Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath books

Options
  • 01-07-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hey, I recently bought the autobiographies of Black Sabbath members Ozzy Osbourne ('I Am Ozzy') and Tony Iommi ('Iron Man'). Has anybody read these and if so any opinions on them, or advice on which to read first? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I read Tony Iommi's book, very funny and very easy to read. Had a chance to buy the Ozzy book but didn't really appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Cheers, am bringing one on holidays so light reading is pretty much what I'm looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Chapters are relatively short (lots of them) so it's a book that you pick up and put down easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

bleach94 wrote: »
    Hey, I recently bought the autobiographies of Black Sabbath members Ozzy Osbourne ('I Am Ozzy') and Tony Iommi ('Iron Man'). Has anybody read these and if so any opinions on them, or advice on which to read first? Thanks

Read the Ozzy one and liked it haven't read the Tony Iommi on yet but look forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

gaelicred wrote: »
    Read the Ozzy one and liked it haven't read the Tony Iommi on yet but look forward to it

Almost finished the Ozzy one, really good, especially the first half (his childhood and time in BS), thought it got a tad repetitive as it went on, kind of 'and then this happened and then that happened' that usually puts me to sleep with an autobiography, still a really good read and very honest from a complete music legend as far as I'm concerned. Will read Tony's one at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Read the Ozzy one.The first chapter had me in stitches.Very good read though.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Haven't read Tony's one but got Ozzy's out of my local library a few months ago. I agree with saintsaltynuts above - the opening chapters had me pissing myself laughing as well:D Must read Iommi's one now.

Advertisement