Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on emigrating to Canada - pretty please??

Options
  • 01-07-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi myself, my husband are seriously considering emigrating to Canada and just looking for advice. He is a qualified car mechanic but has been running a large car crash repair centre for around 10 years, I run my own interior design business from home. We are both hard workers but have resigned ourselves to the fact that we cant make money in this country. We also have a two year old son. I would also be able to do any type of admin work to begin with if need be. We just are looking for advice on what areas would be better to move to. We want somewhere safe to raise children, sensible property cost, good job opportunities based on the back that we would be prepared to be flexible to begin with.
    all realistic advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Lmnover wrote: »
    Hi myself, my husband are seriously considering emigrating to Canada and just looking for advice. He is a qualified car mechanic but has been running a large car crash repair centre for around 10 years, I run my own interior design business from home. We are both hard workers but have resigned ourselves to the fact that we cant make money in this country. We also have a two year old son. I would also be able to do any type of admin work to begin with if need be. We just are looking for advice on what areas would be better to move to. We want somewhere safe to raise children, sensible property cost, good job opportunities based on the back that we would be prepared to be flexible to begin with.

Check out the prarie provinces like Alberta or Saskatchewan cost of living is lower here and there is plenty of work.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ start here to find out all you need to know about visas.

Will ye be continuing to pay a mortage in Ireland? Because that will be a big chunk of money to be sewnding home every month. Prob cost in the region of 1400 dollars to get 1000 euro back to Ireland.

Childcare also quite dear here be looking in the region of 900 to 1000 a month to keep a child in a creche

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

red menace wrote: »

Check out the prarie provinces like Alberta or Saskatchewan cost of living is lower here and there is plenty of work.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ start here to find out all you need to know about visas.

Will ye be continuing to pay a mortage in Ireland? Because that will be a big chunk of money to be sewnding home every month. Prob cost in the region of 1400 dollars to get 1000 euro back to Ireland.

Childcare also quite dear here be looking in the region of 900 to 1000 a month to keep a child in a creche

Hi thanks for that
    Is is hard to get visas? We can rent out house in Ireland out as in a good central area.
    What is the quality of living like? And the climate?
    Are there many Irish people in those areas?
    Sorry so many questions but trying to get an idea of what's its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Hi thanks for that
    Is is hard to get visas? We can rent out house in Ireland out as in a good central area.
    What is the quality of living like? And the climate?
    Are there many Irish people in those areas?
    Sorry so many questions but trying to get an idea of what's its like.

Well firstly how old are you and your partner? The Goverment of Canada has suspended taking new applications on the Federal Skilled Worker class until 2013 unless you have arranged employment.

Alberta is probably the coldest climate apart from been up north in Canada -20 p below is average for winter there.
    Saskatchewan you are probably looking at -14 during the day in the winter months and -24 at night. The further north you go in all provinces of Canada the colder it gets. Summer is warm in both places.

Southern Ontario your looking at around -5 during the winter which isn't bad. Summer in Ontario is warm around 30 degrees

Vancouver and BC your looking at Irish style weather.

When your moving with kids weather is a big factor.

What line of work are you both looking for?

Advertisement