Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Geri Male wrote: »
    The "last month" statement isn't right but is the two weeks statement option not showing it?

Thanks, I hadn't tried the 2 weeks option - that does show everything, including the duplicate. Anyway, will wait it out until next week and see if it sorts itself out or chase them. There's a "mystery" €25.22 missing somewhere too that no transaction exists for and I know I don't have any transaction for that amount...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭BigGrayKettle

€1,200 outstanding now from two different payments as far back as the 25th. Going to be a very tight weekend :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

€1,200 outstanding now from two different payments as far back as the 25th. Going to be a very tight weekend :mad:

Why can't you just get cash out at a branch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Eoineo wrote: »
    Standing order & direct debit due to leave 1st have gone from the account dated 2nd July. Mortgage DD due to leave 1st hasn't been taken. No child benefit yet. I can't make credit card payment either which is frustrating.

What government authority is guaranteeing that our money is safe in the ulster bank, we are in a recession many of us are reliant on a small weekly wage to keep our heads above water and struggling to get money to cover back to school expenses in September ; we have enough pressure and stress without having to fight for a couple of 12. 70,s added to our accounts because of this fiasco. It is so embarrassing to go into your local branch and try to rectify these issues when you are talking about a couple of hundred euro and it is also soul destroying , when I was working and on a good wage I was much more confident in dealing with stuff like this now when I really need to be vigilant about such things I find I cower behind the queue whispering to the teller embarrassed to ask for my money. These things happen I know but surely some government authority is accountable .

Nothing to be embarrassed about! We're all in the same boat. I would go after them for every last incorrectly accounted for cent, never mind Euro. Even if I had a lot of money, I still wouldn't be too keen to donate it to an incompetent bank's bottom line!

As for government agencies, I don't really think the consequences for doing this are severe enough. They should be facing a MASSIVE daily fine for this.

Then again, I don't think anyone (including UK and Irish regulatory authorities) ever thought that a bank could be this incompetent. It's absolutely jaw dropping stuff. You literally couldn't make it up.

Also, the IT screw up is in the UK, so I think our lot need to put a lot more pressure on their UK counterparts and perhaps work with NI politicians to keep the pressure on.

The situation is a farce and you've nothing to be embarrassed about, the bank should be red faced and grovelling to you over their enormous screw up! Go in there and get everything last cent back! It's YOUR money!

You should include a large invoice for lost time and inconvenience caused too! I can assure you that they'd charge you large fees if you delayed payment to them!

If you've had to pay for taxis, child minders etc as a result of this, I would send them the bill!

Ogham wrote: »
    Why can't you just get cash out at a branch ?

I don't think I can. One of these payments, for about €700 is to be deposited into my BoI account, but is being processed by Ulster Bank Merchant Services, so it's totally out of my control.

The second payment for €500 is an expenses payment from my employer into my UB account, so I don't think they would accept an expenses form to prove payment, or would they?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭NWPat

Only a "handful" of complaints have been made to the financial ombudsman, if you want to make a complaint fill in this form:

http://www.financialombudsman.ie/making-a-complaint/FSOB-Complaint-Form2011.pdf

No complaints = No problem!!!!

I don't think I can. One of these payments, for about €700 is to be deposited into my BoI account, but is being processed by Ulster Bank Merchant Services, so it's totally out of my control.

The second payment for €500 is an expenses payment from my employer into my UB account, so I don't think they would accept an expenses form to prove payment, or would they?!

They should if it shows payment date .
    Also - don't worry about going overdrawn at BOI - some people have reported temp free overdraft where payments coming via Ulster. If they do charge- then reclaim off Ulster eventually (hassle I know).

NWPat wrote: »
    Only a "handful" of complaints have been made to the financial ombudsman, if you want to make a complaint fill in this form:

No good making a complaint direct to FSO yet. All complaints and requests for compensation have to go to the bank first - if they don't sort it out THEN you go to FSO. Probably best to wait until you have a full picture of refunds and expenses and "distress" you want compensation for. It's not over yet. Keep records.
    Good Advice here - Ulster Bank Compensation

They should if it shows payment date .
    Also - don't worry about going overdrawn at BOI - some people have reported temp free overdraft where payments coming via Ulster. If they do charge- then reclaim off Ulster eventually (hassle I know).

Thanks a million for the advice, I will drop up to the branch at lunch time and see what can be done.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Fair play. I also emailed letter to National Consumer Agency. And the Ulster Bank customer relations (sent them hard copy too), and the Ombudsman. Make the problem visible. If it's affected/affecting you, then send an email to each of the above. The number of complaints will also weigh in if compensation is to be given or not.
    I've found this whole experiencing, stressful, tiring, inconvenient, and uncertain since it began.

I spoke to the staff today. I'm just worried that the duplicates might "disappear" off my statement, but still have been debited. Can we guarantee with no doubt, that if it does not appear on the statement it has not been taken? :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

No good making a complaint direct to FSO yet. All complaints and requests for compensation have to go to the bank first - if they don't sort it out THEN you go to FSO. Probably best to wait until you have a full picture of refunds and expenses and "distress" you want compensation for. It's not over yet. Keep records.
    Good Advice here - Ulster Bank Compensation

I'd send in the form anyway just so that they appreciate there's a large issue! Even if they respond by telling you to try UB first, it's still driving the point home.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

anyone else got loads of duplicate visa/debit transactions???

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on a salary payment due from 21/06. Still haven't received mine yet.

Right here!
    Same boat as you. It's really quite upsetting at this stage. My landlord has been patient so far, but I'm going to have to take time off work to go and pay him.

I should demand reimbursement for that time off work. That's effectively a half day's salary i'm losing due to this. Amongst other things.

If payments are meant to be in sequence, as UB said they were, then I think you should be raising this with them, as they've processed everything up until the end of last week, by the looks of things and your pay was due 2 weeks ago. Sounds like they've gone missing and if they're not missing, I'd be asking why they have not been processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

anyone else got loads of duplicate visa/debit transactions???

Yes, as of this morning I do. I've noted them down and will make sure they're all rectified once UB claim everything is back to normal.

There doesn't seem to be much point in contacting them until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

I know it is of no benefit to anyone who banks themselves with UB but I would sincerely hope that the Dept. of Social Protection have taken all of their payment processing off UB and moved them to their own bank (AIB - Irish Gov owned) where they might have some say in what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭hulkeverton

lislaw wrote: »
    Yes, as of this morning I do. I've noted them down and will make sure they're all rectified once UB claim everything is back to normal.

There doesn't seem to be much point in contacting them until then.

I completely agree although my availale balance is showing as 0:mad:.

100 percent not right. will have to que up now with many others at lunch to get my pay bringin in my payslip

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

They may well do if you can show that these normally get paid into your UB account e.g. a previous claim form and a UB statement showing it going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

If payments are meant to be in sequence, as UB said they were, then I think you should be raising this with them, as they've processed everything up until the end of last week, by the looks of things and your pay was due 2 weeks ago. Sounds like they've gone missing and if they're not missing, I'd be asking why they have not been processed.

They're not. I spoke with them, UB to UB are just being processed in any order. UB to External and External to UB seem to be going in chronological order.
    If you look back through the thread there are plenty in the same boat.

For anyone who hasn't already -

fill it in, send it off. Claim your money. I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

still no change in my account.

duplicate debits still there bringing me into unauthorised overdraft

manual lodgements yet to show up.

grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Just checked my credit card statement online, and while there's still no sign of the payment that left my BOI account on the 19th, a shiny new late payment charge of €8.50 showed up yesterday. Nice.

Still no sign of the payment, and now they've thrown on an overlimit charge because this month's interest has pushed me over. At this point I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Still no sign of the payment, and now they've thrown on an overlimit charge because this month's interest has pushed me over. At this point I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.

I'd say that's an automatic process that will be reversed as soon as they regain control of their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Totally pi**ed off at this stage. I've a personal current account and my business account with UB. Business account show no activity since 20th June so i have no idea whether clients have paid or not. I cant make payments from it either, despite the bluff from their PR machine.

Personal account is showing 4 DD's today that werent there yesterday, all due out in late June but left last night. Guess what - they bounced and are back in the account along with a €12.70 charge for each of them! I presume this is all refundable but holy moly what a monumental f*ck up!!

Apparently as of today the financial regulator has only received a handful of complaints, including my own, which is bizarre. Seems we are a nation of moaners and not much action! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

DUBACC wrote: »
    Totally pi**ed off at this stage. I've a personal current account and my business account with UB. Business account show no activity since 20th June so i have no idea whether clients have paid or not. I cant make payments from it either, despite the bluff from their PR machine.

Personal account is showing 4 DD's today that werent there yesterday, all due out in late June but left last night. Guess what - they bounced and are back in the account along with a €12.70 charge for each of them! I presume this is all refundable but holy moly what a monumental f*ck up!!

Apparently as of today the financial regulator has only received a handful of complaints, including my own, which is bizarre. Seems we are a nation of moaners and not much action! :mad:

So much for UB's claims that they are paying all DD's, while waiting for the credits to hit.

If you have an uncredited lodgment that covered any DD they bounced, then I wouldn take them to the cleaners

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So my wages finally came through. Were credited to my account dated at the 2nd (were due on the 25th), despite the fact that I went to my local branch with my wage slip and had the lot withdrawn (minus 23c).

Let's see how long it takes them to cop that. :o

Kind of annoyed at myself for not waiting an extra day or 2, but feck it sure, I have my money, whatever happens.

Next wage is due this Monday (9th). Handing up my hours sheet as I type. Let's see how that goes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Next wage is due this Monday (9th). Handing up my hours sheet as I type. Let's see how that goes. :pac:

Meh, handed in my BOI details today at work as I cannot keep going wondering where my money is...................in the black hole of Ulster Bank no doubt. I'm moving from one University branch of UB to the other down the road in BOI.

Both have Visa Debit, both have parking(threatening to clamp you), both have phone Apps but one, BOI, had never let me down with expected times of payments like Ulster Bank have. I only left because one branch treated me like crap when I lost my job in 2010. Going back but not to the same branch. ;)

I lodged money into my business account(UB) this morning and as he stamped the lodgement book I wondered how long it will be till I see that money. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Anyone get their wages for this week into their account this week??

Can't wait until the 16th rolls around and all we get is "ummmm well, give us another week"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

den87 wrote: »
    Anyone get their wages for this week into their account this week??

Can't wait until the 16th rolls around and all we get is "ummmm well, give us another week"

I was supposed to be paid yesterday(Thursday) and asked today in the bank. He things that, by his best estimates looking at the way things are processing now, that Thursday looks like Monday so you might be paid on Tuesday.

Don't hold me to that but the guy who told me in the branch is a good guy and wouldn't be prone to bull****ting me to get rid of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Seems to be a LOT of people who have diverted their wages to a different account this month. Wonder will UB notice that. Or rather, pay attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

DUBACC wrote: »
    Steady! I think people will vote with their feet, for want of a better phrase, and move accounts. A lot might feel that writing to UB, then to the Financial Regulator is a road that will ultimately lead nowhere. The only way to really punish UB is to bank elsewhere, a large number of closed accounts is the only shockwave that will reach RBS at corporate level IMHO.

Give it time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Savman wrote: »
    Steady! I think people will vote with their feet, for want of a better phrase, and move accounts. A lot might feel that writing to UB, then to the Financial Regulator is a road that will ultimately lead nowhere. The only way to really punish UB is to bank elsewhere, a large number of closed accounts is the only shockwave that will reach RBS at corporate level IMHO.

Give it time.

Indeed, the ultimate complaint is to up sticks to another bank, something most people won't do until their a/c is in order.

Not much point in complaining to the regulator, as they'll tell you that the first complaint must be made to the bank. The bank will only tell you what they're putting out by way of public statements, so that's a waste of time too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement