Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Aer Lingus Seating

Options
  • 01-07-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone,

I was wonderin if you could help. Myself and my boyfriend booked flights to NYC nearly 2 months ago and pre-selected seats (or so we thought). Now, Aer Lingus have both sent us emails saying we haven't selected our seats, and there is only 1 seat being offered to each of us - the exact same seat. Which means there is only 1 left on the plane according to them! Does that mean the flight is overbooked, or a glitch in the system? We both selected seats at the time of booking but no sign of this on the booking reference.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone, and if so, any advice as what to do next? Will one of us have to travel on a different flight/ no chance of being beside each other etc? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Call them, it's the only way to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Did you each book your own flight separately? If you did then I imagine the system is showing a free seat to both of you. If one of you takes it then when the other goes to select their seat then it will be a different one.

Look at the seating map and choose one that has a spare one next to it. Take note of the seat number then the other person go in and choose the one next to it.

If you booked together then it should show you two seats together to select. You may have to call AL if this is the case.

Advertisement