Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 2 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

There does seem to be some sort of action starting now my account. Up until now I felt my balance was accurate as the only money going in was what I transferred from my online savings account, and debits were coming off straightaway. Today I'm overdrawn, no idea how I could be, am sure it will rectify itself but obviously things are happening in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I am 800 euro richer than I was :D I have a sneaking suspicion my 800 euro rent that I paid on the 22nd has something to do with this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

goat2 wrote: »
    it shows how important it is that we all keep any bank statments we receive and put them in safe keeping, and take record of all our transactions through a paper trail to keep in safety. it would be our way of proving our status at bank, just one press of the wrong button can eraise millions of accounts in one sweep, so hard copies are vital to have in your own hand, this is my opinion

if it is a case that transactions are unrecoverable, what happens then?

They will request all transactions from other banks and take it from there. A lot will be lost during all this I feel and it's nearly two weeks and those on the first batch to be run on the 21st still aren't updated..... so does that mean all payments delayed by at least a week until they catch up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mimsy

Patch123 wrote: »
    fiona-f wrote: »
    I am similar with current acc in Ulster and mortgage elsewhere falling due soon. I have already emailed my mortgage bank, explaining the situation, no answer yet but when it is something as important as your mortgage history, far better safe than sorry in my opinion. Definitely don't worry about wasting your mortgage bank's time, give a phone call or email so if a problem does arise they will know why.

In my case the money I transferred into Ulster bank last week still has not arrived so I cannot withdraw it and pay mortgage in cash - could possibly be an option for you though if PTSB agreed not to put in your direct debit this month?

Thanks for the response - I rang PTSB and they were very helpful. If there's enough money in the account, the direct debit should be passed today/tomorrow (even if I don't see it). If there is not enough money they will ask for the DD again in 10 days time. If it is not passed at that stage a a €10 euro unpaid fee will apply, which Ulster Bank will refund (apparently - no idea how that particualr mess will be sorted!) He said if it was coming towards the end of July and things weren't sorted at that stage they could start to look at manual payments. The mortgage would not go into arrears until it's passed 30 days paid in any case.

But if we get towards an end of July timeframe without resolution, that would be beyond catastrophic! Just to clarify, I wasn't worried about wasting the banks time I was worried about them wasting my time: for example, by getting me to do a manual payment now. That's why I was reluctant to get in touch - but I'm glad I did now. :)

Glad you've got some peace of mind. I would imagine most businesses know which of their clients bank with Ulster bank. I called meteor during the week and a customer service agent said they had identified their UB direct debit accounts in anticipation of problems.
    Any organised business in control of it's cashflows and customer relations should, and most probably has, done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sala wrote: »
    I am 800 euro richer than I was :D I have a sneaking suspicion my 800 euro rent that I paid on the 22nd has something to do with this

Posssible, my S/O from that date has been returned today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Has there been any mention of businesses being affected by this? I haven't received a credit/laser card payment in 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

cheekypup wrote: »
    Since the trouble started I haven't been paid on 21st or 28th of June. A small bit of activity took place last week whereby my UB to UB transactions showed up, they are standing orders from my current account to a couple of savings accounts. My current account is overdrawn but my savings have been credited. I was in a fortunate position of not having need to make a teller or ATM withdrawal as I assumed problems would occur. I also noticed that my mortgage payment should have come out on the first to AIB has not been taken out. My summary is that I think UB to UB transactions are active and ATM transactions are active (although not correct), where a third party is involved ie. wages, direct debits to other banks are not. I'm going to wait until it sorts itself out, find out how much extra i have been charged in total, from all parties I deal, write a polite letter to UB with proof of charges and if I don't receive a no fuss refund within a couple of weeks, I will be changing banks or if they introduce banking fees. Any looking for info on other banks check out www.bonkers.ie to compare other banking current accounts and their charges. One more point, I know someone in UB that gets paid monthly and their wages went through on 18th, I know some probably have different wage contracts, but sounds very convienient to me.

as far as i know, problems with their systems started on the 20th/21st.

which is prob why they got paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Sala wrote: »
    wonski wrote: »
    Posssible, my S/O from that date has been returned today...

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JABS

Has there been any mention of businesses being affected by this? I haven't received a credit/laser card payment in 2 weeks.

same boat as yourself, 11 days of cards transactions are in Limbo. Three days have been creditied, 18th,19th,20th but transactions from 15th & 16th still not showing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Oh great ulster bank have decided to remove the funds that they already lodged into my account I am down €300 once again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

JABS wrote: »
    same boat as yourself, 11 days of cards transactions are in Limbo. Three days have been creditied, 18th,19th,20th but transactions from 15th & 16th still not showing.

Same here but business relationship official has been great and has organised cash and drafts for me for suppliers etc. Still spending way too much of my time queuing up in branch but I suppose I will just have to live with that. I am a little worried about what sort of a state my cashflow will be in at the end of all this as I suspect some customers will have used this as an excuse to delay payment into UB accounts but I have been assured that they will deal with that and will honour all payments once they are within normal spending patterns!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Just off the phone..its hard to stay calm when they are feeding me b#ll****. She said it will be next week before accounts get updated but that their systems should be working by the middle of this week...thats not much good to those of us waiting on money to show up in our accounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Checked my business account this morning. Its up to 25th so 7 days behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Shower of gits, no mention of the news at all regarding business customers, I only thought to check last night.

We've only got a single payment since the 19th, normally daily lodgements. Missing thousands upon thousands.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

wonski wrote: »
    Was it same day transfer?
    Someone mentioned before same day transfers were unaffected.
    If it is not the case - consider yourself lucky, and definitely play the Lotto...

Just to confirm - your account is in Ireland - not NI?

It was marked as a sameday "CHAPS/International". I think it's usually done as a EFT with their bank.
    Employer with PTSB > me with UB
    UB account is RoI.

I will go out and buy a lotto ticket then.

As of now, I've got Debit Card Transactions now showing (still just under that vague heading, with no payee details) for the 25th June now. Appears that some progress is being made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

They've all the outgoings on my account logged up to June 25th, but not the income. So now my account balance is in arrears. Nice one, so now I can't even withdraw via an ATM.

Only joined UB last year, but as a customer/consumer I'll be exercising my right to choose an alternative once the dust has settled.

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Same here but business relationship official has been great and has organised cash and drafts for me for suppliers etc. Still spending way too much of my time queuing up in branch but I suppose I will just have to live with that. I am a little worried about what sort of a state my cashflow will be in at the end of all this as I suspect some customers will have used this as an excuse to delay payment into UB accounts but I have been assured that they will deal with that and will honour all payments once they are within normal spending patterns!?!

Fair play to them, no one made them kind of arrangements for me but something needs to be sorted this week as its not looking likely that its going to be rectified in the coming days
    Pataman wrote: »
    Checked my business account this morning. Its up to 25th so 7 days behind.

Just check all transaction thoroughly to make sure nothing is missing or paid out twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Consumer association of Ireland has released a statement saying that UB customers should be pursuing some sort of compensation following unacceptable delays in service restoration.

was just on newstalk live there. :D

hopefully, they will compensate us somehow.

theyre well able to slap on interest and overlimit fees to us when it suits them!!!

Shower of gits, no mention of the news at all regarding business customers, I only thought to check last night.

We've only got a single payment since the 19th, normally daily lodgements. Missing thousands upon thousands.

I feel your pain

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Fair play to them, no one made them kind of arrangements for me but something needs to be sorted this week as its not looking likely that its going to be rectified in the coming days

I just rang/emailed the relationship official and asked for what I needed and they were very obliging. I would think that the last thing UB would need/want is to see headlines that Irish businesses have gone out of business because they are unable to access their funds because of this debackle so they should be fairly helpful if you contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

they just said now on rte1 news ulster bank havent a clue when it going to be sorted, They cant give a time, Thats it lads i can see serious ****e here now

Eblana12 wrote: »

I just rang/emailed the relationship official and asked for what I needed and they were very obliging. I would think that the last thing UB would need/want is to see headlines that Irish businesses have gone out of business because they are unable to access their funds because of this debackle so they should be fairly helpful if you contact them.

Thanks for the info, i'm off to give her a call. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 43 johnc12

My account is fully up to date as of this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

STILL NO CLUE? Disgraceful and disgusting. I'm not even badly affected but I will be closing my account after this is all said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

johnc12 wrote: »
    My account is fully up to date as of this morning
    Including wages ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

km79 wrote: »
    Including wages ?

i wouldnt believe much of this with wages, I know **** loads waiting on money wages transfers etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

banjacksed wrote: »
    they just said now on rte1 news ulster bank havent a clue when it going to be sorted, They cant give a time, Thats it lads i can see serious ****e here now

I think I prefer that to them giving us a date when it will be fixed (again) and it not being fixed (again).

Including wages ?

Yes including wages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

johnc12 wrote: »
    Including wages ?

Yes including wages.

What date were you due to be paid?

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    What date were you due to be paid?

I was last due to be paid on the 27th, next payment is due on wednesday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement