Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I heard it on the radio that they're up to date on salaries..

They are in their behinds up to date! Nobody I know who's caught up in this mess has received salaries after the 21st June.

They're feeding the media BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Balance on friday - 7.07
    Balance on Saturday - 30.07
    Withdrew that 30
    Balance today - 44.07 in the MINUS.

But yet they couldn't give me an overdraft when I needed it cause they dont give overdrafts to students during the summer. BOI better give me a Visa debit, they said "a letter had to be sent to my local branch" ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Trotter wrote: »
    I heard it on the radio that they're up to date on salaries..

They are in their behinds up to date! Nobody I know who's caught up in this mess has received salaries after the 21st June.

They're feeding the media BS!

100% agree.

Can we setup a poll and get people to state if they've had a salary payment since the 21st?

... and then send it to Joe Duffy so he can bathe in our misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Looked at my statements last night and had x amount.
    looked this morning to see I'm 500 down and that every transaction has been duplicated with an extra couple of transactio which never happened thrown in for good measure.
    I rang and asked what the procedure will be when all is up and running for me to claim this back and was told that "it'll be fine sure, I've been missing 700 for the last few weeks now"!

I've been pleasant and understanding about this whole thing, no payments in etc is a joke but I can deal with that but when they start taking money from my account which I never spent I have a huge problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

i WAS CALM , i went into the branch to treat them with respect and draw money out
    she aggrivated me because she told me she couldnt cash a cheque

THEY ARE A BANK THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CASH CHEQUES

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Why is the media taking their PR line at face value???

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I got my salary - came from a UB account in to my UB account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

To be fair most cheques have to be lodged these days, cashing one is the exception I would say in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

mathie wrote: »
    100% agree.

Can we setup a poll and get people to state if they've had a salary payment since the 21st?

... and then send it to Joe Duffy so he can bathe in our misery?

Done ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056688895#

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I got my salary - came from a UB account in to my UB account.
    What date was it due

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

My salary was due from UB to UB account on the 22nd - Still don't have it, only got my payslip today as I was out of the office when they were given to us. So i had no access to money since the 22nd.

Incredibly unfair at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

End of week then?

It will definitely be fixed by the end of some week, yes... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Is anyones account back to normal ? Majority of backlog supposed to be cleared as of their website minutes ago, but is this more bs

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

NuMarvel wrote: »
    It will definitely be fixed by the end of some week, yes... ;)

Not so sure about this to be honest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Mine wasn't back to normal as of 8am this morning. I'm planning my third trip to a branch today to withdraw cash over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Online statements and online banking is back to normal.

My account is still over the place.

-€145 for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

bodonnell wrote: »
    Is anyones account back to normal ? Majority of backlog supposed to be cleared as of their website minutes ago, but is this more bs

just checked my account, which is €110 in the RED, with no transaction history to account for this. By my reckoning it should be about €200 in the black, so no, definitely no sorted for me anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I have the same problem, wondering what will happen now too.

Our mortgage was not taken out from a BOI account on 25th. I went into the bank on Friday and the guy behind the counter said when the system are back up an running they will then take the DD in. He said it would not affect our credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

OK. Some good news this morning. For the first time since the debacle started, I have been able to pay my credit card bill online. Hopefully it reaches Mastercard though but at least it went from my account which is progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

km79 wrote: »
    What date was it due

Mine was paid 22nd of June and my husbands the last two Tuesdays. All coming from a UB business account in to our own UB joint account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

On the mortgage front - I'm with UB myself, I rang them to say that I would miss my payment as a result of the issue with current accounts and payments there.

She told me that they weren't applying for mortgage payments because they knew this.. I actually got the impression that their mortgage system was down as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

I have 2 account with UB both sill wrong as of 2 minutes ago.

First account was correct as od Saturday afternoon ( after a week of being incorrect ) with a balance of € 128 CR this morning it is € 1495 in the red :eek:

Second account has not had salary paid ( due 25th June ) in or 2 DD paid out

What makes matter worse is i am due to draw down a mortage from UB this week to close a house sale Friday which i have alreadty been told is very unlikely, offical line is there will be to much of a backlog to get it done in time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Panrich wrote: »
    OK. Some good news this morning. For the first time since the debacle started, I have been able to pay my credit card bill online. Hopefully it reaches Mastercard though but at least it went from my account which is progress.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

And now the S%#T hits the fan. UB have bounced their first cheque for me. They hold all my money thats lodged but yet clear a cheque and on top of that waaahhheeeeyyyy exactly what they said they wouldnt do????? I got a €12.70 charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yesterday my account was up about €250 this morning its down about €270. There are no visible transactions since June 22nd online, any talk about this being resolved are complete BS from where I'm sitting :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I deposited money last tuesday and its still not in my account, should I drop into the branch about it? Yer man said it would take a couple of days..

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

My business account is still about 5 days behind. More worrying though is the face that I appear to have been charged twice for a purchase made online (using my Visa debit attached to the account), the exact same amount debited twice from my account.

So check you accounts THOROUGHLY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Supercell wrote: »
    Yesterday my account was up about €250 this morning its down about €270. There are no visible transactions since June 22nd online, any talk about this being resolved are complete BS from where I'm sitting :(

It seems to me they are even duplicating transactions at this stage. I have avoided using my Visa Debit since this clusterf*ck started and have almost no transactions on the account as a result. I'm still missing pay from the 21st, the 26th and the 29th (my own and wife's salaries). No sign of any of that.

Today, my account is missing an extra €100 - this is an ATM transaction from the 22nd which now shows up twice: once as "Ulster Bank - 22 June" which is correct and the other is the generic "ATM transaction - 22 June". Patience pretty much gone at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

J-blk wrote: »
    Today, my account is missing an extra €100 - this is an ATM transaction from the 22nd which now shows up twice: once as "Ulster Bank - 22 June" which is correct and the other is the generic "ATM transaction - 22 June". Patience pretty much gone at this stage...

Same here.

I was debited €100 for a withdrawal of €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Just went into to speak to the staff in Ulster Bank Lwr Pembroke Street. My accounts are with AIB but mortgage with UB and it wasnt taken this morning. She said everything is frozen so the best thing to do is just forget about the mortgage payment, pretend its not there, when everything comes back up it will all be rectified. Should we incur fees then go back in with proof and they will reimburse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement