Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car/Travel practice instrument?

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

hi all,
    just wondering if there was anything out there like a mini-guitar or neck type practice instrument that i could bring with me in the car to practice at lunchtime for a half hour or so every day.Im on the road every day and find it hard to find enough time or peace and quite in the evenings to practise my scales/fretting etc. I have been playing about a couple of years with an acoustic electric and feel I could improve a lot faster if I could find a practice device to use during my daily downtime.Also price wise,how much would I be looking at?Thanks all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Howdy,

During the course of my work I have met a pilot who carries a 3lb weight guitar with him on his travels so he can practice in his hotel room. He showed it to me once, its call a "Harmonia", it is basically the fret board and two fold out metal arms which are shaped to sit on your leg (like the curve on a guitar), the metal arms had foam covers on them and the strings were amplified, you had to plug a speaker in. But honesty I sat and strummed it for a while and it was great, if you were in a car or somewhere quiet you could easily strum it and hear it without a speaker attached.

He told me he bought it on eBay for $140 and I had a look myself a while back and seen only one or two of them.

Hope the link works but this is a picture of it, very neat I must say
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARMONIA-TRAVEL-GUITAR-FOLDS-UP-COOL-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-TRAVEL-GUITAR-NO-RESERVE-/230695708142#ht_833wt_931

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hi D.R.,thanks a mill for the info,that looks the job for me,not too pricey either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Your welcome IgorBiscan...hope you happen to find one, when I last looked on eBay there were none!

Advertisement