Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BKC's Betting Log.

Options
  • 02-07-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

I've enjoyed reading a few logs on here recently - Ade and Kryogen, in particular - so I thought it would be a good idea to start a log of my own.

I will be betting mostly on football as that is the only sport I really know anything about. I will have occasional bets on other sports. I will try and post my reasoning for each bet incase anyone is thinking of following my bets.

I just opened a Paddy Power account there and will be depositing €50 tomorrow and that will be my starting balance. I will be betting it all for my first bet in order to get a €50 freebet.

Main aim of this log is to try and make some money. At the end of the day though, I bet for the enjoyment of it and it gives me something to do with my time. I'm not very disciplined also so hopefully the log will help with that.

First bet will be posted tomorrow afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

The above has been shamelessly stolen from my previous log, which did not last very long. It was just poor timing for me personally for a number of reasons and I also needed money for a new PS3, etc. so I wasn't thinking perfectly straight. Everything is fine now though and today is a new beginning for me so I might as well start my new betting log while I'm at it.

I will be starting with a bank of €50 once again and I'll give a few sentences for each bet to show why I took the bet. I will probably bet a bit more on other sports than I usually do as I'm trying to expand my betting knowledge and there isn't too much football on at the moment.

Here's to a profitable log! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah came in here and got a serious sense of Deja Vu!

Better luck with this one bud, just remember to keep a calm head and forget your heart :)

Making my first bet a short priced double to get odds of 1.50 to get my €50 freebet.

Estonia U19 vs. Portugal U19.
    Portugal U19 to win @1.20.

U19 European Championship. Estonia are only here because they are hosting the tournament. They've only 1 win in their last 5, coming against the mighty Liechtenstein. Portugal meanwhile have won 7 of their last 8 games, only drawing 1. They've a talent squad from what I've heard and should be able to see off Estonia comfortably enough.

Portland Timbers vs. San Jose Earthquakes.
    Over 1.5 goals @1.25.

The MLS is a great league for goals normally. SJ Earthquakes are top of the Western Conference while Portland Timbers are sitting in 2nd last position. San Jose Earthquakes have the highest average match goals in the Western Conference -- their last 5 games have gone over 2.5 goals, while their last 13 have gone over 1.5 goals.

€50 - Double @1.50.

Portugal U19s beat Estonia U19s 3-0; however, I wasn't able to make the bet because the Paddy Power website was down for most of the day. I went ahead and placed the second part of the double anyway when the website came back. Portland Timbers won 2-1, so the over 1.5 goals came in.

Disappointed that I couldn't get on the double. I'll now be betting €50 on my second bet in order to get the €50 freebet.

Bank: €62.50.

David Ferrer vs. Andy Murray.
    €50 - Over 3.5 sets @1.53.

Wimbledon Quarter-Final. 4th seed Andy Murray plays 5th seed David Ferrer. Last time these two met, Ferrer won 3-1 at Roland Garros. Both are decent players and I can see either player winning the match. However, I don't see Murray or Ferrer winning in straight sets so I think over 3.5 sets is a decent bet at this price.

• Advertisement

Andy Murray won 3-1 but the bet was in after the first 2 sets as it was tied 1-1 so I didn't have to wait long for that.

Bank: €89.17 + €50 Freebet.

FK Baku vs. Mura 05.
    €50 Freebet - FK Baku (-1) @2.20.

Europa League first round qualifier tomorrow night. Mura 05 of Slovenia travel to Azerbaijan to face FK Baku. Baku's odds have dropped a lot in recent days. As far as I can tell, Mura 05 are experiencing financial difficulties, have no manger, have sold 3 players, and are without their top goalscorer. The two sides played each other in a friendly recently and FK Baku won 4-0. Hopefully with all the problems Mura 05 are having, and also the intense heat of Azerbaijan, they will cover the -1 handicap tomorrow.

I am considering lumping big on FK Baku to win @1.36 also.

Ah, was going to lump on FK Baku today but they've dropped to 1.22 with the -1 now @1.83 so I'll leave that.

Bohemians vs. Thor Akueryri.
    €60 - Bohemians to win to nil @2.29. [Provisional]

This bet is dependant on whether FK Baku beat the -1 later today, I will not be placing this bet if they do not win. Bohemians are playing an Icelandic 2nd Division side who are in the Europa League on the basis of a cup run. I really hope for the sake of the league that Bohemians have no trouble winning tonight. They have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 7 home games.

FK Baku drew 0-0 so the freebet didn't win and the Bohemians bet, who also drew 0-0, wasn't placed.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I've withdrawn my total balance as I need it for something.

€39.17 profit isn't too bad for just a few days I guess.

I will be redepositing next week - probably Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just a word of advice, and of course there are certain situaitons that require all your cash right this instant now and then, but if you are serious about doing a log, it would be best if possible to leave that money aside until it reaches a target you have for yourself or a time periof you set.

Keeping a separate bankroll for life and gambling is pretty essential in the long run.

Good start!

• Advertisement
Advertisement