Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bus (City Direct) changes - from 2 July

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

fyi, the red buses are having their turn at new bus routes ... starting tomorrow :eek:

I knew these were coming, but mis-read the article that was published last week and thought it wasn't for another week. Between that and the Volvo, I'm a bit behind on this one.

Assuming that the maps on their website, and last week's Advertiser, are correct, there are tweaks to all their routes. And their numbers are changing (to 411 - 414)

Details, as best as I can figure them out:
    • Route 33 becomes Route Route 411 - Cappagh Rd, operating at 1/2 hour frequency (quarter to and quarter past every hour), along the existing route.
    • Route 34 is cancelled.
    • The new route Route 412 - Knocknacarra Expressuses the new bus-lanes on Seamus Quirke road, ending at Manor Court. It runs every half hour (on the hour and half-past the hour)
    • Route 37 is renamed Route 413 Salthill and travels via the Claddagh and Salthill to Knocknacarra
    • Route 35 is renamed Route 414 - Barna, and travels via the university and Knocknacarra.
    ... arrgh, copy and paste ain't getting the bolds and map-links. But you can see them here:
    http://galwaypublictransportnews.blogspot.com/2012/07/city-direct-red-bus-changes-from-2-july.html

Happy travels. ('Twould have been hard to pick a worse week to start this but there ya go ....)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Thats silly. I was just going to post on the Argentinian guys thread but thought I had better check if JustMary had brought it up elsewhere.
    Of all times of the century to change things around I couldnt think of a worse one.
    Texted a mate of mine to ask him what time he is getting the 411 home during the week and his answer was 'I get the Red Bus'.
    Probably some decision made in Dublin by 'the computer says no' people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Saw the double decker red bus flying it earlier.
    First time to see it, thought it had been requistioned from London

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Knocknacarra to Salthill could be handy on wet evenings.

Will that fare be cheaper than going into city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Paddyfield wrote: »
    Knocknacarra to Salthill could be handy on wet evenings.

Will that fare be cheaper than going into city centre?

No. Fare(*) on CD is E1.80, 10c more than BE. Flat fares.

(*) except if you're doing all the way to Barna, but that's another story.

Advertisement