Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 25s in London?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey !
    I'm 19 and have moved to London. I've just been looking at all the meetups on boards which look really nice. This is possibly going to sound really age-ist and please dont hold this against me if I turn up at a beers or something but it would be nice to meet up with some people from home who are in or around the same age as me. I'm not saying the rest of you are boring old codgers, far from it. you guys sound like amazing people but seem to be in the late 20s, early 30s bracket?:confused: .
    So yes basically after that bit of covering my ass rambling, anyone out there who is this general age?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I sometimes dress & behave like a 19 year old if that helps? ;)

Come along to the beers sometime anyway, there are a few young 'uns in the mix, and it's a good way to start networking. Also, check out meetup.com for groups that match your age range & interests

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Agreed with Silvervixen above..there is a range of ages, not everyone discloses them either! Come along anyways, because you never know, someone might know someone who could put you in touch with people more your age if you felt we were 'old'...which we arent!!

Plus interests are the same across age groups too, like telly, movies and music, so that's always a good starting point to chat about

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Bloody young'ins, moanin' about us being all old and whatnot :(

*shakes cane, mumbles under breath*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

I'm 23, will be living there from tomorrow on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I'm 22, living out in the East End and working in the city. Living here about 6 weeks now and must say, what a city!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'm 23, but I think that matters little. So what if people are older. They are still great fun to be around.

Edit: Actually if everyone I met and become friends with since I moved to London was under 25 I'd find it fairly boring to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

philologos wrote: »
    I'm 23, but I think that matters little. So what if people are older. They are still great fun to be around.

Edit: Actually if everyone I met and become friends with since I moved to London was under 25 I'd find it fairly boring to be honest.

Too true.

[Directed to the OP] While I understand you want to meet people of a certain age you might find it best to approach meeting people in London with a broad mind. I don't think you're being ageist but just be careful that you don't limit yourself with rules and whatnot - you're only beginning your life here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

Hey
    Good question! I went to my first boards meet up on sat and had really good craic. To be honest, I would give it a shot and if it doesn't suit then ya don't have to go back :cool:

Advertisement