Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for a snag for a 3 Bed semi

Options
  • 01-07-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What is going rate for a snag list for a 3 bed semi in Dublin? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi,
    What is going rate for a snag list for a 3 bed semi in Dublin? Thanks.
    you're going to laugh but define snagging?

snagging to me is a new completed house with a few odds and ens to be listed and fixed by the contractor who built it

if you need an architectural specification to complete a half built, an auctioneers 'second fix' or renovate a house - thats a different thing and is by no means as quickly completed as a snag list

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

BryanF wrote: »
    you're going to laugh but define snagging?

snagging to me is a new completed house with a few odds and ens to be listed and fixed by the contractor who built it
    Yes that's what I mean.

Prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

For the last year the price has generally been around the €150 mark for site visit, list and photos with an additional €75 per visit required after that.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,536 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

+1 on the above.

Determine whether a second visit is required.

Also, if you are the client, do your own list beforehard as well.
    Ensure all electrics and plumbing are turned on prior to snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

there is no end of issues you could find with this..

Walls not plumb.
    plumbing not connected, or incorrectly connected. flush all loos, turn on all taps.
    check radiators and heating are working
    check all second fix for gaps to walls and dents/marks
    check kitchen is level, including counter and oven. It may not seem like an issue, but just try baking a level cake in an uneven oven.
    make sure all vents and drains are clear. outside make sure all the cement and mortar is cleared from drain covers.
    check that the insulation is in the attic.etc

I had an 11 page list on one house, and still fell for a rookie mistake.
    Downstairs pedestal under the WC sink was chipped, so put it on snag. (never checked after that both downstairs and upstairs were ok after the issues were supposed to be fixed. Turned out that someone fixed the downstairs by swapping it for the upstairs one, which I didn't check the second time.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Downstairs pedestal under the WC sink was chipped, so put it on snag. (never checked after that both downstairs and upstairs were ok after the issues were supposed to be fixed. Turned out that someone fixed the downstairs by swapping it for the upstairs one, which I didn't check the second time.)
    I shouldn't but.........:D :D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

Snag list going rate atm - €150 - 1x inspection & 1 x report.

Secondary visits are at €75. Although - with photo's and client having list in hand, there not always required of late.

Mike F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    I had an 11 page list on one house, and still fell for a rookie mistake.

That is so wrong.

Who did that? The builder?

Advertisement