bit optimistic. :rolleyes:

Thankfully unaffected as I haven't used that account in a long time... But this does give a small insight into what could happen if banks were allowed to fail in an unorganised manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Standing order & direct debit due to leave 1st have gone from the account dated 2nd July. Mortgage DD due to leave 1st hasn't been taken. No child benefit yet. I can't make credit card payment either which is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Looks like I'm a bit more up to date today. The only wages I'm missing is the one that was due last night so hopefully that is sorted before next friday and I will be up to date once again.

Got charged an unpaid S/O charge though last week which wouldn't of happened if my wages went through, so I'll give them a call to get a refund!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Thankfully unaffected as I haven't used that account in a long time... But this does give a small insight into what could happen if banks were allowed to fail in an unorganised manner.

Think I'll be digging up my old post office book & saving in there from now on like we used to as kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Or if they were Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

Interest charged to my UB credit card this morning, despite paying it twice, in branch and online when the service came back up:mad:. This has really annoyed me! I know i will get it back, but ....grrrr.
    I've an appointment with PTSB today, UB account is gradually updating, no idea how much I have or don't have, some credits still outstanding. And now they're saying it'll be the week of 16th July before its fully operational, just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

ebbsy wrote: »
    Or if they were Irish.

They're owned by RBS :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

can get in to my commercial account now, transactions up to 2/7,still no sign of the lodgements i made last week:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭B9K9

is anybody going to ask for compensation? I think I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on a salary payment due from 21/06. Still haven't received mine yet.

Right here!
    Same boat as you. It's really quite upsetting at this stage. My landlord has been patient so far, but I'm going to have to take time off work to go and pay him.

I should demand reimbursement for that time off work. That's effectively a half day's salary i'm losing due to this. Amongst other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nothing has changed on my account in days now, my balance still shows -11.83, no record of lodgements or anything else. I will almost certainly be going back to the TSB when they sort this mess out, I really liked UB up to this point, I could just no longer have confidence in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Anyone have card payments showing up twice?? I had two transactions showing up ok on Wednesday but since yesterday it is showing that I have paid out double the amount that I should have!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Anyone have card payments showing up twice?? I had two transactions showing up ok on Wednesday but since yesterday it is showing that I have paid out double the amount that I should have!!
    yes this has happened me a few times , give it a few days and it will sort itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brightseasons

Eoineo wrote: »
    Standing order & direct debit due to leave 1st have gone from the account dated 2nd July. Mortgage DD due to leave 1st hasn't been taken. No child benefit yet. I can't make credit card payment either which is frustrating.

What government authority is guaranteeing that our money is safe in the ulster bank, we are in a recession many of us are reliant on a small weekly wage to keep our heads above water and struggling to get money to cover back to school expenses in September ; we have enough pressure and stress without having to fight for a couple of 12. 70,s added to our accounts because of this fiasco. It is so embarrassing to go into your local branch and try to rectify these issues when you are talking about a couple of hundred euro and it is also soul destroying , when I was working and on a good wage I was much more confident in dealing with stuff like this now when I really need to be vigilant about such things I find I cower behind the queue whispering to the teller embarrassed to ask for my money. These things happen I know but surely some government authority is accountable .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

i now see that i have had 1500 worth of duplicate visa debit transactions withdrawn from my account in the last week! didn't keep a record of atm withdrawals and looks like there's a few of them too.

This is my BIGGEST worry and annoyance here. I too have mltiple duplicate transactions debited from my account. A cashback transaction I did in a pub is there twice in a row on June 27th. Will these mistakes be corrected if I miss them. I doubt it?! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

ellieh1 wrote: »

Yeah same here.... Do they sort themselves or do we need to ring them. I'm ringing them anyway. annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Done. UB did say they had no idea on a resolution time frame.

It depends on how often that ATM is balanced. Usually those off-site ones are balanced weekly by the likes of Securicor / Brinks Allied. The refund will have to come from the bank that owns it so you're looking at around two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I had another EFT credited to my account today, that's one every day since Tuesday. The only one I'm owed now is Child Benefit. Hopefully that will go through tomorrow.

Scheduled standing orders are not going out as they should, ATM withdrawals are showing up right away.

I opened an account with PTSB last Friday, received my PIN yesterday and my Visa Debit card today. It's not a difficult process as some are making it out to be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Right here!
    Same boat as you. It's really quite upsetting at this stage. My landlord has been patient so far, but I'm going to have to take time off work to go and pay him.

I should demand reimbursement for that time off work. That's effectively a half day's salary i'm losing due to this. Amongst other things.

If you had your rent going out normally in a standing order, they'll still put it through so you'll be charged that as well. Just a heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Geri Male wrote: »
    It depends on how often that ATM is balanced. Usually those off-site ones are balanced weekly by the likes of Securicor / Brinks Allied. The refund will have to come from the bank that owns it so you're looking at around two weeks.

What about Ulster's own ATMs? My account shows a duplicate ATM transaction from the 22nd, which was from the Ulster Bank Baggot street ATM. It still hasn't corrected itself and now I can't even see the duplicate since it's moved off the online banking front screen and detailed statements are not updated since the 19th. Took a screenshot anyway but just wondering if it will sort itself out any time soon... Feels pointless calling the "helpline"...

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Battleflag wrote: »
    Looks like I'm a bit more up to date today. The only wages I'm missing is the one that was due last night so hopefully that is sorted before next friday and I will be up to date once again.

Got charged an unpaid S/O charge though last week which wouldn't of happened if my wages went through, so I'll give them a call to get a refund!
    `

I have a nice 12.70 charge myself.. id say we will be waiting a while on that! Or could they just push that amount through from referrals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Small bit pf progress according to this - but still slightly vague "

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/problems-at-ulster-bank.html

"If your salary, pension or welfare payment was due to be paid into your account before Wednesday 27 June, this may be reflected in your account balance. If you were due to receive your salary via an electronic payment between Thursday 28 June and Wednesday 4th July, it may not be in your account yet."

Eoineo wrote: »

July 1 was a Sunday so they wouldn't have been debited on that day anyway - even if the crash hadn't happened.

100gSoma wrote: »
    Yeah same here.... Do they sort themselves or do we need to ring them. I'm ringing them anyway. annoyed

I have one too.

Wait a few days. They should be reversed or drop off.

I had another EFT credited to my account today, that's one every day since Tuesday. The only one I'm owed now is Child Benefit. Hopefully that will go through tomorrow.

Scheduled standing orders are not going out as they should, ATM withdrawals are showing up right away.

ATM withdrawals = real time transactions.
    Standing orders = batch processing. Still behind but catching up.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

If you had your rent going out normally in a standing order, they'll still put it through so you'll be charged that as well. Just a heads-up.

Nah, always did a manual transfer to my landlord, always preferred it that way. But cheers for the heads up.
    Well I checked with my employer this morning, and my MD is also in the same boat as me, along with five other employees. All supposed to be paid 21/22nd June, no sign of it. DD's are leaving my account, and i've about 20 euro of charges on my credit card for late payment, interest etc.

I know they'll sort these out, but it's just an annoyance at this stage not being able to use anything for online bookings etc. Concert tickets (can't get to an outlet), flights i wanted to book etc,

• Advertisement

J-blk wrote: »
    What about Ulster's own ATMs? My account shows a duplicate ATM transaction from the 22nd, which was from the Ulster Bank Baggot street ATM. It still hasn't corrected itself and now I can't even see the duplicate since it's moved off the online banking front screen and detailed statements are not updated since the 19th. Took a screenshot anyway but just wondering if it will sort itself out any time soon... Feels pointless calling the "helpline"...

The "last month" statement isn't right but is the two weeks statement option not showing it?

A duplicate ATM transaction isnt the same as asking for money, being debited and getting none.

There's lots of duplicate transactions that should sort themselves out. If not I'd notify your branch in a few days and ask them to investigate and correct it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement