Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

NinjaK wrote: »
    I deposited money last tuesday and its still not in my account, should I drop into the branch about it? Yer man said it would take a couple of days..

Any lodgments made manually in branch since this started are not yet keyed in most branches so no point calling them I would say. I made a lodgment on 20th June which has not showed up yet and was told it is because it is sitting in the bundle of manual transactions waiting to be input. There were ads all over the recruitment sites last week looking for experienced data entry/banking to work 'somewhere' starting this morning on a week to week contract, wonder if they got people, if they did then the entry of backlogged manual transactions should start today.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

I actually got the impression that their mortgage system was down as well.

It's more a case that their staff do not have access to account balances, so can do nothing until that's fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

no nothing yet and my online account seems to be locked now ,lovely

"Customer advice, please address the following issues:
    •The details that you have entered have not been recognised.

For your security, your Anytime Internet Banking service has been temporarily locked. No further attempts will be accepted. If you provide the following details you should be able to access the service in just a few minutes.
    "

anyone else get this ?

anyone else get this im been asked to re-enter all my details account no and debit card no's ,(just wary of doing this )this all worked when i checked it 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Patch123

Hi there,

I have a PTSB mortgage that is due to go out of my UB current account today/tomorrow by direct debit. I rang UB twice and got conflicting information about what to do: One said that although I might not see the payment going out of the account, it would be paid in the background so not to worry. The other said I should contact my mortgage provider.

I'm reluctant to contact PTSB about it in case I end up wasting my time trying to find a solution to a problem that (a) I am not responsible for; and (b) may be overtaken by events in the coming days. There are sufficent funds in the account right now to pay it.

So my question is: Should I sit tight or contact PTSB about this?

I was trying to see if this thread offered an answer to my question, and while some alluded to the same issue, they may not be exactly the same circumstances (though I might have missed something -apologies if so).

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ok this is getting really annoying now, Saturday morning there was some new items on my account, 2 regular standing orders were showing up on my online banking (22nd which is the day they were to come out). It brought my balance to -193. I logged in this morning in the hope that more would be updated but now the 2 standing orders have been removed from my account?? So they are applying transactions and then removing them...... UB seriously dont have a clue whats going on anymore..... This will not be resolved this week either by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

geotrig wrote: »

For your security, your Anytime Internet Banking service has been temporarily locked. No further attempts will be accepted. If you provide the following details you should be able to access the service in just a few minutes.
    "

anyone else get this ?

anyone else get this im been asked to re-enter all my details account no and debit card no's ,(just wary of doing this )this all worked when i checked it 1st

Ye I was getting that a week or two ago, a bit odd, it was as if I was entering all my details again to register all over again.
    Once you enter all your details you should be able to log in no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The €7.38 that was credited to my account on Saturday night is gone again. Listed as a debit card transaction from the 25th of June, this I remember. So seemingly they refunded the transaction and then charged it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

"

anyone else get this ?

Thats strange, I can login on a pc no problem but when i launch the app it tells me i need an internet connection which i have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My wages hasnt hit my account yet from last Thursday.

Online figures are all over the place, i actually have more in there now for some reason but i will assume it will be debited as they fix it.

Im lucky i had money in there so im ok, Visa Debit etc still working perfect but to give a time frame, salaries paid in last Thursday still not credited, although can be withdrawn with ID and payslip.

Also, the guy told me, they have no idea when it will be fixed at this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

JABS wrote: »
    And now the S%#T hits the fan. UB have bounced their first cheque for me. They hold all my money thats lodged but yet clear a cheque and on top of that waaahhheeeeyyyy exactly what they said they wouldnt do????? I got a €12.70 charge.

An update on this situation. Just off the phone to the bank......... "We think that the cheque should be cleared even tho the statement says Unpaid".............. Think is really NOT doing it for me right now.

Asked what the timeframe was on everything being sorted. "looking at a few more days" and to ad to that the manual transactions in the branches will only begin to be processed then. Personally I think we are looking at another week plus......... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Whats my chances of getting a credit card aprroved rapid so I can buy stock thats on proforma????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

Mysterious debit for €25 hit the account last night, dated 25 June.

I haven't used my card since the start of the fiasco, so God only knows where the debit came from.

I'm a patient man, but this is really starting to annoy me.

The wife who is also UB, has today opened an account with PTSB.

Looking forward to the latest excuse when I visit UB later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Ye I was getting that a week or two ago, a bit odd, it was as if I was entering all my details again to register all over again.
    Once you enter all your details you should be able to log in no problem.
    well just rentered all my data and was allowed access to my account again ,very strange ,still nothing updated though

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

well just rentered all my data and was allowed access to my account again ,very strange ,still nothing updated though

Same as, I was payed on the 22nd, still not to be seen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

I rang ptsb and was told it would take 10 days for a new account to be up and running. Are any of the other banks any quicker?

I have an account with AIB so I could use that but I dont like them thats why I moved to UB in the first place.

Are EBS any good? No changes on my account since this morning. Boss said the money for my wages from 22nd has left his account still hasnt turned up in mine tho:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

This is my new log in message for online banking..
    Customer Information

We continue to work through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group. Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July. We know this disruption is unacceptable and we continue to do all we can to help our customers.

Great...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I have 3k in a savings account with UB. I'm thinking I should withdraw it and deposit it into the OH AIB account. Its our wedding savings and although its very unlikely, if anything were to happen to UB I dont want the hassle of trying to claim that money back.

If I go into the branch do you think they will let me take it all out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

so the mysterey 85 euros that credited my current account is now gone.

a new debit has turned up - a cash withdrawl of 20 euros which i made on the 21st.

only thing is, is that it has been debited twice and made my account overdrawn.

im fuming! so sick of this now.

Update on ulsterbank website says 'they will provide a more detailed update later on in the day' and that they 'have made steady progress on the backlog'

im calling the second quote as pure lies. nobody on here seems to have reported any real progress on their accounts.

i wish theyd just be straight with us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

bodonnell wrote: »
    Is anyones account back to normal ? Majority of backlog supposed to be cleared as of their website minutes ago, but is this more bs

It doesn't say majority of backlogs cleared- just "steady progress made"

Big difference

aaronh007 wrote: »
    This is my new log in message for online banking..
    Customer Information

We continue to work through the backlog of payments caused as a result of the IT issues experienced in RBS Group. Unfortunately, due to the complexity and scale of the backlog, we do not now expect to be fully up to date by Monday, 2nd July. We know this disruption is unacceptable and we continue to do all we can to help our customers.

Great...

Sure didnt they already say that on Friday and said it will be Wednesday now? I can tell you now that Wednesday is another pipe dream.... u tsunami looking like next Monday at the earliest.

Ogham wrote: »

Big difference

When i click ulsterbank.ie, it tells me the bulk of salary payments are up to date. that to me would mean the majority.

Im still waiting on last weeks salary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Ogham wrote: »

Big difference

but steady progress hasnt been made.

if steady progress had been made, payments/salaries would have started showing up in accounts at the very least. they said the bulk of salaries from the 21st have made it to accounts. thats a lie through and through given the reports of posters here. pure propaganda to curb the damage to the reputation of the bank.

im sick of their lies!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 teddy6

deadduck wrote: »
    Friday Morning, my account had €90 in it. Friday evening a mystery €210 showed up, giving me a total of €300. Didn't touch it all weekend in case it disappeared again. Lo and behold, I just checked my account again, and it's now 110 overdrawn! Wtf ulster bank!

My balance showed an extra 60e on Sunday morning. That 60e was gone this morning (Monday). I've no direct debits of 60e that may be getting processed or sent back. Whatever they're doing this problem is going to take a long time to sort out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

teddy6 wrote: »
    My balance showed an extra 60e on Sunday morning. That 60e was gone this morning (Monday). I've no direct debits of 60e that may be getting processed or sent back. Whatever they're doing this problem is going to take a long time to sort out

you guys are doing well, ive an extra 7k in there now.
    Me is thinking its got something to do with the draft i took out during the week.

It was debited yesterday, but re-appeared today :)
    might do a runner to Australia now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brink

wonski wrote: »
    I will let you know tomorrow morning, or few days later when i got letters from dd originators...

UB claims it will pay them regardless of account balance, but i have my doubts...
    Will they pay mortgage payment of 1000E just like that? Regardless of balance/account history? I doubt.
    A direct debit to the revenue for €20,000 was due out last Monday, no updated UB account details available since the 20th June, at that date there was not enough to pay it, received a receipt from Revenue commissioners on Wednesday last to say it had been paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

kceire wrote: »
    you guys are doing well, ive an extra 7k in there now.
    Me is thinking its got something to do with the draft i took out during the week.

It was debited yesterday, but re-appeared today :)
    might do a runner to Australia now :D

You should withdraw it all in a couple of different branches and keep it somewhere safe and just tell UB your going to hold on to it for a bit as compensation. Tell them youll give it back on Monday Wednesday Early next week mmmmm when your ready :D:D

JABS wrote: »
    You should withdraw it all in a couple of different branches and keep it somewhere safe and just tell UB your going to hold on to it for a bit as compensation. Tell them youll give it back on Monday Wednesday Early next week mmmmm when your ready :D:D

great idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Balance on Ulster Bank account on Friday 13.13
    Balance on Ulster Bank account on Saturday 120.00
    Balance on Monday morning -17.17

I have not gone near my account all weekend, never had an overdraft facility on my account, and my wages since 21st of June are still not showing. What is going on???? :mad:

This is more or less the same as my account activity.

It looks like they have been duplicating transactions. I now for a fact one is a duplicate because the day in question was my brothers wedding. I stopped to use the bank machine before it. Not afterwards. And both transactions are appearing on that day.

It looks like they are updating this, albeit incorrectly.

Is there any way i can challenge that debit? As you can imagine, they day of a family members wedding wouldnt be cheap i'd like to see that money again!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Ignoring discussions about semantics for a second; anecdotally I literally do not know one person who has received money into their account since the problems began.

I am one of two people are waiting on salary since day one of the problem. If they are "clearing a backlog" surely there is some chronological element to that process.

I'm disappointed that the media is now pushing this to the back pages, so to speak if, as it seems to me to be the case, no progress whatsoever has been made with Ulster Bank customers receiving their pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

danois wrote: »
    I rang ptsb and was told it would take 10 days for a new account to be up and running. Are any of the other banks any quicker?

I have an account with AIB so I could use that but I dont like them thats why I moved to UB in the first place.

Are EBS any good? No changes on my account since this morning. Boss said the money for my wages from 22nd has left his account still hasnt turned up in mine tho:mad:

I just got back from PTSB.
    Opened an account and it took no longer than 15 minutes.
    Tehy showed me the online service too.
    Its all fully active now.
    Card will take up to five business days to arrive.

Now diverting salary to this account.

Cheerio Ulster.
    Glitches I can understand.
    Lies I can't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement